main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Summer Meet (third meeting planning thread)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , May 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Meh, you still hit SOMETHING ;)

Okay then :)

2. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    I don't know anything about hollywood Homicide, good or bad, so I can't come to a dicision on that. I've seen the previews for dumb and dumberer, it looks a little to dumb to be funny, but I may be wrong *shrug*

3. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    I know this makes it more confusing but I have two more movies to throw into the pot:

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen(here is a movie I really think will be awsome)

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. (previews look really good for this one too)

4. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    well Holywood Homicide looks good, and it is related to star wars since Harrison Ford is in it

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...Pirates of the Caribbean looks good too. Bah! There's too many choices! Let's narrow it down to at least four and move on from there...Here are my picks:

X2
    Finding Nemo
    Hollywood Homicide
    Pirates of the Caribbean

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  6. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen AAAAHHH!!!! SEAN CONNERY!!!! *hides in corner*

X2
    Finding Nemo
    Pirates of the Caribbean

7. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    Here is my list of movies I'd be willing to see.

1.The League of Extraorinary Gentlemen
    2.Finding Nemo
    3.Hollywood Homicide
    4.Pirates of the Caribbean
    5.X2

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Here are the votes so far:

X2: 3
    Finding Nemo: 3
    Pirates of the Caribbean: 3
    Hollywood Homicide: 2
    The League of Extordinary Gentlemen: 1

EDIT: Oh, and uh, Crazed...you're supposed to vote for a least 4 :p

9. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    I don't want to see the others :p

10. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Correction: I want to see Hollywood Homocide now...I just watched a scene of it on Jay Leno :p

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hehe...I saw that too and it does look pretty good. It's my type of humor.(you should see the video we made for psychology :p )

Anyway, that would bump up the votes to the following:

X2: 3
    Finding Nemo: 3
    Pirates of the Caribbean: 3
    Hollywood Homicide: 3
    The League of Extordinary Gentleman: 1

12. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    well heres my votes:
    League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    X2
    Matrix 2
    Holywood Homicide

13. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for your votes, Bryan! :)

Anyway, here are the finalists that both have 4 votes each:

X2
    Hollywood Homicide

If I recall, X2 is already out in theaters while Hollywood Homicide comes out the 13th, which is next week.

14. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Well...hmm...this is going to be difficult...flip a coin? :p

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Possibly...let's see what Bryan and Wesmin want to do first.

And on a side note, I just checked the Weekender in today's paper and X2 is playing in only two theaters. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

16. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Hmm...yes, that's a good idea ;) Which two theaters are they in?

hmm...wait..you said you graduate the same day as Homocide comes out...and that's the 13th? Oh my...

*everything turns black and white...Rod Sterling (sp?) walks up*

Here today, we have the graduation ceremony of one Miffilin High School. The day is the 13th of June. The students and people gathered here today do not know that soon the students will now move into the campus of The Twilight Zone...*music*

*episode*

*at the end* The graduates are now eternally learning in this college, whos dean is non-other than the paranormal of ...the Twilight Zone...DEdedudaaaaaaaa

:p

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Um...that's not funny...we could be doomed for the rest of our lives! :p Just kidding...I got a kick out of it... ;)

I think it said it's playing at the Cinema Center and Carmike.

18. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHA!!! :p Hehe, that's the object of it ;)

Ah, the good ol' Cinema Center...Carmike's usually packed beyond belief the first few weeks a long anticipated movie comes out (Like with K-19...me and my parents tried to see it a few days after it opened...pfft...) I would lean toward the Cinema Center

19. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    I still want to see League of Extraordinary Gentleman, I don't know how you two can make an informed desision unless you at least have seen one preview for the movie.

20. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    wait, I thought we were going out to kutztown for the meeting... ?

21. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    *Is now calmed down from 'LXG' not winning the vote enough to vote on the finalists*

I vote for....

Drum Roll Please!

*Drum Roll*

*Drum Roll*

X2, because magneto *is quickly re-gaged by HSolo29* *mumble* *mumble* *mumble!*

22. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    I've seen a preview for all the movies we listed...hmm...I don't know what to vote for...I'd really like to see Hollywood Homocide...it's my type of humor too... ;)

23. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    well if we are having it in kutztown we'll probably have to wait a little while because none of the movies we have mentioned are playing in the local theater as of yet though they should be coming with in the next month

24. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Ah :( Hmm...what does everyone think about either having the meeting sooner, or later?

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Actually Wesmin, I have seen a preview for both movies and the reason they are finalists is when we did the original voting, everyone voted for them, giving them each 4 votes. And it also said that we all wouldn't mind seeing them...so that would be the best choice.

Now onto the question of when to see them...I was thinking sometime after the 13th sometime only because one, that is after the release date of Hollywood Homicide and we'll be guarenteed that it will be playing...and two, we should all be out of school by then. What do you think?

As for my choice...I'm leaning more toward Hollywood Homicide...for the reason Crazed stated above...and well---I don't think I need to explain. :p

I'll stop rambling now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.