main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Summer Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthLucanas, Apr 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    With all the great summer movies :D coming out here's where to pass on any new information,your views, or whatever you would like to discuss about them. Anything would be greatly apreciated Thanks. :)

2. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Out of all the movies coming out this Summer I'm looking forward to X2 the most. I did see the new Matrix Reloaded trailer when I went to see Anger Management (Which was pretty decent)yesterday. That looks really good as well.

I can't decide if I like what I see on the Hulk so far.

As far as T3 goes, all I can say is.....yawn.

3. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I'm really waiting for X2. I mean, you can ask me at any time how many days are left till it comes out and I can tell you. (It is currently 18 days.) It's even better that Shawn gets a larger part in this movie. (Mmm...Shawn Ashmore.... [face_love]) Then there are also the other famous X-Men who make cameos in the movie, like Siryn, Colossus, and Jubilee.

4. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    Matrix Reloaded should be awesome.

Pirates actually looks like it has promise. I was impressed with the longer trailer I caught the other day, I think I will go see it.

X2 should be sweet.

And for those of you who aren't informed, Peter Jacksons (LOTR) next project is the remake of KING KONG :cool:

5. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Thats an interesting change for PJ.

All the movies mentioned up there I want to see. But most importantly X2 and Matrix.

6. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I wish people would try something original before screwing up a good movie. ARGH! [/rant]

I have to say X2 is leading my must see list for the summer. Pirates (after the new trailer) is a close second. How can you go wrong with pirates and undead?!?
    T3...well, it looks like the action sequences and effects will be good, yeah.
    Kill Bill also looks to be very promising. I think the trailers on quicktime.com. It hasn't got a lot of attention yet, but it will =)

7. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    X2 only 18 days left. :D
    Matrix Reloaded is 31 days away. :D
    I hope my math is good its late for me. X2 looks so awesome I see more and more commercials for it everyday. I want a little more of Reloaded but I know they will come soon enough.

Hulk is out June 20th :)

More movies yet to come. Stay tuned. [face_laugh]

8. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    X2
    Matrix Reloaded
    Hulk
    T3- I have to see this movie even it stinks. T2 was my favorite movie in junior high.

9. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Even though I wasn't in junior high when it came out, T2 was definately one of the defining sci-fi movies of all time.
    It's one of the few movies I still remember seeing in the theatre.

10. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Junior high, Tom? They must do it wierd here in MA. I was 10 when T2 came out in 1991, and that would make you even younger. I was definately in 4th grade. I remember that when it came out on video I tried to rent it, and the guy at the store wouldn't let me cuz I was under 18. I just had my dad go back and rent it. Watching it that night, I was freaked out about killer machines and nuclear war!

11. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Yeah......I didnt see the movie until I was in junior high which would have been in 95.

12. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Wowsers! Check out this trailer for Terminator 3. Way cooler than the one we see here in the States.

13. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
  14. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    X2 is gonna be awsome and is probably the movie I'm looking most forward to.
    I kinda think the matrix is overrated but the sequels definetly look interesting and I'll see them.
    As for T3, its a new terminator movie with Arnold, the effects look awsome too. As for whether it will be that great, who knows. It will most likely fall short of T2, but to judge it you need to see it, so I'll def see that too.
    Hulk did look a little shaky when I first saw the superbowl tv spot, but I've heard the new previews and footage looks awsome so we'll see.
    As for pirates of the carribean I think its looking awsome so far.
    And when I first saw previews for Kill Bill I wasn't too sure what I thought. I loved Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and Jackie Brown and I think Tarontino is pretty cool so I think I'd like to see Kill Bill. I've heard that from a friend that he thought it was kinda stupid when he saw the first preview, but after watching a new one thinks it will be good, but I haven't seen it myself yet.
    This summer should be promising for movies
    2 years til episode 3

15. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    I thought Anger Management was pretty good. It was a change of pace for Adam Sandler movies, but good.

16. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Ok, I know it was out in Asia already, but has anyone seen the trailer for Shaolin Soccer? It looks pretty wild!

17. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Anger Managment was pretty good. I thought it was wicked funny.

18. ilsathejedibabe

ilsathejedibabe Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2003
    i cant wait for matrix2 to come out. i think they should make number two and three a double feature, so that we dont have to wait soooooo long.

19. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Its only going to be until November.

Wait... your right that is too long. :mad:

I second the motion. :D Double Feature now.

20. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    That would be sweet. :)

21. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
  22. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    This years summer blockbuster will be...

The Hulk!!

23. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Call me silly, but the one I'm looking forward to is "Pirates of the Caribbean." I

Know, I know, it's a Disney movie, but there is a certain
    Element in it that
    Is very appealing to me. It
    Really makes me want to see this movie,
    And it's probably not the movie itself that I'll be watching. :D

Edit: Leah, you know what I mean, even if nobody else does. ;)

24. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Unfortunately Chris, I do know what you mean. [face_plain]

Anyway, new X2 piece released. It talks about the new characters being introduced in the movie. Click here to check it out. Siryn rules!

25. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I typed out an acronym - read it again and see if you pick it up. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.