main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Suggestions (Jag/Kyrn) updated 12-19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Killik_Twilight, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Title: Suggestions
    Author(s): Killik_Twilight
    Timeframe: Just after Dark Journey
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Shawnkyr
    Genre:
    Keywords: Challenge
    Summary: Kyrn has a suggestion for her commanding officer
    Notes: Written for the Jag/Kyrn challenge

?May I come in, Colonel??

Jag was sitting at his desk, shuffling through paperwork, when he heard the voice. He looked up, and saw Shawnkyr standing in his doorway.

?Of course, Major. Have a seat.? He motioned her to a chair, and she sat down.

?Colonel? I have some reservations about your? relationship? with this Jedi.?

He looked at her, then said, ?Go on.?

She took a deep breath, then said, ?I think your feelings for Jaina Solo are interfering with your command, sir. She?s a disruptive, corrosive influence, and you are spending a great deal of time with her. This is not in line with your upbringing as a Chiss.?

Jag thought for a moment, and then said, ?Kyrn, how many times have I let my relationships interfere with the goals of the CEDF??

?Three, sir. Twice to save my life and once to rescue your older brother Chak.?

Jag leaned back, surprised. He hadn?t thought she knew about the incident with Chak.

?And you believe that she? affects? my work, in spite of a history of having done such things before??

?Yes, sir. In the past month I have noted no fewer than seven separate occasions where you followed her lead and people died as a result. Namely the missions where she sent pilots?including some under your command!?to die.?

?They were gaining valuable data in fighting our enemy.?

?So she says.?

?Shawnkyr, are you questioning my judgment in affiliating with Jaina??

?You already know the answer. Just? watch your back, sir.?

Jag sighed. ?Is that all, Shawnkyr??

?That?s all, sir.?

She stood up, saluted smartly, and walked out the door.

Jag sat for a few minutes, lost in thought.

Then he stood up, walked out the door, and headed in search of Jaina.

2. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I like this exchange. I've haven't read your previous work, but this exchange was a bit frosty![face_whistling] I recognize the trust between them, but also a little jealously on the part of Kyrn?[face_thinking]

I'm firmly in the Jag/Jaina camp!:p

3. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I'm very happy to see this fic, KT!

I really like this - Shawnkyr understands that she's also an emotional weakness for Jag, and she worries for it. How very Chiss of her.

So much for lessons learned. [face_laugh]

I'm sure the time in Dark Journey was pretty tense for Jag, Kyrn, and by extension, Jaina. For Shawnie, it must have been hard to see her superior officer - and friend - risk his life that way. Actually, I'd love if it you continued this more. There's clearly a lot of stuff hanging in the air, and naturally I can't ask for resolution (when is there ever resolution?:p ), but I'd love to see Jag's thoughts on this matter.

Great entry, KT!

Oh, I'm most definitely not...[face_mischief]:p[face_batting]

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Inara, I take it you are in the Kyp/Jaina camp? I never thought that relationship made sense. I prefer the idea of Jaina with someone her own age that is not a Jedi. But, believe me, I've no background to throw down in major debate. :D

5. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] Not really that either. To be honest, I don't 'ship Jaina with anyone in particular(actually, I only 'ship Han and Leia). The realm of Dark Nest has opened a lot of doors, and I'll read/write Jaina with Jag, Zekk, Kyp, or anyone else as long as its well done. As for Jag/Shawnkyr...well, I think they're cute together[face_love] , and I've always liked the whole friendship line of thought. ;)

Though I do agree with you - KT's piece does seem to indicate some jealousy on Shawnie's part...[face_mischief]

6. Killik_Swarm

Killik_Swarm Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2005
    I'm not telling. :p

And since you mentioned it, I never said this was a vignette? *cryptic grin*

KT

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    It would be GREAT to see you continue this! ;) [face_praying]

8. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    Jag stalked down the corridor, lost in thought.

How dare she question my judgment! She knows that I would never willingly betray the Chiss, not even for a woman.

He continued walking down the hallway, giving half-hearted answers to questions and absentmindedly saluting lower-ranked officers. Soon, he was near Jaina?s quarters, and he stopped in front of them automatically.

Just as he was about to announce himself, the door slid open and Jaina stormed out.

?running right into him.

She?d been moving fairly quickly, and she knocked him backwards, at the same time stumbling into a nearby wall.

??Jag?? she looked up at him in confusion.

?Jaina?? he nodded to her. ?I was just about to knock.?

?So it seems, Flyboy. What do you want??

?Jaya, you and I need to talk.?

Her sense instantly turned even worse. ?Talk? About what??

He sighed. ?Shawnkyr has some reservations about our relationship.?

?Shawnkyr, huh? Well, kriff her, Jag. And she and I need to talk.? She stalked off, in the direction of the Chiss pilots? quarters.

Stunned by Jaina?s vehemence towards Shawnkyr, Jag said, ?Wait, Jaina, please.?

She was halfway down the corridor when she heard him speak. Fiery temper quelling momentarily, she asked, ?Why, Jag? If she has a problem with me then I need to speak to her about it?personally.?

?And what are you going to say? Jaina, I know you and Shawnkyr don't get along? just, don't take your anger out on her, okay? And we still need to talk.

Jaina nodded quickly, and then resumed her rapid pace towards Shawnkyr?s quarters.

-------

Another post. Hope you guys enjoy it!

KT

9. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    And it gets more suspenseful...

Jag is mad...:eek:

Interesting that Jaina is also angry. I can't wait to see what she has to say to Shawnkyr.

And despite his anger at Kyrn, he's still trying to protect her while also trying to placate his girlfriend. Poor guy, he's in a really awkward position.

Can't wait for more!

10. Thrawn3333

Thrawn3333 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    I'm suddenly seeing a lot of Shawnkyr fics, and it makes me happy!

Great fic! I can't wait to see where you do with it. As a J/S person, I can only hope that Jag comes to his senses...but Shawnkyr is any guise is always enjoyable. :)

11. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    ooo...Jag mad, Jaina mad, Shawnkyr jelous...[face_thinking] this is getting good.

12. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    Hmm? it's been a while since I've updated? I should have another post by this evening. :)

KT

13. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I like this.:) I personally am a Jag/Shawnkyr 'shipper. I think they are well matched and I think she does have more feellings for Jag than friendship; although, because of the Chiss dislike for other races I'm not sure it would ever go any where except in Fanfic. Unfortunatly, not unlike Kyp and Jaina who I think would be perfect together but I don't think Profic will ever put them together either.:(

FL @};-

14. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    Next post. :)

-------

Shawnkyr was sitting at her desk, going through her recent performance evaluations, when a quick, sharp knock came at the door.

It?s probably Jag, admitting I was right, she thought.

Kyrn opened the door, and to her great surprise, it was Jaina Solo standing there in front of her.

?J?Jaina?? Stunned for a second, Shawnkyr nearly forgot herself. ?Please, come in, have a seat.?

Jaina sat in the one small chair while Shawnkyr settled cross-legged onto her bunk.

?I need to speak to you,? Jaina said. Short and to the point, Shawnkyr thought.

?And here I am, Jaina Solo. I take it this is about Jag??

?That it is. You have a problem with Jag and I being together. I don?t like that.????Ms. Solo? ? Shawnkyr sorted her thoughts. ?You aren?t good for him. You hold him back. You?re a corrosive influence on his upbringin???
    Jaina, clearly getting angry, said, ?I?m not good for him? I?m a corrosive influence on him? Shawnkyr, I know he?s a great pilot ? probably the best alive today, but he?s not invincible. And what have I influenced him to do that you wouldn?t have?????Jaina? in the simulations I?ve been watching, when he?s flying by himself, he?s in the top half of a percent. When he?s flying with you, it drops to the top ten percent. And viewing battle footage, if you?re under fire, he often gives up one of his own targets to pick off whoever?s chasing you.?

?So?????So? Ms. Solo, please do not ?so?? me. We?re both Jag?s friends here, and I?m assuming we both have his best interests in mind. Am I not correct??

Jaina stewed over that, then realized something. Shawnkyr missed having Jag all to herself. She was jealous of Jaina.

Well, too bad, Jaina thought. Time to end this conversation.

?I know I do, Kyrn. But if you really had Jag?s best interests in mind, you?d leave him to me. Have a nice day.?

Jaina stood up, walked out the door, and headed for Jag, leaving Shawnkyr sitting on her bunk.

Shawnkyr, for her part, began to cry.

-------

KT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.