main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Summer Job....

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Theedage, Jun 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I'm not to worried about it.To be honest,I'd rather find some small part time job and get back into school.

2. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    That would be good.

3. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Always be sure to keep your eyes open for a golden opportunity.

- GOds, that sounded like a fortune cookie...

4. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Confucious say: "he who sleep with itchy bumm,wake up with smelly finger"

5. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    lol! hahaha

6. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    Hello. In my absence I have acquired a job =D

I work at the solomon pond mall arcade, the Cyberstation. Tiz a fun and easy job and my manager kicks bloody ass, can do what we want etc. I don't have any set hours I work when the manager says so, nothing on a schedule.

Another place called me up for a job that pays 4 bucks more an hour and is from 5:30am to 1:30pm, it's actually the place that I originally started this thread with.

If I do take the job, this is how my possible day could be:

Wake up at 4:30am
    Leave for work at 5am
    work from 5:30am to 1:30am
    Drive to mall and find something to do until 4pm
    work at arcade from 4pm to 10pm
    get home at 11 - 11:15pm
    sleep, repeat process.

Now I don't know about you, but that would seriously SUCK.

7. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Well alright Ed!!!

Yeah I know what ya mean about 2 jobs,I've done that before and it does suck!!

8. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Two jobs equals money, but no time to do anything with it, which is a Bad Thing.

9. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    I wouldn't mind working them both if they weren't going to leave me with 5 hours of sleep each night and no time for anything else on my summer vacation.

My dad will be pissed if I don't take the 530am - 130pm job but the arcade is so much fun and the manager kicks major ass he's like a good friend and we can do as we wish and my hours are FLEXIBLE. As the manager said, if something comes up and you can't work call me and I'll have someone fill in or I'll do it myself. He's that cool.

10. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    If you don't want to leave the arcade then don't. Lack of sleep will get to you eventually.

11. greg1211

greg1211 Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2002
    Hey Theed,

I live right near the Solomon Pond Mall. Is there any way you can get me a job in the arcade? ;)

Greg

12. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    I doubt I could as it is we have 1 or 2 more employees over that we're supposed to, how we have one person on at a time (as I will be tonight) is a little strange but oh well. Doesn't hurt to fill out an app, may need extra help during the school year when my friend and I who currently work there aren't going to be there all of the time.

13. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Sounds like you have a good manager. That's good. My grocery manager and my crew chief are both good like that.

Like with the last meet, I forgot to ask for the day off. I just told them and switched working Saturday noon to eight for working Friday four to nine.

14. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    I like my supermarket job. I don't have to bag groceries, nor do I have to ring. Mostly I am in the customer service booth. Since it is a kinda small store and independently owned and not a chain, its pretty slow at times. So basically I sit there and do nothing but read, talk, or fool around. The pay is decent, considering I'm only 16. And I've been there 2 years. The best part is that I can make my own hours. All I have to do is tell the manager what days I can, can't, want to, and don't want to work. I can also tell her what shifts I want to work and such. All I have to do is tell her the wendsday before that week. Its ideal. And I get plenty of money and it feels like I barely work. The moral of this story is that no matter how good your work is its still work and it sucks.........jk. I reccomend to stay away from huge chain stores and stuff. I hear bad things from kids. I'm still gunning for a job at a comic book store, or my local videostore, that has no dress code or rules. You sit in a big comphy chair, eat, and watch movies on a big TV up on the wall right in front of you. Plus its small and has few customers, but still has a huge selection. And tons of DVD's. They put LOTR out early, and its funny how they try to keep it secret by putting it in a black case when you rent it and limiting it to one night.

15. DarthMeatloaf

DarthMeatloaf Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2002
    Ouch. That be quite a bit o' time.

My advice:

Soda. Mountain dew works well, but in my opinion doesn't have enough fizz. Just use whatever you can get your hands on, but beware: A burp at the wrong place and the wrong time can be devastating.

16. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    WHat grocery store do you work at, Mandalorian?

17. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Me = Market Basket

Eric = Shaws

Well, Ed, glad to see you're learning the value of a dollar!

18. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    'learning', it's not like i haven't had a job before ;p

19. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Suuure! BTW, Ed: I know you plac SC, but do you have WC3? If so, I'd like to play you. I want to play you in SC anyways...I'm pretty decent. ;)

20. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    No wc3 for me. Not at least until it drops in price b/c right now I won't pay for it at that 60+ dollar price. And yes I still do play SC despite I'm nothing near what I used to be, not even a sparkle, but we can still play =]

21. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Heh. Sounds good. I couldn't help but buy WC3, my friends convinced me. When you buy it, you'll enjoy it. It's muched more balanced than SC. Especially spells.

It's so funny when psi storm annihilates a huge group of hydralisks...

BTW - My SC name is SlickShoes, on US East.

22. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    I work at North Andover Star Market. Its not part of the big chain owned by shaws. They had the name and never bothered to change it even though its completely different. Its decent sized place, but it is kinda old fashioned. It used to be some other grocery store back in the 60's. I'm not completely sure about the history. But like I said, its got benefits. Either way, I have enough cash to blow, haha.

23. MaraJade75

MaraJade75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2002
    sounds better than my job..which is shall we say a little nonexistent? no actually I work at aero in the burlington mall except business is lagging and they don't need as many employees per shift so I don't get hours. all this due to the stock market. -=shakes her fist at corporate america=-

24. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    TIEace, I don't know if I mentioned this but I played beta wc3... I did not enjoy it and the point of balancing that you mention is much higher in sc. WC3 has power units, as i call them. Units that take much much resources to take down where in sc everything is easily countered by something else. That is not the case in wc3. Also, 3d does not belong in an rts game.

25. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Ahhh, I see. I just like WC3 because it's different than SC. But I see your point. The strategy is just different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.