Summer Movie Season: Night at the Museum 2 & Terminator Salvation

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Amidala Starkiller, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    Director: Gavin Hood
    Stars: Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Ryan Reynolds (Full Cast)
    Studio: Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation

The Plot: An origins story that follows the early life of James Howlett (Jackman), also known as Logan, and best known as Wolverine. The chronicle of his younger years as a mutant connects to his relationship and eventual falling out with Victor Creed/Sabretooth (Schreiber), and his fateful entry into the Weapons X project, the governmental program that turns willing and unwilling beings into living weapons.
  2. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    Personally I've never been a huge X-Men fan in fact I had never heard of them until the first movie. But I will say this movie looks like a lot fun and Hugh Jackmen is always a plus. Since I don't have a huge steak in how close it is to the source material I like it well enough.
  3. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    Star Trek
    Director: J.J. Abrams
    Stars: Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg
    Studio: Paramount Pictures

The Plot: The origin story of Captain James T. Kirk, Spock and the crew of the USS Enterprise before they had boldly gone where no man had gone
  4. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    I have to say I loved it.

It was fun, exciting, lot of action...or Star Trek made by a Star Wars fan. ;)

And Zachary Quinto made Spock kinda hot

Sold 9 out of 10

Also according to the this article it was the best opening for a Star Trek movie ever.
  5. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6

Angels & Demons

Director: Ron Howard
    Stars: Tom Hanks, Ewan McGregor, Ayelet Zurer (Full Cast)
    Studio: Sony Pictures Releasing

The Plot: Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon (Hanks) finds himself in Rome, where he has to race against time to prevent the Illuminati, a secret society, from putting in motion a terrorist act that could destroy the Vatican. He's aided in his quest by the beautiful Italian scientist Vittoria Vetri (Zurer).

Haven't seen it yet so no opinion :(

Anyone else?
  6. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Pass.

I don't think Maulfly and I will be going back to the movies until Harry Potter and Transformers come out.
  7. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    Joe and I saw it on Sunday afternoon. It was ok nothing to get excited about. I had read the book in 06 and could not remember much of the plot.
  8. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

Director: Shawn Levy
    Stars: Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Amy Adams (Full Cast)
    Studio: Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation

The Plot: Security guard Larry Daley (Stiller) infiltrates the Smithsonian Institute in order to rescue Jedediah (Wilson) and Octavius (Coogan), who have been shipped to the museum by mistake.

Terminator Salvation

Director: McG
    Stars: Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, Anton Yelchin (Full Cast)
    Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures

The Plot: John Connor (Bale) is joined in his attempt to defeat Skynet and its army of Terminators by Marcus Wright (Worthington), a man who apparently has been rescued from the past, though Connor wonders if instead he's been sent from the future as a foil to his plan. As Connor and Wright push deep into the heart of Skynet, they get closer and closer to learning the secret behind the organization's mission to wipe humankind off the planet.

/>
  9. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    I only cared to see Terminator Salvation this weekend. It was fair enough definitely in the top 3 of the series.

Anyone else catch it last weekend?
  10. jango-joe1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Loved Star Trek...probably going to be one of the best movies of the summer
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.