Suggestion

Discussion in 'FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi all. Now is your chance to have your say on the future of the Welsh forum. I'm basically looking for new ways in which to make this place more appealing and fun.

So if you have any suggestions, ranging from the colour scheme to possible ideas for meets, then post them here.
  2. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    First off, FF-UK Wales, you might want to consider a logo, and a personalised banner etc, etc. Of course, I need photos of three meets with three members to make you "official". As soon as you're official, banners etc are well on their way.

Or are you already official? I'll have to check on that LOL! Damn noobie!
  3. Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni

star 4
    LMAO [face_laugh]

They've never been technically official, but the fact that they're a country rather than a chapter makes them a bit of an exception.

Plus you have to take into account the lack of roads in Wales, the fact that they are all called Taff, and the sheep issues :D

Seb [face_cheeky]
  4. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm pretty sure we are official?

Either that or i've been living a lie for 3 years!

Subulba_Sloan: Your a long way from home English!

If I wasn't haven't a quite night in with my sheep, there would be trouble!

(Edward/) There'll be no new road here Tubbs (\Edward)
  5. Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni

star 4
    LMAO!

I think you guys are official simply because you're a country - FF Chapter regs don't apply :)

Seb :D
  6. generalgreivous4 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Maybe a banner with a Robotic dragon and Coroucent as the backround...keep in mind its 12.30 at night and Im shattered.
  7. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, that's right, we're a country, not a principality! Never liked that term, reminds me of Prince Charles too much.

There was some discussiona while back regarding the design of the background. Somebody (not sure who now) even put something together with a Welsh Dragon, a Welsh FF pic and pics of (if I remember correctly, Richard Marquand and the Millenium Falcon).

Are there any budding graphic designers here that would like to have a go at putting something together?
  8. generalgreivous4 Jedi Knight

star 1
    It would be nice to have Richard Marquand in the banner somewhere, to actually show others that the Star Wars saga also had a welsh director.
  9. Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni

star 4
    The person to ask about banner design would be slavegirl if she's still around - she's responsible for the fantastic FFUK one :)

Seb
  10. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the heads up Seb, i'll have to try and track her down. I could use a good bounty hunter right about now. Where's SithLordDarthRichie when you need him?

Bloody Mandalorians, never around when you need them.
  11. Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni

star 4
    Bah Bounty Hunters - we don't need their scum! :p

Seb :D
  12. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    There will be a substantial reward for the person who finds me Slavegirl.

I want her alive.

No disintigrations!
  13. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    I've sent my Jedi Council out to fing Slavegirl.

So now we get to see just how good they are...
  14. Rhys Force Ghost

star 4
    Any updates on this? I've got quite a bit of graphics work experience (when inspiration strikes) though generally for website design graphics and stuff like that, i'd have to look at side-stepping a bit into making something fancy and suitable for a forum.

I've got so much work to do.
  15. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Your more than welcome to have a pass it it Rhys. Any input on your behalf will be most welcome.

By the way, hows the rotoscoping going?
  16. Rhys Force Ghost

star 4
    Just started on the Welsh test version, also doing Ryan vs Brandon (for my own personal practise), could show you some of that as an example but I'm not sure whether they'd appreciate me putting my own version in the public eye yet, so I'll have to ask about that.

The test stuff looks fairly simple though, so I don't see any problems with it going along over the next few days I expect. Will have to play around with a few settings, cos the lightsaber hilts you used are generally wider than the real ones, so getting the blades to look authentic will take some adjusting. You've already got the sounds and score on there, so I won't need to add that ;) So it's purely just the rotoscoping I guess.
  17. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Sure, send me a link for your test movie. I wanna see what kind of effects you can get. Don't worry about it being in the public eye, cause it's only 1 person and I don't plan on giving it to anyone.

Really wanna see your skills in action!
  18. Rhys Force Ghost

star 4
    Sent.
    As for the banner, is there any kind of specs on that? Like pixel height/width? Where it'd go? Does it replace the banner at the top?
  19. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, it would replace the banner at the top. Not sure about specs? I think Jairen would be the person to ask.

Liked your rotoscoping by the way, though (and this has nothing to do with you) the dual initially looks impressive, when you slow it down and stdy it more closely you can see all manner of mistakes.

That part where he ducks under the double blade, and the blade doesn't come within 4 foot of him....o_O
    There are other parts that didn't quite sit right, the blades bent in quite a few frames and the guy with the double blade seemed to be doing all the work. The other guy just kind of stood there and blocked?

But still, it's better than my piece of rubbish. Though having said that, given time I feel I could put something together that would knock that Ryan movie out of the water.

So you prefer the method of doing one blade at a time do you? Also, was that done in After Effects?
  20. Rhys Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, its possible that some of the mistakes may be down to me, as I didn't get the full 300mb odd quality .mov to work on, I got the internet 26mb version, so as compression was applied and quality would be slightly lowered, I came across quite a few frames where you can't see the blade you're working on at all. So I had to 'estimate' where they'd be, and work with it, change them as it went on to make them look better.

If you were to watch the whole Ryan vs Brandon it is very impressive (the choreography) however, I think people would be hard put to beat some of Ryan's fights (check out Ryan vs Dorkman as well). Ryan certainly seems to have a lot of experience with both the fight-work and editing, if you check out his website. Considering they're swinging alluminium rods at each other as well.

Yes, I prefer to edit each lightsaber one-by-one. This way I can make a composition per lightsaber, and the effects of previous lightsabers don't get in the way of my rotoscoping so I can see where I'm going. Then I can screen them all on top of each other, add clash effects and the like as well. And yes it is After Effects.
  21. MASTER-SITH Jedi Knight

star 2
    i would offer my help but i am useless at everthing *hangs head in shame*
  22. Rhys Force Ghost

star 4
    Though just so you know, I am thinking i'd like to try and make one even better (which would make it just about the best one around, if it were as good as some of the previous ones which have won the lightsaber choreography competitions).
    Sounds hard, but i'm awkward like that.
  23. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't worry MasterSith, you can join me in the "I suck at rotoscoping" club. I tried to do it several time, but the fastest i've managed to get it down to is 4 frames per hour. Seeing at a movie is 25 frames per second, you do the math!

I don't know what i'm doing wrong, but I sure do suck at it.

Rhys: I don't think the problems I mentioned were down to the file you were using, they seemed to be geniune errors on the part of the actors. But it's still a very good fight and the guy with the double blade can really wail, though it's not the best i've seen by a long shot.
  24. MASTER-SITH Jedi Knight

star 2
    walks of to the club hi how long u been here
  25. Rhys Force Ghost

star 4
    Check out Ryan vs Dorkman if you haven't seen that. You can find it on theforce.net.

25fps? Everything i've worked on is 29.97fps. Though you'll need to get hold of some real lightsaber hilts and either alluminium rods you can attach to them or wooden dowels.

Not sure how many frames an hour I do, a few seconds worth of footage I suppose.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.