main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The_Jesstar, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Hey everyone,

I'm new to EU, just wondering if anyone has suggestions of a good book to start with, that wouldn't confuse me? I know the basics of EU, but wanna know more... Suggestions? Thoughts? Condemnations? :p

~Jess

2. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005
    What basics of the EU do you know?

Also, what attracts you to Star Wars? Who are your fav characters? With some focus, we could narrow down the stories for you. Do you prefer the prequel era, or the original trilogy era? Etc...

3. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    If you like the OT era and Han is a favorite character, you can't go wrong with THE HAN SOLO TRILOGY by A.C. Crispin, my absolute favorite EU book series. They chronicle Han's life from age 19 to 29, right up to his introduction in ANH. The books, in order, are "The Paradise Snare," "The Hutt Gambit" (my favorite of the three), and "Rebel Dawn". Awesome books!

Also, THE HAN SOLO ADVENTURES by Brian Daley, among the earliest of the EU. Stories aren't very deep, but they're fun little reads. In order, they are "Han Solo At Stars' End", "Han Solo's Revenge" (again, my favorite of the three), and "Han Solo and the Lost Legacy."

SHADOW'S OF THE EMPIRE, set between ESB and ROTJ, is also very good.

But these are all just my opinions. There are some who will tell you these books suck and should be avoided. But I very much recommend them. :)

4. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Actually, Han is a big fav, well, I love the whole Solo family, but did I hear correctly? Leia turns to the darkside? :_| No!!! Tell me I am incorrect..

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

5. DavBacca

DavBacca Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2002
    try this timeline of original publishing date, that makes the most sense

http://boards.theforce.net/Literature/b10003/19590206/?3

I'm new to EU myself I've read about 7 books and 3 of those were the Han Solo Trilogy by Crispin, pretty entertaining.

6. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Haven't heard that about Leia. If it was in a book from the last few years, then that's why, as I haven't read anything past 1998.

7. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    Leia never turns to the dark side. Luke kinda did in the comic series called Dark Empire.

8. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Ah, so thats where I heard it. Thanks for clearing that up for me! :)

9. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I made a sticky thread up the page just for you. Try there for some juicy selections. :p

10. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Just for me? Wow, thanks!

Actually, I just saw it before, after I posted this... teach me not to pay attention to stickys won't it!?

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Continue in the sticky thread, thanks ::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.