main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards *** Summer Awards Overseer Chosen***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Healer_Leona , May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    It's that time of year again. Spring is nearly sprung, trees are budding, the grass is getting green and a young writer's fancy is turning toward... the 2006 Summer Fanfiction Awards.

Our first order of business is to look for the Overseer of this edition and we're looking for volunteers who would be willing to give their time and effort ( both considerable) in organizing the entire event as the Awards Overseer. (With the help numerous volunteers as well )

If you think you may be interested this is the place to throw your hat in the ring.

While the idea of colors for the duration of the awards may be too hard to resist, remember;

It does take considerable time and committment and the Overseer is not allowed to have any fics nominated in any three of the eras nor are they allowed to nom or vote for fics.

The Overseer must organized and have the ability to organize all the other folks as well if need be.

From those that volunteer in this thread, the mods will choose the 2006 Summer Fanfic Awards overseer.

We will keep this thread open for 10 days, until May 15th. At that time will look at all those who volunteer and will make a decision.

The following users have expressed an interest in the position of 2006 Summer Awards Overseer

Layren
    DarthIshtar
    RK_Striker_JK_5
    Dev_Binks
    BigFatty
    KrystalBlaze
    NYCitygurl

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I can't believe it's Awards time already. It seemed like we just finished the last ones. Well I'll toss my hat in the ring for overseer along with whatever else is needed to be done. :)

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm willing to help in any way possible.

4. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Thanks lady's. While it's fantastic to get volunteer's for all the areas, what we need to start off with is those specifically interested in being overseer.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I am interested in that.

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I am interested in helping out this year-as always.

7. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Thanks for putting this up so soon Leona! :)

8. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Thanks Jaya.

Remember we'd love to hear who's interested in being 2006 Summer Awards Overseer.

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, I think I'm the only one who's definitely expressed interest in that and we know there are wonderful people out there who could do it, too.

10. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Layren did too. Right before you did. ;)

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ah, when we first posted, she didn't get that specific.

12. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I realized right after I posted that my post wasn't clear in what I meant, so I edited it last night to make sure there would be no confusion and pm'ed Leona to make sure we were all on the same page :)

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    So far those that have expressed interest in being 2006 Summer Awards Overseer are;

Layren
    Darth_Ishtar
    RK_Striker_JK_5

Please note I've also added that along with not being able to have any fics nommed for an award, they are not allowed to nom or vote at all.

Sorry, didn't mean to forget such an important part. [face_blush]

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm fine with that.

15. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    I'll offer to do it. Or if I don't get it, to help in anyway possible.

16. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    If there is anyone with questions as to how things were done last time, or questions on the role and obligations of the Overseer, the 2006 Winter Awards Overseer, JediJainaSoloFel , has consented to answer questions, whether posted in this thread or PM'd to her.

I'll edit the first post to include the names of all those who volunteer for Overseer.

17. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    I talked with JJSF and think I have the qualities needed for this position. I haven't worked ont eh Awards yet, but I have worked on other things here on the boards and in RL that make me feel qualified.

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I was interested because I had experience organizing and running the angst awards and feel that I could take that to a higher level. JJSF had a very good explanation of the duties and skills needed.

19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I've added BigFatty to the list.

20. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I've hosted one before, so I have some experience. I'm putting my name in the ring right now, but it depends on how my summer works out, but I'm interested for now.

-Krystal

21. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'd like to volunteer to be overseer as well. I haven't hosted anything yet, but I'm pretty unbiased and wasn't sure I knew enough fics that I could nom anyway. And I certainly don't mind not being nommed. I've worked on several Indexes (or is it indicies?) in FanFic, so I've got some experiences with organizing things around here, and I'm online a lot during the summer so I would have plenty of time.

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    KrystalBlaze, we will need to know you'll be able give it your committment by the time we make a decision.

NYCitygurl, I'm not sure how much your sexperiences might help you here? o_O ;) :p Don't you just love typos? [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I've added both names to the list in the first post.

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Indeed, while I admire NYCitygurl, I think this should be a family-friendly awards. ;)

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Yes, I'm quite sure THOSE awards are on ANOTHER board! [face_batting]

25. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Luna? Did somebody call for me? [face_thinking] ... I'm family friendly... *confused*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.