main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Summer Plans

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Apr 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    So what is everyone planning on doing this summer? I'm going to be working as an A/V guy in the ERAU library and possibly a Graphics Artist for a local ad agency.

I plan to finish my Jedi armor and Jedi costume so I can join the Rebel Legion. I'm going to at least one Star Wars Weekends next month. I still have a rotoscoping project to finish, as well as working on my Fan Film. Of course I'll be working on the Falcon (the newest one is a coolant leak :mad: ) Play lots of cards while I have someone here that plays, and watch lots of movies :D

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I will be here for the first half of the summer to take a few courses. Because of this, I will spend a hunk of my time studying and doing homework. I'll try to fit some Star Wars in there somehow also. :)

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, good luck with those icky summer courses :(

4. Commander_Farsight

Commander_Farsight Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    finding a job for a month, then on to the internship. Hopefully I will find some time to have fun.

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Where are you interning? Are you heading back up to the Cape?

6. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    I'll be here.....like I always am.... *sigh* .... also planning on one or two of them Star Wars Weekends since I'm an autograph hound..... will be taking a trip to GenCon at the end of July... but otherwise I'll be pulling the usual 9 to 5 at the maintenance hangar.

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Oooo, what's GenCon and can I dress up?!?! :D

8. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    GenCon is in Indianapolis this year, and yes, you can dress up. In fact, more and more attendees have been dressing up and they have a killer costume contest. It's more of a gaming con than a sci-fi con, so if you attend, be ready for about 4 hours of sleep per night.
  9. Commander_Farsight

Apr 13, 2003
    I'm interning with the FAA in Teterboro, NJ with my dad. And yes I'm going back to Cape Cod.

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    That's cool man. What does your dad do?

11. Commander_Farsight

Apr 13, 2003
    He does Check rides, reviews incedent reports and other FAA type stuff.

12. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    I get my license June 5, then I have 6 performances of The Hobbit (Sands Theater in DeLand! will be cool! I'll be a goblin and an elf!). Then, I'm going to Canada for 1-2 weeks and maybe Dominica for a week. Maybe.

And I REALLY need a job! :(

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Wow, when are your shows? That would be awesome to see!

14. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Hmmm, let me see:
    Opening night: June 13, 7:30 PM
    Show: June 14, 2:30 PM
    Show: June 15, 2:30 PM
    Show: June 19, 7:30 PM
    Show: June 20, 2:30 PM
    Closing night: June 21, 2:30 PM

It's at the Sands Theater in DeLand, which is basically the theater inside the DeLand Cultural Arts Center. If you want to go, you need to call the box office around the first or second week of June (before the 13th) and reserve tickets, or they'll be harder to get. The adult productions are ALWAYS sold out, and youth productions like this one can sell out too.

The Hobbit should be really cool. They're having special effects for the scene where Gandalf zaps Bilbo, and other parts, and the goblin fight is very humorous, and the Smaug part should be cool. I'll be a goblin and the short blonde elf. I think the only blonde elf. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.