main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Summer Film Previews

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by EDKRIEG, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDKRIEG

EDKRIEG Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Premiere Magazine and the New Entertainment Weekly-a Double Issue have previews of the new films this summer.Which one are you going to DEFINETLY see?The EW has an interesting article on Narnia films.I will see the Superman film for sure but not sure about Pirates of the Carribean or MI 3.Comments?The EW has Tom Hanks on cover.Sorry if I posted the thread here but the Summer films are coming.

2. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I will definitely see M:I III, X3, Superman Returns, Dead Man's Chest and Cars. Beyond that, I'm not sure yet.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    The only film I'm interested in at this point is Superman Returns (and I'll probably be toting my nephew to see it. Anything beyond that I'm not even remotely interested in at this point in time. ESPECIALLY NOT MI 3!

4. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I don't know, that MI:3 comercial on Alias last night made it look pretty hawt.

I'll have to see when it comes up.

Definatly Superman but I don't know what past that.

5. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    The only one I really care to see is Dead Man's Chest, it's gonna rock!

6. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    Even if you don't like Cruise, M:I III has a lot going for it. J.J Abrams is the director, Laurence Fishburne and Philip Seymour Hoffman are in it and the action scenes look pretty cool.

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    my top movies to see are X3, Superman Returns, and POTC 2. i'll probably see Mission Impossible 3 but it's not at the top

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Both of the prior M:I movies have been great and they've been, get this, different. A sequel that isn't just a clone of the first one? Crazy talk, man. I'll catch III on DVD.

And I just saw the teaser trailer for Superman Returns. Looks awesome.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    The films I'm looking the most forward to are

X-Men 3
    The DaVinci Code
    POTC 2

For the most part - those films will only get money - unless it's too freaking hot and I need to escape into a cool theater :p

"I'm a weirdo" Tom Cruise will never see a penny of my money again.

10. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I do want to see M:i:III because of J.J. Abrams' involvement. I saw a preview the other night and I had the impression that this film will be ALIAS quality...at least in terms of plot. Perhaps the acting will be subpar--it is Cruise; however, I have great faith in J.J. and I am excited to see this film.

The Da Vinci Code just because I enjoyed the novel.

Superman Returns. Good Heavens, I am excited about this film. For some reason, seeing Superman on the big screen, something I never was able to see when I was a kid, will be fantastic. Plus, I like Bryan Singer's work with the X-men films and The Usual Suspects. I am all over this film.

I'll see X3 but only because it's the end of a trilogy.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm old school, saw the original films in the theater and to me, Christopher Reeve is the ONLY Superman. I know the FX will rock in the new film, etc, but I won't fall all over myself to go see it. If a group of people want to go, I'll go, but it's not really on my list.

12. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I completely understand your loyalty to the Reeves iteration of Clark/Kal. For me, this will be the first Superman film I'll get to see on the big screen. Had I seen Superman I and II, I'd probably be in the same boat as you.

:)

13. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    it's not a great year for films :(

14. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    It hasn't been good so far, that's for sure. I'll probably see all the big ones this summer that get reasonably good buzz.

15. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I really think its going to be though.

There hasn't been a lot that I've been super hyped for ala ROTS but there looks like there could be a few sleepers this year that will really impress.

16. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    I saw M:i:III tonight. Best post-modern spy movie ever made, and this is coming from someone who was a bit skeptical about it when the first trailer hit. Let's say it wasn't very high on my most anticipated of this Summer, now I think it will be hard to top. It made the other M:I movies feel so . . . small and mundane.

This is definitely a theater experience though. A lot would be lost on DVD. The audience was ELECTRIC. I wrote a review in the YJCC.

Lady in the Water, The Da Vinci Code, Superman Returns, Cars, and Pirates 2 are all ones that I'm looking forward to as well.

17. jediDaria

jediDaria Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2006
    I wanna see X3.

I'v never been a big fan of Superman, but the movie looks good. And it's being directed by Bryn Singer, isn't it? (he directed the first two X-Men movies.)

The next Pirates looks good, and Philp Semyor Hoffman in MI:3?

But what I'm waitig for is Clerks 2. That is going to be awesome:cool:

18. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    Defenitely: M:I:III (who cares what Tom thinks? honestly both my parents hate him:rolleyes: ), Da Vinci Code (great fiction book), Pirates 2, and Superman Returns.

Skip to DVD: X3, Cars

19. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    The movie I want to see the most this summer is by far PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN DEAD MAN'S CHEST.

I also want to see SUPERMAN RETURNS, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE III, OVER THE HEDGE and CARS.

20. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    Geez, we're only now getting to May. It's a little early for that kind of talk.

21. Only_Wan_Kenobi

Only_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    Im gonna see Superman returns and MI3[face_plain] Last movie I saw at the big screen was either ROTS or batman begins. Where is the next big thing? They dont make movies like they used to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.