main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Summer Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I figure since it's actually summer now we could use a new thread to discuss movies. ;)

If anyone goes to see I, Robot, can you post here afterward and tell me how it was? It looks like it could be either really good or really bad, and I'd rather not waste my money at the theater if I can help it. :)

2. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    I honestly have not set foot inside a theater since I went to see ROTK with you guys. :(

3. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I'm not sure if this could be considered a summer movie, but I went to see Spiderman 2 a few days ago and it was so good. :)

4. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm sorry to hear that Rob. :( Honestly, I really only watch movies while I'm at home in Ohio. They're a little cheaper there. When I'm at school I usually only go when we have a movie meet or the rare occasion where a friend wants to go.

I did manage to get out on the 4th to see Spiderman 2 though (I think I said that in the Random thread...I can't remember and I'm too lazy to look!), and I really really liked it too. Definitely didn't disappoint. :)

5. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Truth be told, there really haven't been that many movies recently that have really made me want to get up and go see them.

6. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Sorry to hear that. :(

7. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    I plan on seeing I, ROBOT on monday night or tuesday during the daytime...

I will let you know how it is ...

Justin Manning

8. JEDIMASTER6872

Apr 5, 2004

movie was good

ladies will like to see will smith's butt ---- but I liked the film as a whole more than a few great jokes......

9. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Seeing Will Smith's butt might be a good thing. [face_smile]

10. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Might be? ;) I would elaborate on my opinion there but I'm pretty sure my boyfriend reads my posts every now and then. :)

11. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Seeing his butt would be a definite plus, but I can see where you would want to be careful if your boyfriend ever read your posts.

12. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Seeing Will Smith's butt might be a good thing.

Errrrr.....not really..... o_O

13. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Well, so far I've seen Spider-Man 2 and Anchorman.
    Spidey: Probably best movie of the summer. Reserving judgement until AvP, but not holding my breath ;)

Anchorman: Not as overall funny as I thought. But still funny. There are a few moments during the flick that had me actually lol in the theatre. Would defintately recommend if you want a comedy, 3.5/5

Still want to see Dodgeball and I, Robot. And am really waiting fot The Village.

14. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I heard that Dodgeball was really funny.

15. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I know that this isn't a new movie but since it has Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn in it I thought I'd mention it.

I saw Starsky & Hutch on the plane ride home yesterday and that was a good movie. Both of them are very funny together and I look forward to seeing Dodgeball too!

16. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Anyone else see The Village? I've heard many strong opinions about it - good and bad. I personally enjoyed it, though it wasn't anything like what I expected.

I'm hoping to see AvP sometime in the near future, so if you guys see it please let me know how it was. :)

17. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Saw AVP tonight.

Well, it definately could have been better. But I'm not regretting my $10.50. Good action, and some fun times.

some good tie ins to the Second Alien movie too. And seeing how it's set in present day, it does keep continuity with the Other movies.

And You can tell they are betting on a sequal too.

18. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Saw The Village. My review: Wait to Rent It.
    M Night has really set the bar high for himself with the Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. I had already figured out the big ending "twist" before seeing the movie. He makes a cameo and it's in a way that takes away from the movie, IMO. Like he's winking at the audience saying "see how cool I am?" There was also a couple of plot thing I had huge problems with. Not his best.
    While not a "big summer movie" I saw Little Black Book this weekend. Not bad, probably a good date movie. It's not the same movie it looks like in the trailers, a lot more chick flick ;)

19. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    But I'm not regretting my $10.50.

I though a trip to the movies around here was expensive :eek:!

It's not the same movie it looks like in the trailers, a lot more chick flick

Not for nothin', but this one screams chick-flick from the trailer... IMO.

I want to see Collateral. I've heard mixed reviews about it but I'm interested in seeing Tom Cruise playing a bad guy for once.

20. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    this one screams chick-flick from the trailer
    The trailer I saw made it look like a twenty-something sex comedy. But oh well. Would have been a little better if Brittany didn't talk so much.

21. JEDIMASTER6872

Apr 5, 2004
    Saw Village a few weeks ago.. it was interesting....

Tonight I took my m,other and her friend to see THE EXORCIST: THE BEGINNING

Not as good as first one, but there were ALOT of people grabbing the person next to them by the arm when they got scard.... interesting storyline.. I heard there is a second version of the film wgich will be used for the DVD release.... from one of the prior drirects of the film... It had like 3 different people directing it...
    both versions are suppose to be mostly alike, but diffences being how the director at the time thought it should be filmed....

Thinking of seeing AVP next week or after Dragoncon trip in like ohh 12 days

Justin Manning

22. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I caught the E! True Hollywood Story: Curse of the Exorcist the other night. They talked about the new film and the 3 different directors. They will be releasing 2 different verisons of DVD.
    They were showing people at the theatre for the original. People were fainting and leaving the theatre. :)

23. JEDIMASTER6872

Apr 5, 2004
    not in the one i went to... my mother and her friend didnt jump once....

My mother even guessed the possessed half way truogh it before I did

can't wait to see the other versions, which I hope are even better than this one

Justin

24. JEDIMASTER6872

Apr 5, 2004
    I just finished reading AVP last night late early morning ( 430am ) lol ... after todays Meet I will be going to Randolph, and watching the movie. I will let you know how it is compared to the book, which was interesting. Not as good as I hoped, but still a good read.

Justin Manning

25. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Have fun watching the movie. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.