main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Suggestions and Ideas Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jan 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Howdy!

Here is where everyone can toss ideas around for future meetings/events. We have had a busy first year. This is a way to keep that going :)

Remember this is NOT a social thread. Merely for ideas and suggestions :)

Thanks!
    Strawbary

2. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    WORKSHOPS!!!!!!!!!!

:)

3. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    Kendo! And more workshops. I want my Jedi armor dern it.

-K

4. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    Anything with food!!!!!!!

we like food but we want a lightsaber/equipment workshop too.

5. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Sorry for the somewhat OT post...

Matrix-Jedi - what type of jedi armor are you looking to make? Leather or a more plastic/metal type armor?

Just curious :)

6. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    The armor I want is the plastic stormtrooper-esk armor. It's an EU thing, but I want to make it (plus if anyone saw Star Wars: Clone Wars, Obi-Wan had armor). So that's kinda on-topic because I want a workshop dealing with fabricating armor.

-K

7. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    I'll actually be buying armor that will be used in Broken Allegiance 2 (much-awaited sequel to much-acclaimed fanfilm). Donation of $500 gets you fully assembled, custom armor- 1 of 6 being made. Last time I checked, that was a hell of a deal.

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    This is a suggestions and Ideas thread. Please head over to the Social thread for anything other than that.
    Thanks guys ;)

9. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    That's something I may be able to help a little bit with...armor. I'm currently working on a screen accurate version of Zam but when I did my prior version, I used a plastic material called sintra to create my armor. It's easy to work with and cut, if you heat it up (by putting it in boiling water or the oven) you can bend it and shape it. I used it as the base of my headpiece for my Sabé costume too. That's actually one piece of sintra cut and bent over then formed to fit my head.

Sintra is great stuff, very user friendly. ;) And since you buy a large sheet of it, it lasts a long time. I've made several projects out of the sintra I have. It's great stuff. :)

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    This thread is for suggestions and Ideas about the group guys not costuming tips ;) LOL
    I will create a thread for costuming tips so we can keep this for group suggestions. :)

11. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    i have a suggestion. the next time we try to pick a movie to go to, lets try to pick only movies we KNOW are still going to be at the movies. we should also try to plan ahead and first pick a place to watch the movie and then decide on what to see. a backup idea would help too.

12. angelllyons24

angelllyons24 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2004
    Hey has anyone thought of doing a funrasier for the new childeren hospital for syracuse university hospital. I was born the rare hart aliment had open hart surgery when 10 months old. Thinks to the doctors at university I am a 24 year old collage student.

13. angelllyons24

angelllyons24 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2004
    Hey has anyone thought of doing a funrasier for the new childeren hospital for syracuse university hospital. I was born the rare hart aliment had open hart surgery when 10 months old. Thinks to the doctors at university I am a 24 year old collage student. So I would like to give back to the hospital and the doctors some how.

14. Darth_Vishnu

Darth_Vishnu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2003
    Sure, I like the idea. I am in if we can set something up. But I personally would like to do the tsunami one first.

15. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    (Vishnu, check the date, that post was over half a year old.)

16. Darth_Vishnu

Darth_Vishnu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2003
    Hahaha whoops, didn't see that. But either way ou slice it, it is a good idea.

17. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    anyone else have any ideas for some new events?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.