main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Summer Game 2: The Jedi Outcast Tourney Games Underway!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    OK. Here's the new Rules:
    The tournament shall consist of two rounds: The preliminary and the finals.

[b]Preliminary Round[/b]:
    The maximum number of players admitted will be 32.

The players will be broken up into a number of brackets. The number of brackets created will correspond to how many players there are as follows:

<8 players: 1 bracket
    9-16 players: 2 brackets
    17-24 players: 3 brackets
    24-32 players: 4 brackets

Players will be divided evenly amongst the brackets required.

In the preliminary round, each player [i]must [/i]play each other player in his/her bracket at least once.

At the end of each game, a screenshot must be taken (ctrl + prnt scrn, paste into a graphics application) of the final score screen. Note that this screen only appears briefly before the next map is brought up. Thus it is players responsibilities to make sure they are ready to capture it. They must then be sent via AIM, MSN, or Email to VoijaRisa. All Emails must have "JO Tournament" in the title to make sure I don't delete it as spam.

Each player's score will be determined by adding together their scores from these screens.

In addition to the games that are required, players are encouraged to play additional games. To do this, players are welcome to play each person in their bracket up to two times. The advantage in doing so is that when computing scores, Dajuan and I will only count your higest "n" scores, where "n" is the number of players in your bracket. Thus, if players have played each person twice, they will be able to drop their lowest scores.

Maps in this round can be determined between players. They are restricted only to those in the FFA category of maps. If the players can not come to a consensus, then they are required to play on the Star Destroyer. It should be noted that while players can choose any map (provided it's listed as a default in the FFA category), it is to their advantage to play smaller maps because this means you will spend less time trying to find your opponenet, and more time raking up larger kill counts.

Settings in this round are to be as follows:[blockquote]Max Players: 2
    Time Limit: 15
    Kill Limit: (blank)

Lightsaber Only: No
    Allow Saber Challange: Yes
    Force Mastery: Jedi Master
    Disable Force: No

Auto Map Cycle: No
    Do Warmup: Yes
    Warmup Time: 5
    Dedicated Server: No[/blockquote]Entry to this tournament will be open until July 22nd. Bracket assignments will be given July 25th and games can begin immediately after that. The amount of time given for this round will be announced at that time as well and is dependant on how large each bracket is.

[b]Finals[/b]
    At the end of the preliminary round, 4 players will be selected from the brackets to advance to the final round as follows:

1 bracket: the top 4 will advance.
    2 bracets: the top 2 from each bracket will advance.
    3 brackets: the top person from each bracket will advance and the second place players in each bracket will play a game to determine the fourth person to advance.
    4 brackets: the top person from each bracket will advance.

The final round will consist of several different game types, including FFA, CTF, and perhaps a custom map of Dajuans and my choosing.

[b]Other Rules[/b]
    [u]Disconnects[/u]:
    Should a player become disconnected, they are required to replay the game. However, there is a penalty. To discourage those that would consider intentionally disconnecting to force replays if they're not doing well, an increasing penalty shall be imposed. The first disconnect shall bear no penalty. Each time after will incur a loss of a percentage of your score from the replay. The second disconnect (whether intentional or not) bears a loss of 10% of your score; the third 20%; the foruth 30%; and so on.

[u]Scoring[/u]
    While it has been suggested that we possibly keep the current total of each player hidden, the current score for each player will be displayed in the official JO thread.

[u]Prizes[/u]
    All players that make it to the final four will recieve a 48 hour VIP. The winner of

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    And like with the GBG brackets, I have come up with a spiffy graphic for the ladder tournament.

[image=http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml99/99169.jpg]

;)

3. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm in. I missed the GBG tourney, but I'm not gonna miss this!!

4. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I'd join if I had the game. :p

5. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    It's so cheap I'm going out to buy another copy of it, just because my current one doesn't work properly. It's THAT cheap. You have no excuses.

Oh, and count me in.

6. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    *agrees with Hawk*

And I'm in too. ;)

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    MAKE A LIST! I'm too lazy to do it.

8. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    What the hell.

9. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    The List:

1. Kartanym
    2. Connemara
    3. HawkNC

The *if I had the game* list

1. Handmaiden_Yane

;)

10. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    I think what the hell translates to venture joing as well?

Which would mean:

1. Kartanym
    2. HawkNC
    3. Connemara
    4. Errant_Venture

:)

11. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Oops, missed ya there venture :p Ok 4 people so far.

12. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I'd join if I had the sleep patterns for it.

13. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    If I wasnt a n00b I'd join.

14. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Dude, newbs are welcome!! Both newbs to this forum and newbs to the game. This tourney is for fun! I suck. Most definitely. And yet I am signed up and looking forward to it. Don't sweat how good ya are, if you wanna join, by all means you are welcome. :)

15. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    Oh. Well thats cool. Now to get Jedi Acdemy...damn its JO? Well thats no fun. Aint got that game :(. Of course, it only costs ten bucks so I guess I could go and get it. Not sure if any place near me has it in stock though[face_worried]

16. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    1. Kartanym
    2. HawkNC
    3. Connemara
    4. Errant_Venture

The *if I had the game* list

1. Handmaiden_Yane
    2. Fist_of_Mandalore

The *I'd join if I had the sleep patterns for it* list
    1. SoloCommand

The *if my copy works* list

1. Flarestorm

17. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    You forgot to put the n00b on the "if I had the game list" Flare.

18. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
  19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Is there a "if I had for PC or Mac instead of a console" category? ;)

20. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    Thank you Mr. Flare.

21. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Is there a 'if I had broadband' list?

22. Billy_Shears

Billy_Shears Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2002
    I agree with Kartanym.

Count me in.

23. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I'm in.

Rule Clarifications:

1) I'm assuming you aren't allowed to delibertly suicide under any circumstances? And that in a dispute, the benefit of the doubt is given on the assumption that a person didn't mean to kill themselves? (IE I'm on the upper level of Streets, jump down for the launcher, miss, and I die)
    2) Just because we're "encouraged" to agree on an area of the map doesn't mean we have to right? And with that logic it is still a valid tactic to simply avoid the heck out of the other guy, preventing either of you from getting any more kills? And if not how do you plan to determine and enforce this rule?
    3)
    In each game, the players can try to agree on a map choice from the Free-for-All map type. (Recommendations for levels are: Bespin Streets, Star Destroyer, or Massassi Temple). If agreement can't be made, the players must choose Bespin Streets.

So we couldn't play on, say, Bespin CTF or Streets CTF/Warring Factions?
    4) What are you doing if a player disconnects? What if the server cycles and disconnects?

¤Night

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I'm gonna suck so much, but I'm in.

1. Kartanym
    2. HawkNC
    3. Connemara
    4. Errant_Venture
    5. Billy_Shears

EDIT: Alright, multiplayer doesn't seem to be working for me right now so I'll just take myself off for now.

25. Riley Man

Riley Man Jedi Master star 5

Dec 19, 1999
    Night, I'll see if I can address a few of your questions...

I'm assuming you aren't allowed to delibertly suicide under any circumstances?
    We're using the final game score of each game. If someone falls or kills themself, it substracts a point from their score. If a person really wants to have a negative score, I guess it's their decision, but they'll obviously have a pretty poor score. ;)

So we couldn't play on, say, Bespin CTF or Streets CTF/Warring Factions?
    We decided to use Free-for-All maps only.

What are you doing if a player disconnects? What if the server cycles and disconnects?
    Server cycles shouldn't happen, as all ladder games must be hosted by one of the players. We won't be using a dedicated server until the final-four game.
    Just to clarify: all games in the ladder round are one-vs-one, and can be against any other player within their ladder. It will be up to everyone to decide who to play against, and to decide who will host.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.