main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Suggestions and ideas thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Howdy!

Here is where everyone can toss ideas around for future meetings/events. We have had a busy first year. This is a way to keep that going :)

Remember this is NOT a social thread. Merely for ideas and suggestions :)

Thanks!
    Strawbary

2. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Well lets see....At the last meeting it was mentioned about a Star Wars day at Wallyworld (sorry Walmar), also another event at Walmart was a food drop. If someone gives us anything they will get a polaroid piccy with one of us in costume. We could combine the two so we don't have to make two trips.

Also we talked about the parade at Niagra (spelling?) I think that was in Sept or October. If it's October I will be able to attend if it's in September I won't because my wife is going to Jordon and I have to look after the dogs.

Any other ideas??

3. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    need a sept meeting to prepare for our road trip to niagra...........any ideas on dates?
    Does anyone need a costume workshop to finish up some costumes?

4. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    The clothing part of my costume is coming along pretty well and will be ready for Niagara. However, as I've never done much metalworking I'm kind of afraid to start a lightsaber from scratch. Perhaps our next meeting can be a lightsaber workshop. I can bring my bin of parts and I know there's a Home Depot or something like that fairly close to the library as well if more parts are needed. (On the other hand, maybe the library won't work too well if we are going to do drilling and stuff like that)

Even though the lightsaber wouldn't be ready for the parade, I would still like to get one ready for future events. Once I've done one, I would feel more comfortable if I want to do another in the future. I know Raef Wolfe still needs to work on one as well.

5. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    On Halloween, Nate and I are (hopefuly) going to be working at P&C in costume. I had an idea that maybe we could hold some sort of charity event there. Now, I know that plans for Wal-Mart were being kicked around, and P&C has some pros and some cons. PRO: Some members in costume will be running register. CON: Sherrill's a small city, and even though we're the onyl grocery store in it, there's no guaruntees on the turnout.

Thoughts?

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    it would strongly depend on time of day for this event not to mention the walmart idea is actually a commitment we made to them last year. So we would like to honor that agreement. However, it does not have to be on Halloween. We can shoot for Nov for walmart :)

Please be more specific on date and time for this and what you would like to do. As far as charity events go they r pretty tough to do at last minutes notice unless you can get the ball rolling on it now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.