main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Suggested reading

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by -Edward-, Dec 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Edward-

-Edward- Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 28, 2002
    hiya

im new to the whole star wars saga, i've seen all the films so far, and im intriuged, and want more. can some people suggest some novels/general reading that can start to get me into it more, as my knowledge is still very basic

cheers

on a totally different note, what time zome are these forums on

2. YoungPadawanLearner

YoungPadawanLearner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2002
    You can't go wrong with the Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest Series.

The EU board may be of a better help to you.

3. -Edward-

-Edward- Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 28, 2002
    ok thx ill check those out

couple of quick questions. general gist of these serieses, and anywhere on the net i cud get box sets

4. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    OK well Jedi Apprentice (my speciality (sp?) 8-} ) is about Obi-Wan's training with Qui-Gon. They're very good. There are eighteen of them plus two special editions, so a boxed set is pretty much impossible to come by to my knowledge. Also they were started before TPM came out, so the first ones in the series may be hard-ish to find but they're well worth the effort IMO.

Jedi Quest is about Obi-Wan and Anakin. They're pretty new, and just coming out- I think the 4th one's out now, possibly the 5th. I haven't read them but they shouldn't be difficult to find. And they're by the same author as JA so they should be good.

5. DARTH_ABBADON

DARTH_ABBADON Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 9, 2002
    I read one of the Jedi Quest ones and I liked the Jedi Apprentice ones much better for some reason.

6. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Welcome Edward! :)
    I totally recommend the Jedi Apprentice series. Huntress already explained them, so all I can do is strongly recommend them. 8-} They are wonderful. Yeah, I didn't enjoy Jedi Quest much. The EU board is wonderful, you should definatly check it out.

7. poweranger

poweranger Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2002
    i highly recommend reading the visual dictionaries available...(there are three currently in bookstores; one for each new film and another representing the old trilogy)

there are also essential guides available regarding planets and characters - these will provide an overview of whats out there in books, novels and comic books.

when you pay a visit to the literature forum cheaking out the "timeline " there can be helpful too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.