main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph (The) Suicide Squad

Discussion in 'Community' started by BigAl6ft6, Jul 13, 2015.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I just posted the two music videos on page ten. And no, Smith has no song in this film.

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I usually think of heroic characters when Will does a song for the movie. As Deadshot is not that, I think it's a smart move.

3. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I finally saw the trailer for Suicide Squad that made me understand it's just a remake of "The Dirty Dozen." Title should have given it away obviously, but I'm slow.

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Live version of Panic's Bohemian Rhapsody. Dig it, but I'm looking forward to hearing a "cleaner" sounding studio mix. I wonder if the song will make it into the actual movie or if it'll just play during the credits.

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Suicide Squad first appeared in 1959, eight years before The Dirty Dozen. So Dozen is the remake.

a star war and StarKiller81 like this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Mid-Credits Scene Confirmed For David Ayer's Suicide Squad; No Post-Credits Sequence

7. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    So how hard a PG-13 we'll get?

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It seemed to be pushing the PG-13 edge ala The Dark Knight. Couldn't tell ya about Ontario, Canada, though. It got a PG here (and Jason Bourne got a 14A, which is usually what US R-rated movies get. Our ratings are mostly either G, PG or 14A. A genuine R-rating up here is a rarity, although Deadpool got one even though it's actually kind of heartfelt. But Neon Demon got a 14A, along with Jason Bourne which gets a PG-13 in the US.) Rating are wacky and ultimately irrelevant if you ask me. This movie will contain people shooting other people and general violence.

Anyway, Smith hasn't done a "theme song" for a movie since, like Men in Black II. Which is a shame really cuz he's had some pretty catchy title tracks for flicks. Anyway, this is a good bit about Smith himself freaking out when he got to see the Batmoblie

9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    We should go back to the Golden Era of Will Smith doing the lead movie and then singing the lead song. Then they are both hits.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    To be fair, "Wild Wild West" is, by far, the best part of Wild Wild West...

The2ndQuest , hudzu and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    That film was terrible. But the Wild Wild West music video is more entertaining than any summer blockbuster released this year.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    kool moe dee wild wild west > will smith wild wild west

13. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    But that one doesn't have Sisqo.

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    true, but it has a part where kool moe dee just gives shoutouts to like 40 of his friends, which i know you must appreciate.

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Maybe Smith will do the song for the "MIB 23" (The 21 Jump Street / MIB crossver movie) if he isn't going to be in the movie as Agent J, it'd still be fun if he did as song or something. Unfortunately, most if not all of Smith's musical career seems to be way more geared towards his kids than himself lately. Probably doesn't wanna blow them out of the water.

16. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    QMAOFT

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    He can dance next to a CGI Jonah Hill.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  19. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Is that MIB 23 thing for real? Or just a terrible prank that won't die?

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

Legit! Which I'm totally okay with, the Jump Street series tossed realism out the window if not in the opening installment but definitely by the end of the 2nd movie (where they actually did do an MiB parody in the credits). And I don't think putting a wacky comedy duo into MiB is exactly going to sully the MiB legacy or anything. I straight up love the first MiB movie anyway but it's notions of reality and plausibility have always been elastic.

21. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    MIB is a great film series and I hope they don't allow those idiots anywhere near it.

22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  23. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    I'm looking at Metacritic, and it looks like DC struck out for the third consecutive time. Strange, when an assembly-line franchise (Marvel) garners more critical acclaim than a director-specific franchise (DC).

The onus now is on Patty Jenkins. Will she be their next Donner/Burton/Nolan?

24. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    hahaha the failures taste so delicious in my mouth

25. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    33% on RT

I guess they should just put out their reviews for Wonder Woman and Justice League as well since there's no need to wait.