Suggested reading

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by -Edward-, Dec 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Edward- Jedi Knight

star 2
    hiya

im new to the whole star wars saga, i've seen all the films so far, and im intriuged, and want more. can some people suggest some novels/general reading that can start to get me into it more, as my knowledge is still very basic

cheers

on a totally different note, what time zome are these forums on
  2. YoungPadawanLearner Jedi Master

star 4
    You can't go wrong with the Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest Series.

The EU board may be of a better help to you.
  3. -Edward- Jedi Knight

star 2
    ok thx ill check those out

couple of quick questions. general gist of these serieses, and anywhere on the net i cud get box sets
  4. Wild_Huntress Jedi Master

star 4
    OK well Jedi Apprentice (my speciality (sp?) 8-} ) is about Obi-Wan's training with Qui-Gon. They're very good. There are eighteen of them plus two special editions, so a boxed set is pretty much impossible to come by to my knowledge. Also they were started before TPM came out, so the first ones in the series may be hard-ish to find but they're well worth the effort IMO.

Jedi Quest is about Obi-Wan and Anakin. They're pretty new, and just coming out- I think the 4th one's out now, possibly the 5th. I haven't read them but they shouldn't be difficult to find. And they're by the same author as JA so they should be good.
  5. DARTH_ABBADON Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I read one of the Jedi Quest ones and I liked the Jedi Apprentice ones much better for some reason.
  6. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Edward! :)
    I totally recommend the Jedi Apprentice series. Huntress already explained them, so all I can do is strongly recommend them. 8-} They are wonderful. Yeah, I didn't enjoy Jedi Quest much. The EU board is wonderful, you should definatly check it out.
  7. poweranger Jedi Knight

star 2
    i highly recommend reading the visual dictionaries available...(there are three currently in bookstores; one for each new film and another representing the old trilogy)

there are also essential guides available regarding planets and characters - these will provide an overview of whats out there in books, novels and comic books.

when you pay a visit to the literature forum cheaking out the "timeline " there can be helpful too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.