main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph (The) Suicide Squad

Discussion in 'Community' started by BigAl6ft6, Jul 13, 2015.

1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Weren't both of these songs previously used in Wayne's World? Will trailer 3 use Dream Weaver?

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Ha, we just listened to the Tia Carrere "Ballroom Blitz" last night after the trailer, since we like it so much.

3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    You guys!

Ender Sai and TiniTinyTony like this.
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Nice observation!

I also love the Tia Carrera version- wish it got radio play these days instead of the original.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Will Margot Robie be wearing a different wig during these reshoots?

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Only on Naboo.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I like the new trailer for Suicide Squad. I think there are more jokes in the film that was rumored to be. And it looks like a fun film.

And as I figured, with Batman being well received in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, the trailer featured more of the Batman than previous ones. However, there was one Bat-scene where it looked horribly CGI.

I thought it was another wonderful song selections to score the trailer. However, I don't think they'll all be in the movie.

8. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I'm still trying to figure Enchantress out, she's never been seen with the team... is she the villain? Isn't really being shown that villainous in the trailer...

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Some of the speculation online is the Enchantress is the villain with all the weird creatures and bright lights.

I'm actually glad that it's an unknown factor and the trailer didn't spoil that. I was kind of worried this trailer might spoil some plot points like Batman v. Superman did with the "Doomsday trailer." I was actually surprised they put out another trailer at this point considering it's a still a whiles away to August. But after thinking about it, it does make sense as WB/DC will want this trailer to play before Captain America: Civil War as it's pretty much the same target audience and there will be mass crowds to see Civil War.

10. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

Yeah I'm kind of the opposite... I like my trailers to be summaries of the movie. Normally I can predict a movie off the trailer, this one is keeping things vague unfortunately... Hopefully there will be some spoilers out before I see it.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Trailers shouldn't be Zemeckisian nightmare summaries- leaving some things vague and not spelling out the movie is generally more effective.

That said, for a movie centered around a team on a mission, it is somewhat awkward for them not to say what the actual mission is.

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, the actual mission could be a spoiler, much like Luke appearing in a TFA trailer.

I like how this most recent trailer shows the interactions between the squad members. They're going to be build team chemistry and have some character development in this movie, where you see the characters personalities come through rather than having them mope around the entire film like Superman in the prior two DC flicks.

My tickets are pretty much purchased for this film.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Luke was a mcguffin though, not a specific mission/the structure of the film. And TFA wasn't really a "mission" style film like SS.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'll disagree with you there. The Force Awakens opens with Poe's specific mission to obtain the map to Luke Skywalker. Revealing Luke in the trailer would have spoiled the results of the mission.

But, I'll agree that revealing the mission of the Suicide Squad probably won't spoil the film, as I'm sure that will be revealed in the first act of the movie.

15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    To be fair, did Guardians of the Galaxy ever really specify that team's mission? We just sort of got shots of all these outlaws being brought together against a common enemy. Same with this film so far. The mission seems to be hinted at but nothing confirmed. Sort of like how we never saw the infinity stone really mentioned in the trailers, but there were hints of it.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The mission is just a side thing though- the characters don't assemble with that mission in mind (outside of Poe's subplot), they just kinda end up having to do so. That's why the map is more of a macguffin. It's not the point of the movie, just what kicks things into motion.

With SS, the mission is the point of the movie.

And they wouldn't have had to show Luke just like they don't have to show the SS winning but the equivalent would be more a trailer mentioning the search for Skywalker.

I'm not sure that Guardians is a mission film either (though it's certainly closer than TFA)- it's mostly a macguffin bringing them together. The only mission is the end battle. The movie is mostly about the stuff going on before the battle.

17. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015

certainly seems completely antithetical to what Star Wars and Disney have done with their female leads in TFA and Rogue One. Looks like Suicide Squad isn't even taking a stab at the edginess early production pics hinted at. Just more standard old school sexist comic book fare. The most surprising thing about the trailer was how tired and conventional the whole thing looks.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, with the cast of characters in this film, I never really believed in the reports that all the humor in the film was featured in the first trailer. I mean, Harley Quinn alone should be good for a chuckle every two minute or so.

I think placing this movie in August was a good call. Not much competition and it's about the same time Guardian of Galaxy was released.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    After seeing the newest trailer with Batman in it, I now think SS is a great really original concept for a movie.

It's sort of like The Dirty Dozen, but if done right, it won't be overly serious or focused on humanizing many of the villains like DD did. (Well, maybe a couple of SS's villains can be humanized for variety.) Instead, SS can mostly just let the villains be villains, and villains are a lot of fun (if they let them be fun). Added to that is that the antagonist in this film seems to be Batman. So, you have a bunch of villains trying to achieve a heroic goal with a good guy trying to stop them, and then you have the opportunities for unexpected team-ups, betrayals, possible subversion of the original heroic goal, etc. All of this makes for a very cool idea that can go in unexpected directions (what a rarity these days!). I hope it works out.

I don't think re-shoots are necessarily an alarm bell. Sometimes re-shoots improve a film. Extreme case: Annie Hall was originally a 3-hr existential murder mystery. Allen's friends found it so convoluted that he just dumped the mystery part, focused on the relationship, and shot a few more scenes. That gave us the Annie Hall we know today.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I don't think Ledger mailed anybody used condoms.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah Leto's antics seem to be crossing from "method" to "harassment" the more one hears about it. The press tour ought to be interesting as they all have to sit on a couch and relate the wacky "gifts" he sent them as Leto just kinda chuckles.

23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
  24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    After Deadpool hit it big there was talk about SS going R but they pretty much denied that saying they shot for a PG-13 film. So it just means they hit the tone/content they were aiming for.

25. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    As well they should have. Think about this, guys.

1. Why would Will Smith be in a rated R movie?

2. Why would it be rated R when people are banding together to save the world? The film follows the story of the good guys.