main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph (The) Suicide Squad

Discussion in 'Community' started by BigAl6ft6, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I think she looks creepy as **** in the trailers. Haven't seen her in any movies, so I can't comment on her acting abilities, but the look is dead on.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, i'm sure the humor won't feel shoehorned or out of place. catering to what they think audiences want on any given day while clearly having no idea what they're doing or an overall vision they're willing to stick by is probably not a great sign.

soitscometothis and SuperWatto like this.
  4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No Yay. No Yay.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, I'm all about dialing down the ridiculous pre-teen darkness of the Snyderverse, but I don't like the sound of that.

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Blah, isn't that sourced from the dude who swore up and down Force Awakens was opening with Luke's hand floating in space holding a lightsaber? Don't buy it.

I am hoping David Ayer made and R-rated movie, even though they supposedly shot a PG-13, but Ayer is a pretty dark guy which works for his stuff. Snyder's particularly bleak take maybe not so much but I'm thinking of this more as a David Ayer film.

7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    The deadpool punt

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You have to wonder if they're trying to go srs-evil on the DC villains, did they EVER read the comics these characters came from? Did they ever see the old cartoons? I mean yeah Batman himself can be dark and gloomy, but usually the villains are making light of his problems (hence why they're... villains). But if the trailer was the original extent of the Suicide Squad humor, why the heck make a Suicide Squad film to begin with?

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

The comics version of the villains are often as dark as Batman. Especially the Joker. As to making it in the first place, the point is to show a different point of view within the DCEU with the villains. Showing that not all of them are like Lex Luthor and the Joker. That some have a slight bit of nobility to them and maybe a willingness to make things right for themselves. And getting there before Marvel will.

10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah making this movie as the 2nd jump into the DC movie pool is basically also a move that undercuts if/when Marvel does their bad guy team movie, Thunderbolts. And they already cut off Marvel again by having a female led superhero movie, Wonder Woman, out before them.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

New trailer & brief glimpse of Harley with a big mallet :D.

12. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
  13. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    I always said this movie is gonna be better than BvS. I still believe it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I would have hoped that finally getting a positive reaction to their trailers with SS (particularly trailer 2) would have motivated them to do this more than DP but I can't help but think corporate DP reaction played some factor, unfortunately.

Beezer likes this.
  15. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Still can't help but feel that Jared Leto is just trying to do his best Heath Ledger impression.

Kerr_Plunk and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Fantastic trailer, I've liked all the trailer's I've seen so far outta this so I'm not surprised. None of the Batman v Superman trailers had this bit of pep to them, and the darker vibe seems to more easily fit this flick.

If Deadpool making a ton of money lets this movie be R-rated, I am totally okay with that. Heck, if Batman v Superman got an R-rating and they weren't even trying for that, I think Ayer probably ended up making an R-rated movie anyway but they can let it slide because, yay, Deadpool!

17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Kevin Smith, in the Fatman on Batman podcast (live from Detroit), explains WB is known for reshoots on all projects. So this is not actually news, that they reshot some SS.

Twelve3Feven likes this.
  18. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    As long as it's a 30%, it will be.

It looks okay. As good as the first trailer. I'm hopeful.

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Yeah, the trailers for this movie don't turn me totally off the way bvs did, so fingers crossed.

20. Twelve3Feven

Twelve3Feven Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2016
    I just don't get this reaction. I just thought they were trying to make it match the trailer more. What if you went to the movie expecting a comedy action film and it was all drama and action, with only the laughs in the trailer? Not to mention, reshoots aren't really news for WB as someone else stated. Actually alot of hollywood does it.

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Nobody's talking about the elephant in the room that I brought up pages and pages ago: the USER score keeps going down. And it only has under 200,000 user reviews, indicating -- perchance -- that people just don't want to review it to get it down even lower.

Even Watchmen has over 1,000,000 user reviews. Man of Steel only has just over 400,000. Either Zach Snyder just make people not want to review his Superman movies, or people just don't want to tell the truth... every time BvS goes up a few thousand, the percent drops...

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  22. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    The main reason people are reacting like that is that, if the rumor is true (and that's admittedly a big if), the reason for the reshoots is pumping up the humor in the movie. It's not hard to draw a line to both the success of Deadpool and the poor reception of Batman v. Superman's darkness.

Beezer likes this.
  23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Though, this last trailer was pretty humorous -- even in the character moments -- so not sure if this includes the reshoots or not.

24. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, I like it. Still, I stopped trusting trailers and considering them what they are (pretty ads that can be as misleading as any other ad) a long time ago.

But it looks good, sexualized Harley Quinn apart.

dp4m likes this.
  25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    What's the over/under on hearing the songs from the trailers in the actual film? Will it have that Guardians of the Galaxy feel (with both Bohemian Rhapsody and Ballroom Blitz being released 1974 and 1975 respectively) or will it feel hollow and empty like BvS?

According to IMDb, the music is being done by Steven Price who is known for LoTR, Scott Pilgrim, Batman Begins, and he won an Oscar for Gravity so musically the movie appears to be in good hands. I guess we'll see how the plot goes.