main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Summer picnic / get-together

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by -Fettish-, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    Sorry I've been scarce lately, been super crazy-busy at the shop.

Anyway....

Anyone up for organizing a small summer picnic / get-together? You know.....pick a park, grill some burgers, hang out... :D

2. Dotanis

Dotanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    What is this "hanging out" thing of which you speak? =)

3. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Sure! Let's get some ideas of Time/Date and we can have that also serve as the meeting. Morris Park again or do you have somewhere else in mind?

4. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Area Parks to consider:

Morris Park: Picnic areas, playground for children, tennis courts.

Prickett's Fort Park: Picnic areas, view of river and/or creek (depending on where you are in the park), fishing, tour of fort, small museum, nature trail with labled flora & fauna.

Valley Falls Park: Picnic areas, playground, view of falls, nature trails. I think fishing is permitted, but I'd have to check.

Cooper's Rock: Picnic areas, cool scenic overlook from rocks, nature trails. Bit of a drive, but not terribly far.

Please add further suggestions if you think of any. Families are welcomed, bring your fishing pole if suitable. :D

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    You are all more than welcome to join us for our picnic, on Saturday Aug. 18.

6. Wraithwulf

Wraithwulf Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2007
    we could potentially do a picnic in place of our meeting, and perhaps even join the pittsburgh fanforce for their picnic as well?

as to location, it doesnt matter to me, if we do it sperately, i would prefer to do it on a saturday afternoon, as that is the easiest day for me to attend, but i can vary my schedule a bit as needed if another times works best for everyone else.

7. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    The 18th won't work for me. I've already volunteered to work one of the stops on a dice run to benefit the Humane Society.

Also, I can't take many Saturdays off because my salon is open from 9am to 4pm on Saturdays and we tend to get swamped. :(

Perhaps we can pick another day? Even in September if need be.

8. Wraithwulf

May 18, 2007
    well would sunday be better or worse for everyone? or earlier, perhaps friday?

9. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Saturday is the best day usually for me to be able to make a picnic. However I will try to make it whenever the majority decides. It would be nice if we could have something in addition to another visit with the Pittsburgh folks. I prefer Morris or Valley Falls myself.

10. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Lets go ahead and shoot for a Saturday. If we pick the date far enough in advance, I can schedule my clients so that I will be free for the afternoon... :)

11. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Picnic as our meeting the second Sat. of August (Aug 11th)?

12. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    I totally forgot about the husband racing most Saturdays through fair season. Of course I have to be there for each race to help out and such. I am pretty much the one-woman pit crew... :p

Anyway, you all decide when you want to do a picnic/meeting and I will try to make it if I can...

:)

13. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    There will be no meeting or picnic this Saturday due to lack of possible attendance. We can try again sometime soon.

14. Wraithwulf

May 18, 2007
    Thanks for the heads up, I was curious if we would. Will we be rescheduling for another time later this month?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.