main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

subway sandwiches Friday night, May 6

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by nordicgal, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    We girls were talking last weekend, and we thought subways (a.k.a. hoagies) sounded good for this weekend. Everyone could bring a couple of ingredients, and we would have a great meal! What does everyone think of this?

The club still has lots of mayo, Miracle Whip, and mustard, so we won't need those.

Here's a list of the things I can think of. Please post here if you can think of other items.

sliced ham
    sliced turkey
    sliced chicken
    (at least 1 lb. each)

sliced cheddar cheese
    sliced Swiss cheese

shredded lettuce
    sliced tomatoes
    sliced white onion
    sliced green bell pepper
    sliced black olives

subway-style buns

different varieties of chips

dessert

Is that everything? What else do people like on their sandwiches? Please post here and say what you'll bring. It'll be fun!!

2. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    As the resident vegisaur, lol... I'll bring all the cheeses. I'll bring a pound each of swiss, cheddar, and provalone.

Also... we discussed possibly hitting Kingdom of Heaven Friday night, I just checked Fandango and it starts at 7pm and 7:55pm. What does everyone think about this?

3. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    I thought we were doing Hoagies when Linda came???

I am confused????

I work until 7, so I can't do both the sandwiches and movie, unless we go to a later movie. I do want to see this movie, but I don't have to see it on friday. I have a feeling it will be at the theater for a while.

4. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I had thought that "Unleashed" was coming out this week, but it's not. Therefore I'm thinking about going to "Kingdom" on Sat. night. I don't want to steal people from a group going Fri., but I'd appreciate company. Going to the movies alone, isn't as fun.

5. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Erin -

Since our next meeting (May 13) is the night before the garage sale, we decided to keep everything as simple as possible. So, I believe that we decided on having the meeting at The Crossing so we could order pizza. That way, there's no clean-up, and we can spend the rest of the evening getting ready for the sale.

As far as the movie goes, why don't we have sandwiches on Friday night, and go see the movie on Saturday? That way both Erin and Adam can participate. Does this work for everyone?

6. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    I can't do Saturday, but that's ok. You guys go have fun! lol. I'll be there for sandwiches Friday night... bringing cheese like I said before.

7. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Thanks guys for understanding and stuff. If nothing else, Adam and I have already talked about going on Saturday, if everyone else wants to go on friday.

I will bring 1 lb of ham, 1lb of turkey and maybe some buns?? That way you guys can't eat until I get there. Dang, am I evil or what???

8. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    speaking of evil.... do we need some cake? pie? something? lol. I'm happy to make that chocolate cake, or maybe we could talk Jenny into making that one again.... what do you guys think?

9. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    I guess that leaves me with all the veggies: lettuce, tomato, onion, bell pepper, and black olives. I can also throw in a bag of chips.

Melissa - some kind of dessert would be great. Erik - if you need to bring something, perhaps some more chips would work.

Anyone else who shows up - just bring what you can! Sounds like we have it covered!!

10. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    Ok, I found that better than --- cake on the food tv website... I'm gonna make that! the coconut is the topping so I'll leave it off and bring it on the side.

I'm also bringing some avacados just in case there are any other odd people like me who like that on their sandwich.

What are we watching?

11. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I need to stop by and drop something off for Erin. I don't think I'll eat, but I can still bring some chips or something...

12. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Jenny is bringing chips.

Just thought I would let ya'll know.

13. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    ok guys... this cake is looking really good... and it's HEAVY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.