main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Suffering from Star Trek over dose!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lonewolf89, Nov 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    If I hear Data say "Sir, I believe we've gone through a temporal rift" on more time I'm liable to blast something. After sitting through almost ten hours of Star Trek yesterday [hey, my dad's idea not mine!!] I got so trekked-up I started dreaming about it!!! I like Star Trek, to a point [a point which stops at about one hour a week.] but this pathetic. I must... load up on Star Wars immediately ... must read... more posts. Must....stop talking like a freak!!

2. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    Well to be honest I rather enjoyed it. Sometimes it's refreshing to leave the boards and stop thinking like a Jedi and start thinking like a Starfleet officer.

3. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Like I said, I like it to a point, but I'm not a huge fan.

4. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    QUIK! WHO'S THARCKEN SAL-SOLO?
    WHATS THE SON OF LUKE SKYWALKER NAMED?
    we're gonna need a 2-1B here, get this man some SW ASAP!

5. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Oh, no....my memory has been effected!!!!!

Must try...
    Han's cousin
    Ben, named after the legendary Obi-Wan Kenobi.

How did I do?

6. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    thats good, just one last question, what tribute to Spielburg did GL make in Episode 1?

7. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm drawing a blank...

8. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    aw well, it was a hard one. Theres a bunch of ET senators jumping up and down yelling "Vote now!"
    'ET vote noow'
    We'll just get you on a Nerf and borccilli [sp?] diet and give you some free SW tapes and Books

9. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Thank you, I think the Star Wars part of my brain is beginning to take over again.

10. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    You know I get star wars, and star trek overdoses. I gotta mix it up a little. Get a variety of shows.

11. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    just go for an all out Star Wars. I sometimes whatch Trek, but the Borg scares me.

12. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Variety, is good.

13. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Hello...my name is Krash and I'm a "recovering Trekkie." <<everyone "Hello Krash">> During that dark time between RotJ and "Heir to the Empire" I relyed on Trek for my sci-fi interest. I'd always watched the origiinal TV show re-runs, and there were new movies, and this "Next Generation" thing starting up. It never replaced SW as my favorite, never in a million years, but it filled that void in my life. I'm better now, still enjoy the occasional episode of "Voyager" and watch the movies occasionally, but I don't have pointed ears or anything.
    Seriously, it's nice to venture out and enjoy other sci-fi stuff. I'm a huge fan of "Farscape" and still watch most Trek. Besides, after having "Happy Birthday" sung to you by a bunch of Klingons at a PBS telethon, you can't cast out Star Trek entirely :)

14. Princess_Liar

Princess_Liar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    My Mum's a trekkie - I spent my early childhood marvelling at William Shatner's receding hairline and expanding waistline. I think the rate at which his hair thinned is inversely proportional to the rate at which his stomach grew. Er, sorry, got a little carried away there. :p

Have you seen the new Trek series, Enterprise, yet? Agh, that theme music! What's the deal with that??

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I really like the new series. The theme song is pretty good change of pace, IMHO.

16. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    The only Star Trek novel I've read is one by Peter David. It was pretty good, so I'll probably check out some more stuff by him.

Enterprise, the new show, rocks. TNG (the show) seemed cool a few years ago, don't much like it now though. And the original series is good for a nice laugh. :D All the movies are pretty neat though.

17. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Go find some copies of the original Babylon5 series and watch it to mix things up.

It beats Trek hands down.

It's incomparable to Star Wars, however.

18. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Of course we understand that is all ones matter of oppinon of course.

IMHO, to me I find star trek, and star wars equal in my enjoyment of both.

19. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Not me. I always liked Star Trek in very small doses, but I will admit that I really enjoy the new series, so much so that Im impatiently waiting for new episodes. But, overall, I definetly love Star Wars alot more than Star Trek, without a doubt.

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Star Trek has been milked to death. Unlike Star Trek, Star Wars didn't have all its films and famous events clumped together. Plus Star Wars is still expanding. Star Trek has stopped dead.

I was a Star Trek fan. But after Star Trek Voyger ended and this new season of Star Trek begain, it turned me off. This season has no future to it. All it is doing is doing what the Voyger crew did, but in an eariler time and with bad actors.

The only Star Trek show I ever liked and actally watched, was Star Trek Voyger.

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Enterprise actually has the highest first season rating of any of the shows, and is quite populer with the non-star trek fan crowd as well. That very important fact that needs to be adressed before people start resorting to bashing it.

Voyager, was the lowest rated star trek show ever. It turned off many old time star trek fans.(though, I really liked it myself.)

22. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    IMO "Enterprise" is interesting. I love the introduction which gives a historical journey of exploration. The music is very pleasant. I prefer Star Wars over Star Trek.

23. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    My two main interests are Star Wars and Robotech. I'm a casual fan of Transformers, D&D and Dune.

24. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    For me, the only Trek novel I ever read was the novelization to The Search for Spock. The only Trek I can get into is the original movies, 1-6. I grew up with some reruns of the original series before TNG ever aired and thought they were cute. But they never really caught my intrest. Trek still doesn't really catch my attention. But 1-6 I like enough that I watch. The newer movies just so turn me off that I've never seen any of them.

25. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000
    Go find some copies of the original Babylon5 series and watch it to mix things up.

It beats Trek hands down.

CORRECT! :)

It's incomparable to Star Wars, however.

WRONG! :) At least in my opinion, I feel it's as good. you can think whatever you want. :) Babylon 5 is the best science fiction television has seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.