1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Sydney (19th-21st June), Perth (26th-28th April)

Oz Comic Con: Melbourne (27th-28th June), Brisbane (19th-20th September)

FF:WA Summary of tonight's meet

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Mar 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    A meet for the Outer Rim WA starwars fanclub was held tonight. Here's a summary of tonight's meet for the benefit of those who weren't able to make it (based on the minutes from the meeting).
    The meet was attended by:
    soneil
    princess lego
    sith magician
    jedi nat
    jedi leia 21
    barbarjinks
    ethane
    loadeddog

The meeting began with a summary of what is required for a club constitution.
    The club positions were then reviewed and unanimously voted on. Those positions are:
    soneil - president
    soulkrusher - vice president
    princess lego - secretary
    sith magician - treasurer
    jedi leia 21 - travel co-ordinator

Bank account. The treasurer - Sith magician will make enquiries to find out what bank would be best for an account for the club.

Logo. A club logo that Soulkrusher designed was shown to all in attendance and unanimously accepted as the official club logo. Everyone was most impressed (well done SK). For those who would like to see it or comment on it, you can see it at http://www.burningforge.com.au/outer-rim/jawastamp1.gif

I will design a simple sample poster for everyone to review and comment on before we begin distribuing posters and flyers. Public library displays will be organised.

Content for the website was discussed. I'll sort out some of the website's finer points with SK and we'll endeavour to get it live in the next couple of weeks. I will enquire about getting a .org domain for the club. A current sample of a club website (minus graphics or colours) can be viewed at http://www.oneil.com.au/outer-rim

Possible supporters for the club were discussed, such as shops and organisations who have said that they will support the club in various ways.

Phone contacts and other contacts for the club were discussed. 2 members agreed to provide their phone numbers as contacts for people interested in Outer Rim. An Email address will also be set up for contact details. A PO Box was suggested.

Princess Lego will put together a membership form and will organise ways to record member details.

A club activity is being planned. Midnight to Dawn at Zone 3. Loadeddog will enquire about group bookings and will then begin a thread for us to decide on a date (probably about a month from now).

An annual club membership fee of $20 was settled on. The fees already collected will pay for the once off club registration fee with the department of fair trading, and the newspaper announcement that was also a requirement for club incorporation. The club will become officially incorporated in the next couple of weeks. Memership fees or any other contributions to the club are to be collected by the treasurer - sith magician. Those who have already contributed towards the registration or announcement are considered to have already paid their membership fee and don't need to pay again (until it's due again in a year's time).

jedi nat was appointed as the events co-ordinator. She will be responsible for ensuring that everyone is informed (by email or phone) of upcoming meetings and activities.

A lot of time was spent discussing furute activities for the club. These included
    fan films
    fan plays
    quiz nights
    social nights
    board games
    computer games
    book (EU) discussions
    costume making

We began planning for the next meet. It will be held on the 14th or 21st of April depending on whaich date the most people are free for. The date and location will be decided on these forums. Holding the next meet in a public place rather than a home was discussed.

Overall, it was certainly the most productive meet we've had. The discussion stayed focussed most of the time with a minimum of side-tracking and some good progress was made. Everyone made some great contributions, especially loadeddog who has a lot of experience in fan clubs. By the time we have our next meet, the club will be official, we will have posters and flyers going around, we will have a website, and we'll be ready for our Zone 3 night. We're still only just beginning, but it's going beyond the dream stage now. Thanks for all your support and idea
  2. Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Knight

star 3
    As an outsider(sort of) sounds like you guys did heaps--congrats to all and those elected into positions :)

**Going back to club lurking mode, just wanted to show support**:D
  3. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Lurk away but know this. We'll meet you in person some day. You can't escape the inevitable. Mwahahaha.

(Sorry - got a little carried away there!)

I forgot to mention 2 other attendees. My brother and his work partner turned up later on. There were a couple of strange looks when 2 on duty cops came walking in ;). His arrival meant that LD was't the oldest person there after-all!
  4. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Showing support aswell Good effort!!

It's been good seeing everything progress since this all began a couple of blue moons ago. All regions I mean.

BTW: great logo :D
  5. Ethane Jedi Padawan

Sorry this is so late getting posted, but I had to wait until I was pulled back in by the company's tractor beam.
    All in all, I just wanted to thank all who were at the meet for making me ( a newcomer) so welcome. Big thanks to Soneil and Princess Lego for the use of their house as venue and also to everyone else for chipping in for the pizza (I was starving)
    Just wanted to post and say these things, hope its not too cornball.

Ethane
  6. Loadeddog Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh the irony of it all
    A Travel Co-ordinator who needs to get a lift to the meets
    An Events Co-ordinator who has to be reminded that meets are on
    What next , a treasurer who can?t count ?

Sith, please tell me you can count
  7. JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    that's ok ethane , that wasn't too cornball , and to my defence to LD's post , well i have no defence but as u all know griz wasn't there and he usually gives me a lift to the meets . :p

8. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i'm glad someone came up with my new position, as the President forgot to mention it!!!
  9. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I did mention it, just not in the same section as the other positions. Since your position was a new one it was discussed much later in the meeting. Don't feel neglected. ;)
  10. Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Knight

star 3
    Soneil did mention it-heck even I saw it Nat.
    **back to lurk mode-you will get me to attend maybe someday ;) **
  11. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Zone 3 then. I'll give you a good whipping because you shoot like a stormtrooper. ;)
  12. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm glad everyone enjoyed the night and you got a lot sorted out. I was rather ill, and was for the past few days before that, but I'm back fighting fit now.

Hmm, it must have been something Spider gave me. ;)
  13. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    JN puts her glasses on and reads the message again...

... ah, there it is!

Sorry for the confusion guys, I've been skim reading again. It gets like that when people write too much!
  14. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    LD, as I've told a few ppl, there are three types of ppl in this world, those who can count, and those who can't...
  15. Ethane Jedi Padawan

and here I thought that no-one could be as precise as a stormtrooper! (Obi-Wan said it! not me!)
  16. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.