main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Summer Films

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    There's a lot of big blockbuster summer films coming out this year. So, we can use this thread for people to discuss when and where they're going.

X2 is coming out in a couple of weeks. And The Matrix Reloaded soon after that. I'm probably gonna see these two at Muvico at Arundel Mills, a midnight showing if it's offered.

2. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey Mogook,

Here's a list of some of the blockbusters for the summer with release dates:

Bruce Almighty: May 23. Jim Carrey plays God.

X-Men 2: May 2

The Matrix-Reloaded: May 15

2 Fast 2 Furious (Fast & Furious 2): June 6

Dumb and Dumberer: June 13. Please tell me NO ONE wants to see this?

Freddy vs. Jason: June 13

The Hulk: June 20

Charlie's Angels 2-Full Throttle: June 27

T3-Rise of the Machines: July 2

Pirates of the Caribbean: July 9

Tomb Raider-The Cradle of Life: July 25

The Matrix-Revolutions: November 7

3. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to a lot of those. And no, Dumb and Dumberer is not one of them.

4. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I'm up for the midnight showings. That way you can enjoy the movie and not have to worry about kids yelling and screaming through the movie.

I usually go to the muvico on early Saturday showings. There is hardly anyone there for the 9:00 A.M. shows. Probably because they all went on Friday night and sleep on Saturday. When I last saw a show there on Sat(LOTR TTT), there was hardly enough people to fill the theater, but when we walked out at about 11:00 A.M., the place was packed! So the earliest on Sat or Sun is the best time to go.

5. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I wouldn't mind getting together to see a film or two with jall. I have never seen X-men one or Matrix one, however. Would I have to rent these and watch them in the planetarium before seeing the second of these? :confused: I am actually not looking forward to seeing any of these, but I think I might like the X-men movie since I read the novelization of the first movie and really liked it. I will be meeting George Miller who is associated with the Matrix films and used to work with ILM, so I might be curious to see it, but the rest of the list, I might only go, just to hang with jall. :)

6. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    YEs, it is highly suggested that you view both the Matrix and X-Men before seeing X-Men 2 or Matrix: Reloaded/Revolutions.

7. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Speaking of summer films. Anybody interested in doing an IMAX of the new 3D Titanic movie at the Maryland Science Center? I figured maybe we could go in with the DC group. If we get a group of 20 or more, we get a whole $.50 discount. Woopie, or should I say "Yipee"! [face_laugh] I wrote Mutt and Derth (remember Derth? Whipped Cream? How could anyone forget her? :confused: )and Derth already answered that she would be interested if we could get a group together and could decide on a date. I know it was easier & quicker for Lucas to film AOTC then it is for Maryland Fan Force to decide on a date and then do something. But heck would jall try and get a summer list of things to do, like a calendar? Please? Go here for more details. Let's not make it like the Space Station 3D where I ended up going with Mutt. He isn't even a fun date, but at least I did get him to go to Vicki's with me, but I had to promise to go with him to check out the new Playboy at Barnes & Noble. Sheesh. I digress. Anyway, let's all do something soon? 'Kay? Orangeful, I took my AOTC lunchbox to school today. Thanks for helping me find it at Target. :) X-Men 2 paperback is already out. I like the cover. Who wrote that sucker anyway? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.