main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Success!!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Drk Father1, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Wow, I hope everyone had as much fun last night and today as I did!

It never ceases to amaze me how I can feel like a little kid again just by grabbing up all those toys. I actually found everything I wanted except for a Count Dooku figure!

And my favorite is....YODA! He's mean, he's green, and he's definately coming out of the package to kick some *ss.

Oh well, must go play now....and for any of you who are trying to avoid spoilers: Don't buy the hangar duel Anakin!!!! ;)

2. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    I got back from St. Louis about six o'clock yesterday. I went up to Meijer on Dixie Highway and they looked like they'd been pretty much looted. Just to say I picked up something on "release day," I bought the hangar-duel Anakin and the arena-outfit Padme (because, hey, how can I pass up the chance to own a likeness of a bare-midrift Natalie Portman?). There was no Darth Tyrannus/Count Dookoo to be found, except for the deluxe one, which they say really flips, but I have my doubts that he'll actually land on his feet...

Is it just me, or do the likenesses for the human characters for the Ep2 line really leave a lot to be desired? The aliens and stuff look great, but I must say I was disappointed with the way Obi-Wan and Anakin look. Not some of Hasbro's best sculpting, in my opinion.

Incidentally, don't buy the figs at Meijer if you can get around it, as they're $6.44 each there, and only $5.99 each at Wal-mart and Target.

Has anyone bought the soundtrack? What's up with the missing track? On the bootleg you can get from the internet there are 14 tracks, with the last one being, "On the Conveyer." It's listed as a bonus track and was supposed to be a Wal-Mart exclusive, but my friend just told me that it's not on the copy he bought from Wal-mart. Anybody know who's got the exclusive track? I know it's not Best Buy, because their soundtrack exclusive is some kind of trading card.

Man, I can't believe that a week from tomorrow I'll be heading up to Indy for the Celebration...how did it get here so fast?!?!?

-John

3. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Dooku is the only one I couldn't find! And just so you know, I've yet to get the Deluxe one to land on his feet.

The faces do look kind of funny, but I think it may have more to do with the paint jobs than the sculpting. Supposedly they used the Realscan stuff to sculpt them.

As for the soundtrack....its the Target Yoda cover that has the bonus track. Walmart's edition is supposed to have a screen saver, but my computer won't read the damn CD! Pretty mad about the bonus track though, that's pretty cheesy of Sony.

And yeah, can't help drooling over the Padme fig.

4. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    I think you're right about the paint job on the figures rather than the sculpt. I was looking at Anakin closer last night, and I think it's the paint. It looks like it's too thick or something, almost giving the faces a glossy look when they'd look much better painted in "flat" tones (just look at McFarlane's Movie Monsters line or something). But I guess it's a small complaint in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, I found out yesterday about the Target CD having the exclusive track. I hate how they've released all these exclusives and different covers and everything. It's bad enough that we'll all be buying it again in a year or so when they release a 2-disc edition (and you KNOW they will), much less having multiple versions of the 1-disc version.

I printed out the checklist of Ep2 figs that Rebelscum.com prepared, so hopefully I can go looking a bit more this weekend. I think I'll be holding off on getting any deluxe figs, vehicles, or playset-type things this time around, though. How heartbreaking was it to spend all that cash on Episode I stuff back in '99 only to have it all be more than 50% off (and still found in abundance) about six months later...

-John

5. sabe-oola

sabe-oola Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    HEY EVERYONE!
    sorry I like totally disappeared for a while, but alot of stuff has been happening here (I.E. A whiny post surgery husband....)
    Anyways, last night we went to HIllview Wal-Mart at midnight, and we found (.....drumroll......)
    2 count dookus
    Zam Wesell (not the sneak preview, but the official figure)
    2 Yoda's
    Luminara Unduli
    Jango Fett

these are my favorites so far too!
    Say, when do you guys want to get together again before the convention next week-end? I found 2 more recruits!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! Let me know...we want to get input from everyone with the flyers, I want it to be a "group" design..........something that we can all sit together and brainstorm! Let me know what you guys think.............

6. sabe-oola

sabe-oola Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    I forgot to add that Padme was definitely a drool-worthy figure...but what about Zam the Assasin???? I have totally grown rather fond of her...hehe......(I'm trying to be one of the guys here.....) ;)

7. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Hey glad to have you back!

Zam's not bad but she's awful hard to pose! (and as a side note: I'm very dissappointed she won't be at the Celebration now)

I can get together anytime this weekend and any night during the week. Just let me know. It would be cool if we could arrange to meet at the Celebration too. Anyone else going to the Fanforce party at the Hyatt that Friday?

The excitement in my house is so thick you could cut it with a lightsaber! (groan)

8. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    I have still yet to see either a Count Dookoo OR a Yoda. Of course, I've only looked at about five places since last Tuesday, but still. I can't believe they're $6.99 at Target... the week prior to the Ep2 figure release, all the POTJ figs were only $5.99 there. How can Wal-Mart stick with the new price point, but nobody else can? That really annoys me. But maybe I'm just cheap. :)

Hey, I'm going to the Friday night party at the Hyatt. I've got my Paypal receipt from when I bought my tickets, but never got any other e-mail confirmation or anything, so I'm showing up with that. When is the 25th Anniversary Concert? Is it Saturday night? I definitely want to go to that.

-John

9. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Yeah, all I got was my Paypal receipt but I did get an email verifying that they "picked" up my payment. I'm hoping they have plenty of Dooku's at the Celebration, especially since they're going for about $50.00 on Ebay (d*mn scalpers). The concert is on Saturday at about 8:30.

10. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    The only way you'll get a Count Dookoo at the Star Wars Celebration for less than after-market prices is if they have any at the Fan Club store, where they'll still be 8.99 each, I think. The dealers room will probably have some, but I'll wager you won't find a single Ep2 fig there for less than $10, depsite the fact you can still get most off the store shelves.

Man, I remember what a disappointment the Fan Club store was at Celebration 1 in Denver. You had to wait outside in the pouring rain for an hour or more just to get inside, and when you did, there were a whopping three whole action figures to choose from, and as if that weren't bad in and of itself, one of the three was JAR JAR.

On the collecting front, has anyone else bought the novelization? I don't remember which (if any) of you guys were trying to stay spoiler-free. I read the book in one sitting on Sunday, and it made me REALLY want to see the movie. Man, I can't wait for some of those visuals.

-John

11. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    OUCH! No, you can't read the book yet! I did buy it but won't touch it until after I see the movie (even though I've read all the online spoilers). It's tempting though. I haven't even listened to (all of) the soundtrack yet.

I think I'm going to stay spoiler free for Episode III since it will be the last...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.