main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Summer 2005 Movie Thread: Discussion and Recommendations

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Wildstar02301, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I'm very particular about the movies I watch in the cinema. This summer I've seen, Revenge of the Sith, War of the Worlds and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. All three were amazing, as expected.

Unless friends drag me to other movies, those are the only three I plan to see.

-Seldon

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I really want to see Batman Begins and Willy Wonka in the theater along with ROTS again. Unfortunately with the new youngling, it leaves very little "us" time for my wife and I to sneak out of the house together.

3. Jedimapper

Jedimapper Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2005
    I realise you just had one that I missed, but yes I do hope to make it to a meet soon and hopefully join in on a group visit to the Museum of Science when the new exhibit opens.

mg

4. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    The Museum of Science exhibit will likely be the October meet, so that should be something to look forward to. :D

5. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Batman was pretty good. I really liked it. I thought it did a better job than the previous movies did. I also liked the Longest Yard with Sandler and Rock. I laughed my butt off through most of the movie. Chris Rock is one funny guy teamed up with Sandler it was very funny. Plus I also liked seeing former wrestlers Goldberg, Nash, and Stone Cold Steve Austin as well. Goldberg must have felt at home back in the pads since he played for the Falcons a while back as well as the World League.

I want to see Willy Wonka, F4, V for Vandetta, and maybe the Dukes. I am interested to see how they do it. I was a big Dukes fan when I was a kid. It took the place of SW for a while believe it or not. lol Not sure if I like a blonde Daisy or not. lol

6. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am buying my tickets this weekend for the premiere of the Museum exhibit. Members get $3 tickets and a sneak preview the Sunday before it opens Oct 23. I have been getting tons of flyers and stuff about it. Looks to be interesting.

7. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    That exhibit sounds like fun! :)

8. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I think it should be pretty cool. It will be interesting to see and since it is the world premiere I am sure opening day and weekend will be full of fun things.

Here is a link to the site that gives more info in case you haven't seen it already:
    starwars.mos.org.

9. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    I will be WORKING THE EVENT in costume.... with either the REBEL LEGION or NEG 501st .

10. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    That is cool. I may have to keep an eye out for ya.

11. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    dex,

2. then again, there are no martian alien invasion forces on Earth right now =).

darthwormie,

DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! you are NOT missing anything at all. if you missed star wars we'd really be worrying, i bet some of us would've babysat for ya even. but everything else, rent it. batman was over-rated. charlie can be enjoyed just as nicely @home.

and yesh, V4V looks awesome. has anyone read V for Vendetta? i just read it recently and the comic book was awesome. very literary.

i would have gone to the island... but no time cause of school. the next thing i wanna see is V4V and KK (King Kong).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.