main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Summer Events and planning-Picnic and Hike

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Alakin_Marshwalker, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    I'll be there.

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    SCORE! Thanks Alakin!

I'll be sending emails this evening. Any items for the agenda: please post here.

Already on the agenda: Logo discussion, cross-chapter events, costumed DVD release appearances, changes in the modding of the Candian forums.

*Derisa*

3. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Anyone interested in checking out the egyptian display at the Royal BC Museum. I will do the research if I get enough interest.

4. C4-One25

C4-One25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    In for the Egypt thingie...you know where I live Alakin :p

Now...how about a summarry of the meeting for those of us who were unable to attend.

5. C4-One25

Apr 11, 2003
    Hello?????...anyone home???? wondering what is up!

6. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    I can't believe the lack of interestI'm gentting, in getting into a costume and having some fun in Sept. I've contacted everyone in the local area and put up messages on over a half dozen boards. Maybe I'm just impatient it is 2 months away, guess I just don't wanna have a flop! Anyway I threw a few pics and vids together into my laptop and will be canvasing merchants next weekend for interest. Hope they are more receiving than the fans.

Anyway thx for letting me vent.

Randy

7. C4-One25

Apr 11, 2003
    well, TR0773, i can appreciate your concern over the lack of interest in the costuming, but I really think that you might want to start another thread solely for this event with which you are so concerned.

Personally, I'm still wanting to find out what in **** went on at the business meeting......

8. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    C4, Alakin did tell you Derisa's on vacation, didn't he? It appears she didn't get the minutes up before she had to leave, so the earliest that's going to happen will be after she gets back on Monday.

TK, sorry to hear you're frustrated about interest in the DVD release. At least you have us, though. ;)

This is the first opportunity I've had to access the internet while we've been away, but it's nice to be able to touch base, however briefly. Thanks for behaving for Crazy Mike while I've been gone, and hope the weather back there has been as great for you as it has been for us down here in Olympia!

Hugs,

- Rani

9. C4-One25

Apr 11, 2003
    I hope you're both Enjoying your time out of Victoria.
    You mentioned to me that you were leaving, but I had hoped to see something before you left. I'm rather impatient and oversubcribed, so I had wished to see some details posted so I could prepare myself for any upcoming events by getting the appropriate days/weeks/nights off.

I guess I'll just have to miss whatever comes up in the next month.

10. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Meeting minutes: sorry about the long pause, C4 and the others. Vacation intervened: I did bring the meeting's minutes with me, in the case that I had a relaible internet connection, but I am so unused to typing on a laptop that my hands were cramping within five minutes. :(

Anywho, we're home now, and here are the meinutes of that meeting. Please feel free to add anything I may have missed. :) Thanks for your patience.

*Derisa*

Meeting held [b]July 11, 2004[/b]. In attendance:[b] Rani Veko (+ Mr. Veko, Veko Jr.); Alakin Marshwalker; Sionnach Dearg; TR0773; Derisa Ollamhin[/b]. The meeting started a bit late due to Rani and Derisa leaving late, at 1330 hrs.

As the first item of business, [b][color=blue]Rani[/color][/b] explained some of the [b]changes in the moderation[/b] of the Canadian forums, and informed the club about the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10636][b]new Western Regional forum[/b][/link] and its intended uses. She made herself available for questions later.

There was some discussion of [b]logos and icons[/b]: [color=blue][b]Rani[/b][/color] has been at work on an icon which she will be posting in a discussion topic when she gets to a posting point with her graphic. We also have the option of using/modifying the logos [b]graphicfire[/b] designed for the FF contest, as he is willing to modify them to our specifications, if we can agree which ones we like best. This would be for our use in flyers and t-shirts and the like, as well as perhaps a centre point of the banner? Many thanks to [b]graphicfire[/b] for his work and his willingness to alter his designs to suit. There is a [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Victoria,_BC/b10353/15487142/][b]dedicated thread[/b][/link] to discuss logos: please use it.

That segued us nicely into a discussion of [b]the banner[/b] ideas that [color=blue][b]Indigo Jade[/b][/color] has tossed our way in recent days. When he has something to base opinions on, he'll be posting a thread here with links for us to look at and hone and refine. [b]Alakin[/b] wondered if we might not want to wiat till the DVDs are out, since screen caps of those images will be much clearer for the digital format: we can use the current imagery to design the final banner and just take caps once the DVDs have been released and Indy has time to make them. It is something to be discussed with our banner designer.

[b]Past Events[/b] report: We held a few [b]games nights[/b] in the spring, hosted variously by Derisa and Rani, and attended by Alakin, C4 and Vadi; a [b]fan film viewing night[/b] hosted by Rani, which became more of a social evening, attended by Derisa, C4 and Alakin; a spur of the moment [b]dinner party[/b], hosted by Rani, and attended by Derisa, Alakin and Fletcher; and the [b]Canada Day DragBall game[/b], attended by Rani, Derisa, Paul, and Alakin. Fun was had by all.

[b]TR0773[/b] then briefed us on the [b]DVD release event[/b] ideas he'd had to date. We have several options: the release date is a Tuesday, so we could do a day event at a local mall/retailer: Randy will be looking into locations and contacting the management of our various options. Also we discussed doing a second event on the weekend following the release, and possibly hosting some members of [color=darkblue][b]Tipoca City[/b][/color] for the activity, and then a subsequent [b]viewing party[/b]. This is still in the planning stages: there is a [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Western_Canada_Regional_Forum/b10636/16447430/][b]relevant thread[/b][/link] on the Western Canada Regional forum.

It was decided that we needed a [b]costuming meeting[/b], to be hosted by [b]Sionnach[/b] in early August at the latest: anyone interested in building a costume for the DVD release event(s) should come with some ideas of what they want, and any materials they have to build said costumes. She'll be posting the discussion and planning thread for that soon.

There has been much planning of [b]cross chapter events[/b] as well, to encourage us as fans to meet the mandate of FanForce as a

11. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    So, the picnic and hike and swim will be happening this Monday, August 2 at Thetis Lake. Rani will be deaprting Chez Veko with a Falcon-full at 1000 hrs: anyone wanting to add a passenger to that should PM her soonest. Otherwise, we will meet at the lake no later than 1030hrs.

Bring a picnic lunch, swimsuits and towels, beach toys, soccer ball, sunscreen, et cetera, and don't forget good walking shoes for a hike along the lake trails.

Once again, I'll be happy to bake a cake and / or cookies for mutual enjoyment.

After we've all exhausted ourselves at the lake, perhaps a DVD viewing is in order? Anyone wanna host and / or co-ordinate that?

*Derisa*

12. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    *sigh* and once again I will be away. Sorry all, but I've already agreed to head up to the cabin for the long weekend, and am expecting to come home some time monday evening but not sure when.

besides, I might still be contagious!

13. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    We'll miss you Sionnach, and C4, too, as he'll be up Island with his daughter. Is anyone else interested in coming?

*Derisa*

14. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Cancelled due to illness.

15. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Sionnach, Hope you are back soon and had a good trip to Gambier!

As soon as you are able to log on and post it, we need a date and details for the costuming meeting/workshop at your place! :)

Thanks,

*Derisa*

16. DARKSIDE-DAVE

DARKSIDE-DAVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2004

Hello,
    I am still very new to this system so I hope I came to the right section to find out where we can all meet for a meeting and talk about the SAGA!

Everyone seems so cool and outgoing on these forums. If I am in the wrong section for this info could someone please let me know? I guess I am still a major PADAWAN LEARNER in this!

Thanks all!

17. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    You came to the right place, Dave!

Our last planned activity, a trip to Thetis Lake for beach fun and swimming was postponed due to illness, but will be rescheduled for sometime this month.

We're currently waiting for one of our members to schedule a costuming meeting, so keep your eyes out for that if you're interested.

Also, _Derisa_Ollamhin_ has expressed some interest in scheduling a 5-pin bowling activity at the Town and Country Bowling Lanes sometime in the next two weeks. She'll likely post a thread in the next day or two about it, asking who is interested and what time is best for each of us.

If you have any questions about the group or suggestions for an activity, don't be shy about posting them here or even starting a new thread!

Great to have you join us!

- Rani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.