main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Suddenly I see-(Mace Windu, OC's) Response to Songfic Roulette Challenge Posted 4/18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Noelie, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Her face is a map of the world
    Is a map of the world
    You can see she's a beautiful girl
    She's a beautiful girl
    Everything around her is a silver pool of light
    People who surround her feel the benefit of it
    It makes you calm
    She holds you captivated in her palm

Mace Windu did a careful turn around the reception room floor, and feeling quite put out that he was not in his zone of comfort. He would have rather been assigned security at this event, than an honored guest.

An honored guest with a date; If Noela Ovorp hadn?t asked him especially, he wouldn?t have complied, not even as a request from Yoda, but even his typical stoic hardness would melt when that infernal woman would bat her big, blue eyes at him.

Suddenly I see
    This is what I wanna be
    Suddenly I see
    Why in Hoth it means so much to me

Speaking of the blue-eyed attachment of Master Qui-Gon Jinn, and the reason for this exquisite event, filled with almost every sort of influential person you could want in one small area, she was right over by her fiancé, Liam Senoe, Master Jinn and his lovely, but vacant date for the evening.

It wasn?t just that Noela Ovorp, the bride-to-be within the next few days, was a senator of some renown for Alderaan, but her husband-to-be was a Holovid star, with his own right to said renown. So everyone that was anyone on Coruscant was in attendance.

There they were, the triangle to watch for the evening, because the blond didn?t count. Trust Qui-Gon Jinn to pull of an attachment of this sort for decades and keep it with the full blessing of the council. Now he could also effect an elegant attempt at a broken heart, because Noela Ovorp was to marry Liam Senoe, and while he could tell the men were at a truce because they cared for the woman, it was a careful, uneasy truce.

Yes, why couldn?t he have a desirable semi-unrequited attachment, full of swashbuckling romance like that?

And I feel like walking the world
    Like walking the world
    And you can hear she's a beautiful girl
    She's a beautiful girl
    She fills up every corner like she's born in black and white
    Makes you feel warmer when you're trying to remember
    What you heard
    She likes to leave you hanging on a wire

It didn?t make it any easier to come around the corner and see young Obi-Wan, handsome and self-assured as only the Padawan learner of Master Jinn would be. Obi-Wan was with his own budding attempt at attachment, Carmyn Delairs. Despite her usual propensity toward clothing that was brief and extremely fuchsia, she was also warm, delightful and humanly gorgeous. Something Mace could understand

Why couldn?t he have an attachment like that? Was it something in the magic of the Kenobi/Jinn partnership that guaranteed such things?

Suddenly I see
    This is what I wanna be
    Suddenly I see
    Why in Hoth it means so much to me

Even Yoda was happy renewing his friendship with Yarlin Pouf. Of course that probably wasn?t the best example of a relationship to envy, but the idea was there. If he had to wander into the land of forbidden attachments, why couldn?t he have a comfortable one?

And she's taller than most
    And she's looking at me
    I can see her eyes looking from a page in a magazine
    She makes me feel like I could be a tower
    Big strong tower
    She got the power to be
    The power to give
    The power to see yeah yeah

The orchestra had quit playing and he watched the red-haired sister of the bride run over to do her usual excellent job of charming even the most stoic of Jedi. If the bride had to set him up for her wedding events, why couldn?t she have even burdened him with the single and winsome Mere Ovorp? No, nothing that simple.

He knew she would find him any moment. Dread filled his heart as he felt her hand on his shoulder.

Her eyes were large and brown, shining limpid in the glowing chandelier light.

?My own Jedi Knight, My brave Mace Windu,? the growled words were soft with romance as his date, the Wookie, Tala claimed him for the res

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, Mere would have happily entertained him, but Tala is forever devoted... I had to bury my face in a pillow and giggle hysterically.

3. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    ?My own Jedi Knight, My brave Mace Windu,? the growled words were soft with romance as his date, the Wookie, Tala claimed him for the rest of the evening.

Hehe. This was so funny. I could just imagine Mace in this situation. Well done.

Cheers,
    Wyo

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That was a lovely response to the challenge.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A beautiful response to the challenge! =D=

6. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Ish: [face_laugh] She didn't get much to say, but yes I am sure Mere would have loved to have lead our good master in a merry dance for the evening. Alas, another female had already claimed him the 14th day of the second month previous. @};-

WyoJedi: I still wasn't sure this is what I should have done, but that you had already posted your beautlful and far more serious response to the challenge. Thank you again for helping me out, in knowing I was on the right track.:*

Healer Leona and VaderLVR64: Thank you both :cool:

7. bi0nic

bi0nic Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    A Wookie for a date? Yikes! [face_laugh]

That was great Noelie!

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Tala is Mace's date from Cruel and Unusual Romance and when she decided to do this, I couldn't stop laughing.

9. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005

Thanks bi0nic @};- As Ish said there is a history behind Mace and Tala, and when I got the words to my song, she was all I could think of.

10. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Very, Very cute. I love how the mighty Mace Windu actually would like to have something like what Qui-Gon has.

11. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Even Yoda was happy renewing his friendship with Yarlin Pouf. Of course that probably wasn?t the best example of a relationship to envy, but the idea was there. If he had to wander into the land of forbidden attachments, why couldn?t he have a comfortable one?

[face_laugh] I love the image of Yoda with Yarlin Pouf.

And I don't know who makes a cuter couple...Yoda and Yarlin or Mace and Tala. [face_batting]

This was great, Noelie! Cute, funny, and it worked perfectly with the song! I loved it! =D=

12. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh, poor Mace!

I actually felt bad for him here.

Great response to the challenge.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

13. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Amidalachick:And I don't know who makes a cuter couple...Yoda and Yarlin or Mace and Tala I think you might be right! :D Do you think they choose a King or Queen of pre-wedding events?

Do you think Mace caught the bouquet? Hehe

Kelia: Thanks for reading. It was the only scene that would allow itself to be played once I read my song lyrics! I am glad you enjoyed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.