main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Summer in 2100

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    http://www.climatecentral.org/news/summer-temperatures-co2-emissions-1001-cities-16583

The good news for everyone is that in 2100 I'll be dead. But for those still living in Chicago in 2100, the summers will be equivalent to present summers in Mesquite, Texas, with an average temperature of 93.11 degrees F.

Summers in Mesquite, TX in 2100, however, will be like current summers in Surprise, Arizona (nearly 104). Summers in Surprise, AZ in 2100 will be like current summers in Kuwait City, Kuwait.

2. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Will you be one of those old people that dies every year in Chicago cause you don't want to buy ac?

Shira A'dola and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  3. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    You mean one of those stubborn old people shut in due to the debilitation of aging and living on a tiny fixed income.

hmm

New York > Lehigh Acres, FL > Mission, TX > Yuma, AZ > Kuwait City

Portland, OR > Diamond Bar, CA > Harlingen, TX > Casas, Adobes, AZ > Abu Dhabi, UAE

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Summers in Charlotte, now averaging 87 degrees, will average 96 degrees.

Kind of surprised the average is only 87 because it's been in the low- to mid-90s here for the past 2-3 weeks except for when we got our awesome cool front from Hurricane Arthur.

I'll be dead by 2100, and my children will be 95 and 93 so hopefully they move further north before retirement.

5. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    2100 summers, where I currently live, will be 103.2 F. Pfft, I've seen worse.

6. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Still less than 90F here in San Jose (89.11). I can live with that. I'd be 118 but I could live with it.

7. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Just to clarify, I'll like be dead by 2050, if I had to predict the date of my own death. I'm saving that thread title for next week: "Predict the Date of Your Own Death." It's probably been done. By me.

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    These temperatures by themselves aren't too bad, as long as it's not that humid.

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

The gangs will surely have full control of the city by then.

10. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Wow, Denver's going to be 96. A little disconcerting to see the arrow fly to the very bottom tip of Texas.

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000