main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Summer Movie Invite Thread!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by ArchaicRebel, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Thanks for sharing that Michael. I had a feeling this was going to be the one film to see this summer. Now I'm sure of it.

2. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    Having only seen a few of Michael's facebook updates and then seeing it for myself, I totally agree with Michael's statements above--even though I'm no professional movie critic. [face_peace]

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

James Cameron's new movie Avatar is having a free 16 minute preview at your friendly neighborhood IMAX. I don't know much about this flick, but would be interested in going to see the preview. Is anyone else interested in going? Oh...and it's free! Just register here.
    I chose the 7 pm showing this Friday the 21st at the IMAX at Promenade.

4. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Reminder, this Thursday is the MST3K at 6 PM. We'll hit the one at Promenade since we have to be home by 8:15.

5. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I registered and got passes for the one at the AMC Orchard, it'll be easier to get to by 6 for me getting off of work in Boulder.

6. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    The only thing I know about Avatar is that portions of it were filmed at the Mt. Penn Pagoda and Lake Ontelaunee in my home town of Reading, PA. (Okay, so Lake Ontelaunee is outside of Reading in a different township, but it's a drinking water supply for Reading.)

7. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    Whoops! I waited too long to register for the free screening. Ah, well, guess I'll have to wait!

8. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i registered..will have to see how Friday goes.

9. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    Okay, I was confused about which movie is Public Enemies. I take that one back.

10. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Chris and I saw Inglorious Basterds tonight. Good movie - classic Tarantino.

11. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    We saw The Time Traveler's Wife this weekend. It was a very good and tear-jerking movie. Quite the heart-string-tugger (is that a word?).

I thought it was well-acted and, not knowing anything about the book, thought the story was well put together. A great chick flick to bring a date too, provided you can be a good and respectful date once she starts asking why you can't be more like him. ;)

12. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    I enjoyed the Time Traveler's Wife. But I think some of what I felt for the characters in the movie was just piggy-backing from the affection I already had for them from the book. I don't think the movie does a good enough job of selling WHY these two people love each other. The storyline jumped too quickly into the major plot, before we got to know them well enough. But I was totally into it and loved that audiences can relate to these extraordinary circumstances because it's all about love and fighting to keep it.

13. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    I saw H2....And it was amazing....
    I also saw final destation in 3D and it was bad ass...Theyve got so
    far with 3D...You have to see it in the theather to get the full
    affect....plus its a good movie...