Suggestions for JN's Birthday Bash

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jedi_Nat, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As you know, I will be in London from May 27 - June 11. I will be attending Collectormania MK and I will be also celebrating my annual 21st birthday on June 5.

I was thinking about good old drinks for my birthday, but if anyone has any better suggestions, throw them at me. It doesn't have to be in London as a day trip somewhere sounds just as good.
  2. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    How about going to see a show :p
  3. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    You could go to Dress Circle and Forbidden Planet, both are great stores if somewhat expensive. You could see a show but I know you're already seeing a few and they aren't exactly cheap these days. There are 2for1 offers available for various things in London, I will check them out.
  4. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I thought about that! lol
    I was thinking if anyone else wanted to celebrate with me. It does get loneseome whilst celebrating by yourself....
  5. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    What would you want to see that you won't already be seeing on your visit?

You could go and see some of London's historic places like the Tower or Hampton Court.
    You could try out some of the horror places like the Dungeons or the London Bridge Experience.
  6. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dungeons or the London Bridge Experience sound like fun. Never did the dungeons two times I have been in town.

I am also going to see Priest while I am there if anyone wants to join me. It doesn't come out in Aus until Aug 4...
  7. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I did London Dungeons around 5-6 years ago. I had a good time.
  8. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    I went once where they had an old prison set-up with live actors here and there. Scared the bejeezus out of me!
  9. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I seem to recall the Great Fire of London being the centerpiece on one of my visits. I think Dracula/Vlad the Impaler or Jack the Ripper was the other time. (I went once with a friend from the US and once on my own.)
  10. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    It's a little bit more amusement park than it used to be. The first time I went you could walk about by yourself now they guide you everywhere and they have rides and such things.
    Never done the London Bridge Experience, but they say it is scary.

There is also The Disney 50 at BFI Southbank every weekend this year. If by any chance one of the Disney movies you like is on at the time you happen to be here, check it out.
  11. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm going to take a stab as say these maybe playing while I am there:
    21 Robin Hood (1973)
    22 The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977)
    23 The Rescuers (1977)

There maybe some good movies coming out then to. I mentioned Priest which comes out on May 13 in England (Aug 4 in Aus). I think there is Thor too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.