main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph (The) Suicide Squad

Discussion in 'Community' started by BigAl6ft6, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Harley's reading a Harlequin Romance. Also, you can spot Ike Barinholtz (is that his name?) as a guard in the scene where they cut open a body bag, and Scott Eastwood gets a pretty prominent close-up. Is Enchantress' non-evil form playing with Rick Flagg's hair? Also, was that exposed muscle on the Joker rising from the ACE Chemicals vat?

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Can't tell if this actually looks good or if that was just a well made trailer.

ewoksimon, Gorefiend and dp4m like this.
  4. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    It looks better than Superman vs Batman.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    IDK about the film itself, but the characters definitely look better than those in BvS

6. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    This tone of the second trailer is totally different to the first one. Clearly, they're wanting something which competes with Deadpool, Star Trek Beyond, or Guardians Of The Galaxy. Ironically, I do mean that in a good way because the first trailer just looked forcefully mean spirited, dark, and creepy. This time around I get a much better sense of the film's personality and...dare I say it...it kind of looks fun?

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Yep, absolutely. Looks much, much better.

8. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Meh, why change it? Just the mutton chops looks way cooler :/ But him and Diablo are likely first to go anyway, since the poster makes it seem like they are not even main characters.

9. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    The trailer has my interest, but this is not the same world that MoS takes place in. There's no way, really. I feel like MoS is going to become the Hulk of this universe.

Gorefiend likes this.
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Welcome to "Why don't the Avengers show up at every event and deal with the events of X/Y/Z super hero?!?" DC Universe!

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    It's not even that. It's that the world according to MoS is entirely normal and there's no sign of anything weird going on and the arrival of Superman and the idea of someone with extra-normal abilities is entirely new and alien. Now, though, people like this have been around for a while. Wonder Woman came over on a steam ship, there's a giant lizard man terrorizing people for years, and a witch! An actual, fully magic witch!

Well, I mean that's exactly what they've been doing to MCU (inserting more and more people into the timeline pre Iron Man), too, it's just been more gradual.

Gorefiend likes this.
  12. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

As in Jessica Jones? ;)

The Ang Lee Hulk :p

13. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    JJ is actually the easiest to explain.

"Go away."

OH! maybe that is why Banner put a bullet in his mouth.

Head cannon'd.

Gorefiend likes this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Well, right, I made that complaint when we found out just Batman had been operating for about 30 years by the time of Man of Steel because you had all this crazy crap happening with super-villains and everything and yet people pretended like Superman was the first...

But that ship has sailed.

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Oh, I also made the complaint then.

I don't understand. Well, I do understand. More properties=More money. But if you really want to build a universe, and actually build it coherently, you should just start at the beginning and go from there.

Now MCU is adding Strange and that's going to include The Ancient One and wouldn't you know it magic has been around forever and then Iron Fist is coming and the Inhumans have been here forever. It's madness.

16. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

I meant it more in that Jessica Jones literally has this as premise, just like Daredevil. :)

They should just have ignored MOS completely, like DOJ it will likely drag down any potential their joined movie universe has, which is a really bad idea if it is meant to be the foundation.

17. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    OMG, this looks EPIC!! Oh for those who complain about the DCEU being too "dark and serious," I present to you " The Dirty Dozen with superpowers, set to Bohemian Rhapsody."

Oh and they accomplished the difficult feat of making Jai Courtney seem kind of charismatic/fun, well-done.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Let's hope the movie is good as the trailer.

19. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Agreed. The Dirty Dozen+superpowers and Queen music=take my money.

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    SS and BvS have my money. I will be seeing both. With that said, here's an awesome trailer, with fantastic music (Muse), that wasn't received very well in the box office and had a huge drop off after week 2. I predict the same for DC's lineup of films.

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The new Suicide Squad trailer felt like it had the same beats as the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer as it was scored by a 70s band and a criminal role call to introduce the characters followed by action sequences. Which seems to be working by alot of comments I've read online.

[​IMG]

I've been a huge Harley Quinn fan since she made her appearance on the The Batman Animated Series and I've been looking forward to a live action version of the character and therefore I'm going to be extra critical of the character (much like I was with the first couple of X-Men films). So, I'm disappointed that Margot Robbie doesn't do the TBAS Harley voice (by Arleen Sorkin), which is playful, child like and whimsical. To me, it's as iconic as the Joker's laugh. Robbie's Harley from the trailer, appears to be too slick and self aware, "we're bad guys." TBAS Harley, didn't her voices, but rather was misguided and had a good heart underneath it all, which is how she is in the New52 comics. In this Suicide Squad trailer, they're just making her crazy, which diminishes her endearing qualities. But, yeah, I know it's only the second trailer. And I hope I'm wrong about the character, but I just want the character to be done the way she is in TBAS.

22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Trailer breakdown video:

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

More like Superman is the first alien being with far more powers than anyone else. The idea of Batman, the Joker, Killer Croc and Wonder Woman isn't that far fetched. Plus, it depends on what kind of reputation Diana in the past. Was she as powerful as Superman? Was she as public?

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Or perhaps she was considered a myth nobody paid much heed to anymore?

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Odd how everyone is thinking this is going to be funny and quirky when it's directed by David "**** Happiness, Welcome to the Cold Reality of Your Miserable Rotten Existence" Ayer. Henceforth, I am very excited for this film. Sabotage is the most underrated/underappreciated film of 2014.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.