main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Summer Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    So, is there a meeting tonight? I have an oral until about 8:30, but I can do anything except eat out, unless it's soup or peanutbutter sandwiches. I seem to have aquired food poisoning from eating a burger here on campus. Word of warning, never eat a burger from the UC if it isn't well done. Just let me know, I'll be here for at least another week because of this.

2. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    sorry about that, I had a family emergency and I just got back, my father in law passed away last thursday and I had to fly to san diego. but I'm up for anything that comes up.

3. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Well cat, I was in Orlando all weekend, so I couldn't make it. But don't let that stop you guys from meeting.

Sorry to hear that Blaze. We missed ya this weekend, but there is always fan weekend in two weeks.

If you can make it, head over to the fl garrison page and sign up. The parade was a blast. I got to hang out with Jeremy and Jake before the parade. You wouldn't believe how much "little Annie" has changed.

Is anyone planning on going to Fan Weekend? I could probaby scrounge up another ticket, then we could hang out with the 501st afterwards and have a meeting. Everyone that marches gets two free tickets, so...

I got to shake Boba Fett's hand!!!

4. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    I'm planning to go on june 5, I already sign up on the main website I just hope thats enough.

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah man, just sign up on the main page and show up at 9am. Do you know how to get there? I beleive from JAX it's a shot down 95 to I-4, then exit 64b (MGM/Magic Kingdom) and go through the employee parking (left lane). Park then lug your gear up to the front :)

6. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    I already know how to get there, looks like it will be a early day for me.

7. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    That's ok Q. And sorry to hear about your father-in-law blaze. I understand, I've had many people in my family pass away. Amyway, with this crap that the school's food gave me, I was out of it most of the weekend and didn't feel like doing anything after the oral on Sat. I'll only be here for another week though (hopefully I can go home by next Mon), but I can try to do something if you guys want. I wouldn't mind just getting off campus to hang out.

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I'm heading home this weekend to attend a friend's graduation party, but is anyone else going to be in town?

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Cat, about your shirt. There's no way I'm going to be able to pick it up before you leave. I work from noon-630 everyday, this weekend I'm going home and next weekend is Disney. If you want to go get it, just turn right onto Clyde from the main entrance to Riddle, turn left at the first light, and go all the way down untill you see a large white building on the left (lots of boats and cars and such) surrounded by a chain link fence. It's Daytona Screen Printing. If you hit Ridgewood, you've gone just a tad bit too far. Tell the guy that you're from the Daytona Star Wars club and you need to pick up your shirt. May the Force be with you.

10. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Would anyone be able to make a meeting on June 6?

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Blast!!!! I'll be marching for SWW Fan Weekend :p How about the Saturday after that, the 12th?

I just want to stress again that I am very busy this summer, so don't arrange meetings around me. If you guys can get together on a day I can't, please feel free to meet! Just send me the info and I'll make sure it gets posted on the Fan Force site. :)

12. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Argh, that weekend I'll be at Star Wars Weekends. :p

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Blast it Biggs! Why not come to Fan Weekend?

14. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    I'm going home this weekend (hopefully), so I won't be able to do anything after then.

Q, I should be able to go pick it up either today or tomorrow, but if not I'll let you know.

15. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Unfortunately I have to work on Fan Weekend.

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    bah! no working. We'll kidnap you! Never underestimate 90 men and women in high gloss ABS ;)

17. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    That is a very scary mental image. Thanks.

18. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Have we decided on a date yet? I'm finally settled into Daytona.

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well, not yet. I've got two weeks of classes left, then I'm heading back over to the west coast for a few weeks to work on my armor. I'm still pretty wiped from SWW (but my costume held together!!! :D ) So yeah, have any ideas or anything?

20. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    So you are going to be doing your armour before you get to Chicago then? Good fun! [face_dancing]

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    So whereabouts did you settle in JediMara? I talked to the three 501st guys this weekend that all live right up in Ormond. Didn't seem too interested in the Fan Force though. Oh well...

Jayna, why wouldn't I do it before I get to Chicago? It's almost three months away man! There's no way it's going to be sitting in my apt and not get worked out. I'm heading over to a guy's shop in Clearwater to look at helmets in a few weeks.

22. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm in Port Orange. I'm up for anything, really.

23. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I only asked because you had mentioned that you might head up there and stay for a week or so prior and assemble it all there. Do you know when you'll be getting your armour?

24. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    I know this is really short notice, but I just found out that my husband and some friends were planning on taking me bowling tomorrow (Saturday) for my birthday. I think it was supposed to be a surprise, but they blew it.

Anyway, I am extending the invite to the Fan Force and 501st of the area, in case you want to just get together and have a little fun. Doesn't have to be an official meeting or anything like that.

Time: 4pm-ish
    Place: The bowling alley in Ormond by the skating rink off of US1.

If you do decide to come, do not bring presents. But it is BYOB- buy your own bowling.

Please email me or PM me if you have any q's...

25. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Karma, thanks for the invite! Unfortunately, I was running all over this armor forsaken city trying to find armor parts. *sigh* And the quest continues.

So what's up with a meeting this Saturday??? I'm done with class Friday and will be heading home Saturday night. Did anyone have anything in mind??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.