main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Suddenly (Obi-Wan, Xanatos, Qui-Gon, drama, angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthCorsa, Aug 27, 2010.

1. DarthCorsa

DarthCorsa Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2010
    Title: Suddenly

Author: Darth Corsa

Genre: Drama, Angst

Summary: TPM, AU, non-slash. Master Jinn decides to leave Obi-Wan on Melida/Daan, in Xanatos? hands.

Disclaimer: Call me Lord Corsarius, but I don?t own these characters.

Qui-Gon sighed heavily: finally it was over here, on Melida/Daan. Well, not for inhabitants, but for himself surely. This mission was wrong from its beginning and now it came to the logical end: his Padawan preferred to stay here in order to help the people he barely knew. Somehow, there was peace between the Young and the Elders, not without Obi-Wan?s collaboration, but for Master Jinn it was over anyway. He considered his Padawan?s actions as a betrayal and couldn?t take them easily.

~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon had left Obi-Wan on that damned planet, when a Padawan decided to join the Young. Or, exactly, it was Obi-Wan, who preferred to stay there. Nevertheless, Qui-Gon and his fellow Jedi Tahl headed to the Temple on Coruscant alone.

After a couple of weeks the Jedi received a message from Melida\Daan and Yoda almost forced Qui-Gon to return. Master Jedi thought that he would need all his Jedi patience not to yell at the boy.

To his surprise, the Elders somehow learned about his arrival and were waiting for him. It was a miracle that they decided to sign the Peace Treaty. Qui-Gon suddenly felt relieved. Some more?and almost entire inhabitants would be killed, because of that damned conflict and the civil war. But as his former Master had used to say ?We cannot save everyone in the galaxy?. Master Jinn?s first priority was Tahl. Maybe, it wasn?t right, but there was nothing he could do with his own feelings.

Before leaving, he, of course, asked about Obi-Wan. Nield said that his former Padawan helped them a great deal, but disappeared after Cerasi?s death. Nobody knew where he was now and, to be honest, they didn?t burn with the desire to find him. "He doesn't belong here," Nield added through clenched teeth. This was the other side?despite all Obi-Wan?s help, the locals didn?t want to deal with a former Jedi. Actually, due Qui-Gon?s own experience, it happened a lot: the help of the Jedi was needed, but they themselves weren?t appreciated much.

~~~~~~~

?So, it?s his business, not mine. If he wants to run away, so it be. I won?t look for him on purpose,? Qui-Gon thought, heading to his ship. ?If he wants to return, he always can. I?m sure he noticed arrival of my ship. So? I wash my hands of it,? he kept thinking, much for his own sake. To be honest, he neither wanted to admit that there was his own fault as well, nor his former Padawan to be harm. He even wasn?t sure that he could take the boy back, not speaking of his shattered trust. Well, but if Obi-Wan would really be sorry for what he had done?

Suddenly, the Jedi fell on his knees. The vision from the Force came suddenly. He didn?t have much, but as a rule, most of them were true by now.

A blurry image of the High Jedi Council? He and a young man were standing in front of them? Mace Windu says calmly:
    ?You cannot train him. You already have a Padawan.?

?But Anakin is the Chosen One! You can?t forbid me! If you do, I?ll leave the Jedi Order with Anakin!? Qui-Gon heard his own voice.

?Master!? A Padawan near him froze with shock.

Qui-Gon slowly stood up. What bull****! The Chosen One from an ancient prophecy! Right now, he was just another theoretical Padawan for him and no wonder, if he would betray him as two previous ones had done. No, no, no! As he had said before, he would be better alone, with nobody at his side!

The thought of forgiving his last Apprentice ruined quickly.

When Qui-Gon approached the shuttle, he was very angry?for himself, for his Padawans, for everything? Suddenly he noticed a familiar frame near the ship.

To judge by his appearance, Obi-Wan had an arm broken. He was bleeding and breathing heavily and his skin was covered with bruises, yet he managed to smile. Qui-Gon noticed that Kenobi?s eyes were dull and grey with pain. Ginger hai

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

?He is not my Padawan anymore.? Qui-Gon answered calmly. ?So, kill him, if you want. I?m going to Coruscant.? Indeed, he clipped his lightsaber to his belt and went into his shuttle, leaving shocked Xanatos and Obi-Wan behind.

:eek: I think Qui-Gon is not much of a Jedi anymore! How dare he wish another being to be killed.

Why - why, that's worse than how Qui-Gon is behaving over in Saga, it is.

3. AZURASKYE

AZURASKYE Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    More, please keep writting this one. It has a lot of potental. I would love it if it turned into a Xan redemption fic. With him and Obi Finding Anakin first, like when he'S around 3, and raising him, making a descent human being (or a real jedi) out of him.

4. master_jade

master_jade Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2006
    Yes, continue. please.
    Always good to read a fanfic about Xan :)

5. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    [face_shame_on_you] Whoaaa, that was not very nice Qui-Gon! And you call yourself a Jedi?
    More please!

6. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2010
    I hope you are going to be posting more.
    I can foresee a very interesting story....I can hardly wait.

7. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    Everybody, thanx for reading and reviewing!

Valairy_Scot
    Why - why, that's worse than how Qui-Gon is behaving over in Saga, it is.
    Hey, some says that we have a personal vendetta against him. [face_whistling]

AZURASKYE
    I would love it if it turned into a Xan redemption fic.
    Why not? Maybe. Somehow, it's Qui-Gon who is evil in mine and DarthManul's stories.

master_jade
    Always good to read a fanfic about Xan
    That's why I wanted to write something about him, too:) .

The1stJediPrincess
    And you call yourself a Jedi?
    We'll ask him! ;)

Cade_Cryocharger

I can foresee a very interesting story....
    you can forsee events before they happen? Anyway, I hope, I won't disappoint you.

What else can I say? Certainly, I'll continue writing this story (with my Master's help, of course)). Sorry, but I can't say it will be soon.

8. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    Author?s Note:

Well, the first chapter was written long ago and I didn?t have the courage to continue it. I agree ?twas awful, really awful. I just hope that my style and my grammar (I?m so sorry about it and do my best to make as few mistakes as possible, but English isn?t my first language) have improved a little since then. Anyway, I?d like to rewrite the first chapter and finish with some more ones. I even decided to make it a bit happier :)

~~~~~~~

Xanatos looked puzzled. The moment ago he had imagined the picture of his sweet revenge on Master Jinn, but that what was happening now? It just didn?t make any sense! How could Qui-Gon go away so easily, with no attempt to protect his young Apprentice? He looked at Obi-Wan more attentively: he was barely breathing and most likely even didn?t quite understand what was going on.

The dark Jedi had been preparing to this ?meeting? for months: bribed some useful people, kept an eye on Master Jinn and his new Padawan? and waited, waited and waited for an appropriate opportunity to strike him down, imagined his revenge. It had been a perfect moment: Qui-Gon was alone; this pathetic Padawan of his was wounded and couldn?t resist much. Xanatos also knew that Jinn for sure was attached to the boy and would go mad, if he would be killed. Besides, it was rather symbolically: Qui-Gon had murdered Xan?s father and he, in his part, would kill his Master?s Apprentice, a person who obviously was close to him. He hated this ginger-haired boy, especially after Bandomeer.

But right now? Well, Xanatos even didn?t notice when he picked up the boy and gently carried him to his own shuttle.

~~~~~~~

When Kenobi woke up he immediately felt that he was not on Melida/Daan anymore. In fact, there was something unfamiliar in this place. Master Jinn?s shuttle, perhaps? To be honest, he didn?t remember the rest of his conversation with his former Master and supposed that he, well, maybe didn?t forgive his good-for-nothing Padawan, but at least took him back to Coruscant, what wasn?t so bad, considering his current state.

Finally he opened his eyes and then almost immediately closed them again, as he thought he was still dreaming, because he saw Xanatos, Master Jinn?s previous Apprentice.

The dark Jedi, who was leaning at the wall, shrugged. If he was Kenobi right now, he wouldn?t believe in the present too. He sighed.

?I?m not a nightmare, young one,? he said tiredly, trying to sound gentle.

?Where am I and what have you done with my Master?!? The former Padawan growled angrily. He was fully awake now and tried to scan the area with the Force. The one thing he could understand - he was among the enemies.

?Actually, I haven't done anything to him,? Xanatos shrugged again. ?He disappeared too quickly.?

?I-I? Wait, what do you mean ?disappeared??? Obi-Wan certainly was taken aback.

?He returned to Coruscant, I suppose.? Xan added and rubbed his eyes. It would be a long conversation, with no doubt.

?And you captured me!? Kenobi stated and narrowed his eyes, angrily glaring at his rival.

?Miss once again. Seemed, he preferred to leave you. I hope you?d tell me the story.?

?You?re lying!? Obi-Wan yelled and tried to stand up, despite his broken leg.

?Hey, not too quickly, you?ll need some days to rest and you?ll be just fine,? Xanatos admitted.

?What has happened?!? Kenobi repeated stubbornly, still trying to get up. The dark Jedi was silently watching his attempts to stand and then pushed him back on the bed, waving his hand and summoning the Force.

?As I understood, Master Jinn meant that I should do with you anything I want, and he left that pathetic planet. That?s all, really. To be honest, I hoped you will enlighten me.?

?It cannot be true!? Obi-Wan suddenly stopped and checked the Force. Xan?s shield were raised high and Kenobi couldn?t see through his thoughts, but the dark Jedi wasn?t deceiving anything . ?Or can?.. What do you want from me then? Weren?t you going to kill me?? Obi-Wan preferred to change the topic.

?I were.? Xanatos answered honestly. ?But

9. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Poor Obi-Wan. Wonder what Xanatos is going to do with him now? I wonder if Qui-Gon will have a change of heart and look for him? Hmmm....

Please continue..this is interesting.

10. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    An engaging start, I hope to read more.

11. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    obimom, padawan3 , thank you for reading! [:D]
    I will continue the story, for sure! I (and my co-author) have some plans and drafts, but right now we want to finish the other stories.

12. XANl

XANl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    Great start!
    Hope you still continue with the story.
    Notify me when you post again.