main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Summer Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, I've just realized that everyone that would be coming to meetings for the next few months hasn't actually met yet. So, how about doing a meeting sometime in mid-late May? Before we go about getting anything official, how about everyone that would attend post here?

2. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    count me in, maybe it will be easier for me to print my pics and take them to the meeting.

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    How about a costume party?

4. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    sounds great.

5. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    If I'm in Daytona I'll come to a meeting.

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    When are you going to be in Daytona??

7. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I will be there this weekend and perhaps next weekend. I'm moving the weekend of the 29th.

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Would everyone be up for a meeting next weekend, say Saturday the 15th then? I still haven't met any of you, so maybe just a get together at the local Barnes and Noble on International Speedway and getting to know each other?

9. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    sounds good just tell me how to get there and the time and I'll be there.

10. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Drat! I'll be heading over to Star Wars Weekends on the 15th....

I'll keep checking here in case the meeting date changes....

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    ha! Karma, the ghost member. Always here in spirit :p

I thought about having the meeting at SWW, but I didn't know if everyone would have the money to go to Disney for the day (especially those of us trying to fund Wizard World, Dragon Con, and C3)

To get to Barnes and Noble, jump on I-95 from Jacksonville until you see the Daytona exit. From there you want to hit 92 aka International Speedway Blvd. It's right across the street from the Speedway.

So what are everyone's thoughts about a SWW meeting?

12. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I might be able to go if I'm still here, at least to the Barnes and Noble meeting. But as I'm trying to finance my flight training out of my own pocket instead of loans, I won't be able to go to SWW this year. :_| Sad for me.

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    eh, SWW was fun last year, but it doesn't seem to be too much different. Not enough to entice me to go anyway. Plus I have to start saving up for Dragon Con :cool:

Ok, so how about Barnes and Noble Saturday the 16th say around 2ish?

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Just thought I would send out an update. I am officially doing Star Wars Weekends with the Rebel Legion and 501st this year. They needed people to march in the parade opening weekend (15th and 16th) so I volunteered. If anyone was planning on going to Disney for it, that's awesome! Unfortunately, that means I may not be able to make the meeting we were kinda planning on having. If I remember from last year, the march was at noon, so I could be home anytime after that, but just in case I'm not, I still encourage everyone to get together! So feel free to set up a meeting if you still want to do it that weekend and I'll make sure it all gets officialized and stuff :)

15. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    question? do you have to have a movie costume i.e. replica from the movie, because I got a sith knight (jedi costume just black).

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, to march in the parade you must either be a member of the Rebel Legion or 501st. The 501st takes only movie or EU canon costumes, meaning no 'generic' Sith. The Rebel Legion on the other hand does take some generic Jedi and Rebels, but to March you have to have a really great Jedi costume. Though I am a member of the RL and so far everyone from the 501st and RL I'ved talked to said it's awesome, I still have to get it approved. You mentioned that you have Jedi costumes. You could submit your membership to the Rebel Legion and try to become a member by the Fan Weekend, which is I believe the first weekend in June, and march in that parade (and you get two passes to the park). If you want to e-mail me pics of your Jedi costumes, I could look them over. You may be able to submit them ASAP to the RL and possibly march next weekend, not sure on the deadlines though.

Rebel Legion

Forida 501st

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Wait, scratch that. I thought you had a Jedi, but I just read that you have the CT. How complete is it? If it's done, send your pics to Jerry from the 501st (you can get his info on their site) and ask if Dean will expediate your membership so you can march next weekend. I know they're looking for people to fill the ranks, and I believe they have two CT's coming, so that would be awesome if you could join in!

18. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    well I do have a CT costume with rifle but I need to do some mods to it I hope that I can do this in 2 weeks I got pics of the Unmod costume, I just got to do some adjustment to it like the thighs and chest, and need to get repainted (it yellow right now) I haven't wear it in a while. give me your e-mail I can send you some pics.

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    rogue1@cfl.rr.com

So the only mods are wearable things? You aren't missing any pieces or need to assemble the helmet or anything? I put in a good word over at the 501st, but definitely e-mail the pics to Jerry and Dean. I'd be happy to take a look and see if I can catch anything. Plus, I just want to see! awesome

20. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    sending the pics right now. so what to you think.

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey man, looks good to me! I've e-mailed them to Jay "Bones" Kelley who appears to be running the actual marching and he said they looked good. e-mail him back ASAP as he wants to talk to you. His address is bones8107@cfl.rr.com.

22. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Blaze, were you able to get ahold of Bones? So far it looks like it could be me, you, and Karma, which would be awesome. If anyone else was planning to go to SWW, please let me know. I believe the 501st is going to dinner afterwards later that night.

23. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    I'll be heading out that way on Saturday but am still up in the air about marching. Jerry is supposed to be finding out about getting the marching 501st members and RL people autograph tickets, so my decision is pending on that.

While it IS possible to get to the park, wait in line for autograph tickets, rush back to your car to get your costume, and get back in time to be admitted backstage, knowing that I can get an autograph ticket from Jerry would make things so much easier. Plus, I'd have to pay to get into the park to get the tickets, whereas after the parade I'd get a freebie.

24. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Alright, well Jerry was supposed to post something last night, but it didn't get posted. Let me know what you plan to do. I'll probably be heading out around 730. If you don't march, would you be able to sit sidelines and take pics or video?

25. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Blaze, any word?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.