1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

RPR Archive Summer 2007 Role Playing Forum Awards: Winners Announced!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by NaboosPrincess, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Summer 2007 Role Playing Forum Awards

Welcome to the Summer 2007 RPF Awards! Please be sure to review the entire post (even if you?ve done this before) to ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible!
    Purpose of the Awards
    Our role playing forums are very special ? unique in their quality and community. We come here to play, but also to work. It?s not easy to build a successful game or navigate through the galaxy with a character. It?s especially challenging now, with three distinct forums dedicated to different aspects of role playing. Many of you dedicate significant amounts of your free time to make this place the best it can be.

These awards have been established in recognition of the extraordinary efforts of you ? our users. The VIPships and publicity awarded to winners are meant to serve as both a reward for a job well done and a way to increase visibility. It is hoped that others will learn from their example, and that they will continue to serve as leaders of these role playing forums.

How it works
    Awards are held four times per year, in April (Spring), July (Summer), October (Autumn) and January (Winter).

The four categories for awards are:
    Best GM
    Best Roleplayer
    Best RPG
    Best New RPG

New RPGs are defined as any active game less than three (3) months old. RPGs must be active (no locked threads may be nominated)

Voting will consist of two rounds:

Round 1:
    • Lasts for five (5) days

• A time to nominate any active RPG or player

• Once a thread/player has been nominated once, please refrain from nominating them again (one nomination is sufficient to save a spot on the ballot)

• Users may not nominate themselves for awards

• All users may make a total of two (2) nominations per category

Any RPG that wins an award becomes ineligible for next season's awards, to ensure fairness and variety. Any players who win awards will be ineligible until the next year.

Round 2
    • Begins immediately after the results of Round 1 are posted

• A list of all the nominees will be compiled for members to pursue

• You then have seven (7) days to PM your votes from the choices to the host

• Users have the option of voting for up to three (3) people in the Best RPer and best GM categories, and up to two (2) games in the Games categories

• Campaigning (ie, soliciting votes and/or nominations) at any time during the awards, in any thread, in any forum, is absolutely not allowed!

The winners will be announced at the end of Round 2.

Prizes
    As always, the part you've all been waiting for.

The winning GM and Roleplayer will each be awarded VIPship (with the ability to choose custom colors) for one week. In addition, they will earn a place in the "RPF Hall of Fame" in the Community Center. The winning RPGs will receive a special place in the introductory sticky thread, as well as the right to the title of "Best RPG," until the next season's winners are announced.

The "RPF Stars" Awards
    Winners of the RPF Stars Awards will not receive titles or colors, but are encouraged to place their titles in their sig or bio. The idea behind these awards is to provide recognition for exemplary members of our community who stand out in interesting and innovative ways. There are no nominations for the RPF Stars. Rather, users will be asked to vote for the awards when they cast their votes for Best RPer/GM/etc. The full list of categories will be posted with the list of nominees in five days, but may include things like: Funniest RPer, Most Active RPer, Best Original Character, etc. Start thinking about users you might like to vote for!/>/>/>/>

The awards are administrated by the forum moderato/>/>/>/>
  2. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Best GM - Saintheart
    Best Roleplayer - Zedd-Vega
    Best New RPG[/b - Hitman: The Game
  3. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    Best New RPG: Cowboy Bebop
  4. SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Best RPG (SW)
    System Lords IV

Best New RPG (NSW)
    Legio Angelus: Far From Heaven
  5. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    Best GM: Saintheart
    Best Roleplayer: sword_of_raditz
    Best New RPG: Hitman: The Game
  6. TheSithGirly Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Best GM - Sinrebirth

His 128aby is incredible, providing many interesting stories, forged into one portrait of the StarWars era, leading to a conclusive and dramatic end while leaving room for all to develop their own ideas.

Best Roleplayer - DarkLordoftheFins

His depth in character, development and creativity is inspiration to many players on 128aby. His Eydan Skorne is still one of the scariest baddies around. But besides this he has done a funny Yoda-look-alike (Yorrel - Fool´s Gamble), a hideous bounty hunter with a great death scene (Venda Ra, also 128aby) and has been part of character developments of different other players. A great and skilled player in all aspects. I can´t wait to see him as GM soon.

Best RPG - my favourites are all blocked

Best New RPG - already nominated

7. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    Best GM - GreyJedi125, R_Zion

Best Roleplayer - Nicklityouaflame: I like his post style. Usually short posts don't give you much and they make you think that there's not much, but his posts give you more depth then anyone would expect. His characters, though plentiful, are always original. He could join a game where everyone is the same, yet somehow he would still stand out.

Best SW RPG - Legacy: Fool's Gamble: The players in this can tell you how original the game is. In the world of star wars, things can be repeated over and over again, yet this game breaks the mold on what you would expect of a normal Star Wars games.

Best NSW RPG - Already has been nominated

Beast[face_peace]
  8. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Best Roleplayer - Penguinator-176
  9. Jango10 Force Ghost

star 5
    Best New RPG (SW): Elite Aces: Shattered Skies - I really haven't seen an RP like this in a while.

Best RPG (NSW): Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
  10. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh boy! The Summer RPF Awards!

I'll be back later to post my nominations.
  11. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Best Roleplayer - TheSithGirly
  12. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    Best RPer

Sith-I-5 (for keeping everything fun and interesting)
    JANGOANTILLES (for managing to stick with it through the worst times)
    DarthSubZero (for his dedication)
  13. TheAdmiral Force Ghost

star 4
    I see that my nominees for best RPG and best GM are in the list that we should avoid to nominate I'll refrain to vote for the other categories. So only for Best Roleplayer: LadyZaraMarta
  14. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    Yes, there are repeats. New names are in blue. I nom those who deserve it...

Sorry NP! :p

-I_H

Best GM: Saintheart and GreyJedi
    Best Roleplayer: Saintheart and Ktala
    Best RPG: Legio Angelus: Far From Heaven /// System Lords IV: Twilight
    Best New RPG: Feather in the Foxhole: A Harry Potter RPG /// War of the Sith Part IV: The Invasion of the Cha'ala/>
  15. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Dammit, half my choices are precluded. :D

Best GM: GreyJedi
    Best Roleplayer: Tied between Ktala and TheSithGirly
    Best RPG: Legacy: Fool's Gamble
    Best new RPG: Feather in the Foxhole
  16. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Best Roleplayer: Ominous
  17. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

star 4
    Best GM: Saintheart ( You know this to be true!!) :p
    Best Roleplayer: Ktala, Blubeast1237 ( good to see new talent!) :D
  18. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    other Best Roleplayer: LeiaHair
  19. ArgenPalos Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_thinking]

A couple of posters I was thinking about nominating have already been nominated but two still remain who have yet to be nominated and are deserving:

BEST ROLEPLAYER:

master_of_les_pauls

and

RogueAce7
  20. MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Youngling

star 4

Best Roleplayer - Sith-I-5

M-O-E
  21. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    Best GM: Sinrebirth
    Best Roleplayer: Greyjedi125 for all the action, LightWarden, because even I can appreciate all that planning ahead. :p

No other picks- the ones I'd have chosen are ineligible.
  22. LeiaHair Jedi Master

star 4
    For best RPer:
    -HanSolo29: For the best RPing as Han Solo (And amazing, well written posts as well) that I've seen in these here parts! My hat is off to you!
    -JEDI_TEEGIRLOO: For well written, thought out posts in Harry Potter: Feather in a Foxhole. Her character has a constant characterization and her posts are skillfully written and never too wordy!

The rest of my nominations have previously been nominated.

Congrats to all nomintated parties! And good luck!
  23. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    Best RPG: Both nominated or unavailable

Best GM: Sinrebirth, LordTroepfchen

Best Roleplayer: (some great player´s around, but the only one I am missing here is) sprintabm

Best New RPG: -
  24. Sirius_Scott Jedi Knight

star 3
    So, I guess its up to me this time around...

Best RPG: The Jedi Outcasts

Wouldn't be a proper awards cycle if they weren't nominated, now would it? The current arc is engaging and well played.

Best RPer: PulsarSkate

Jess has been absolutely genius over the last few months, juggling her characters, someone else's character, and more NPCs
    than you could shake a stick at. Each and everyone of them has been well defined and absolutely fantastic. Her posts add
    to the overall arc and give it a depth that makes the overall game that much more fulfilling.

25. Sith_Lords Force Ghost

star 4
    Best RPer

Either FanFicFan or Ewok_Jedi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.