main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Suggestion for March Movie, Meeting and Dinner

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by tre_si_san, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    Here is a possible suggestion for this weekend......

It is highly understandable that not everyone can participate due to low funds...For some reason, this economic crisis situation seems to plague fandom...I think this bizarre event needs to be studied by the buearacratic think tanks and it needs to be severly over funded to do so...

Is it possible that maybe somehow we can do all three events in phases this Saturday?

Lets make a matinee movie on Saturday afternoon...This may allow one or two others to possibly participate...If it is timed just right, then we can go to the meeting afterward. This allows for those that cannot make the movie to still make the meeting without feeling left out....

After the meeting, we can still go out to eat or not. Now remember, just because several members may go for the purpose to have dinner does not mean you can still not join us for a soda or ice tea. We tend to talk and carry on more than we eat, so the more the merrier. I always try to find a waitress to fight with anyway.....;)

So I hope this may help keep the participation up...maybe someone may have an even better idea...

2. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    It sounds like a smashing idea!

3. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Would you like some banging good suggestions with that smashing idea?.....:D Couldn't resist Mars, it was a Nick type moment....

4. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    That is a good suggestion, Alex. I should be able to make it if we go to the 2:45 showing at the Quarry, though I might need someone to keep me from falling asleep in the movie since I have to be at a teacher workshop from 8am to 1pm. I am really not a morning person :mad: , but I'm willing to skip my nap and go on Saturday afternoon if that works better for people.

Lisa

5. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Not a problem....if you don't mind Marselles and I throwing popcorn into each ear at the same time when we see you nodding off...:D

6. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    I wouldn't do that to Lisa....I'd use raisinets. :D Sounds good to me.

7. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Thanks, guys. It's so nice to have wonderful friends like you. :rolleyes:

8. thx1067

thx1067 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2003
    My door of opportunity for this cinematic event is FRIDAY night ONLY! I'm lucky I can get away to the meeting on Saturday.

The baby is comming!!!!! And we still have NO NAME!!!

9. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Ok, unless we do this on Friday night, Brent can't go. What do we want to do? Marselles, it's up to you? I could go either time.

Lisa

10. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    You guys should go ahead and do it Friday night...there will be other movie opps in the future.....I really should be using all my available time to get school work done on Saturday anyway. See you at the meeting...

11. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Funny thing is, I have a date on friday night to see V for Vendetta. I was going to go on saturday with you guys to hang out. We can just schedule movie night another night. I can't make it friday. Saturday I can.

12. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Ok, sorry I didn't update this sooner. I talked to Brent today, and he is going to be able to make it after all. If anyone else is available to go and wants to go see V for Vendetta on Saturday afternoon, we are going to meet in front of the Alamo Quarry theater between 2:15 & 2:30pm. The movie starts at 2:45. Hopefully, you guys are able to make it. I will be sniffling and sick, but I'll still be there.

Lisa

13. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    I've already seen it, so you guys will have to trudge on without me. I will,of course, be at the meeting. See you guys there.

14. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    It's my last week and a half of school for this course. I have 6 assignments due between now and next Saturday. I will see everyone at the meeting.....

15. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    i got called into work today gang. spring break i guess made people feel they could call in, which leaves me as the one to go in. do me a favor guys...don't work for a bank! :(

16. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    I'm flaming out too. I just ran out of time to finish some drawings and such. Curse XBox and their addictive games.
    Anyway, Sometime this week, I'm going to make it out to Atomic Comics to throw in some artwork for their in store gallery. For all those who show up, I hope you have a great time and I can't wait to get to meet y'all soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.