main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW summer tv

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheOzhaggis, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Wow.

Veronica Mars rocked.

:D

2. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    i didnt LOVE it, but i enjoyed it enough and am curious enough to come back next Monday.

And shes pretty cute too ;)

edit: And yes I have seen Smallville Seasons 1-3. I own 1 and 2 and have high hopes of attaining three for Chrissy :D

3. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

My initial reaction was the same as Scream. But it gets its hooks into you after a few eps. Before you know it you're up to episode 5 and thinking, hey, i'm still watching this ...

And yes, the blonde in pink in the next ep is indeed Paris Hilton. I was surprised by her performance actually, she weren't nearly as crap as I expected. No Olivier, but she seems to hold her own in that ep. (I haven't seen her "act" in anything else, tho).

4. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Of course you have! She acts fake everyday :D

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    *shock*horror*gasp*

:eek: You mean, like, that's not her for real?

:p

I was busy watching Mythbusters.... It'd probably be better than Mars anyday.... [face_mischief]

6. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Except MB atm is just repeats - again.

7. eclips

eclips Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2004
    I enjoyed VM. Was not what I expected, but I will be going back. I kinda enjoyed actually having something to watch on TV. I watched VM and recorded Mythbusters which I then watched afterwards.

8. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    I agree. Gives me something to watch over the summer, because at the moment I seem to be downloading all my TV shows. Im hopeing 'Surface' will be similar tonight and will give me something to watch on tele over the holidays.

9. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I probably gave up on it too early, but I wasn't fussed about VM. Too much narration IMO

10. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    I watched VM and recorded Mythbusters which I then watched afterwards.

That's what I used to do with Idol, although I would record Idol and watch Mythbusters. But don't you realise? By recording the show with ads, you get to fast forward them later. ;)

Except MB atm is just repeats - again.

I wouldn't know, as I only found Mythbusters earlier this year, but I thought that it was recent stuff. I mean, it would have to be nearly the latest stuff seeing as Scottie is off the show now.... o_O

11. eclips

eclips Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Yes, but VM is recorded in HD and therefore better to watch as it airs and record MB in Standard Definition. As soon as they make a HD Recorder (either on DVD or Hard Drive) I will probably swap over.

Are you sure about MB being repeats TheOzhaggis??

12. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Well, it was repeats the last few times I checked in. Maybe they're playing new ones now - or maybe I've just seen a lot more than other folks. I'll check it out again next week.

Meanwhile, there's just so many shows on tonight (Tuesday), I dunna think my VCR will handle it!

7.30 - 8.30 Surface, That 70s Show
    8.30 - 3rd Watch, Ghost Whisperer, NCIS
    9.30 - Boston Legal, n3mbers ...

13. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Ch10 now has Futurama! I know it's nothing major, but one full hour of Simpsons + Futurama sounds like fun. :D

14. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Surface: Not bad. Better than i expected. I might watch it when im home.

Ghost Whisperer: significantly better than i expected! No sceptical friends or anything! Not the best show ever, but interesting. different vibe to medium which i didnt expect.

15. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Oz, about the Mythbusters old episodes, this is a long shot, but, you may have caught some episodes a month or so back when they did actually show old repeats. I think SBS was showing the cricket or some sport and it replaced Mythbusters for the night?but then the cricket (I'm pretty sure it was that) finished before Monday so SBS showed an older episode to fill in the timeslot. You may have caught the couple times they did that.

I know, massive long shot, but still....

TV is just TV to me. All these high-tech differences I fail to see, eclips.... ;)

I past all the new ones tonight. Didn't have any interest, really....

16. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

That is possible. Despite my apparent enthusiasm for tv, I've been too busy to watch it regularly atm.

Surface : I was not that impressed. Every line of dialogue was cliched. Every character was cliched. (Oh look, a hot and sexy but intelligent young single mother trying to juggle her professional career with raising her annoying young child who is in shared custody with her ex-husband who she happens to have some lingering feelings for despite him moving on and shacking up with some eye candy who he doesn't realise is no real match for his ex-wife and whom the child hates because children always know best ... that's never been done before).

Not actually summer tv (I don't think, anyway), but two shows on in the US atm that I hope make it to our screens are Invasion and Supernatural. Invasion is basically Invasion of the Body Snatchers done in modern southern gothic style, a nice slow scifi mystery show (but with yet another annoying little child in it). Supernatural is basically a MOTW x-files type show about two brothers looking for their dad, who is a kind of amateur Fox Mulder, so each week they go off in search of another MOTW hoping ol dad will be there too. And from memory both shows managed to throw in a cheesey x-files joke in the pilot, which seems to be the way these days. No idea if or when they'll be on, but if you get a chance they're worth a look.

17. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Can i just say a big BOOYAH! for the return of 3rd Watch? Its my second favourite show after The West wing, and i have missed it. why o WHY there arent box sets i will never know.

18. Diva_Shaliqua

Diva_Shaliqua Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 16, 2002
    Long Way Round started last night on the Lifestyle Channel =D=

I read the book at the beginning of the year and finally the doco is on, weekly! It was great, I love Ewan :_|

19. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    actually no, this doesn't make it better, but that McCartney boy is in Summerland, not One Tree Hill.

20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Oh, oops. Shows how much I'm paying attention.... [face_blush]

I find it interesting that Ch10 is continuing to show Smallville on Sunday nights. Well, at least this coming one. Two times a week... hectic!! :p

21. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Hectic, true, but that depends whether channel 10 intend to progress the show quickly and continue to show season 3 and/or 4 after the non-ratings period.

22. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    agreed. I had just watched season 2 again when this came on, so Im gonna wait and hope season 3 starts soon before watching more Smallville.

23. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Well there you go. I just saw an ad for INVASION. But it won't be starting until 2006. Looks like they think this ones a ratings winner. Definitely one to keep your eyes open for - I'm guessing a February start.

24. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    You've forgotten Headland, 7pm Mon-Thursday on Seven. The amazing show where no one can act! :p

I went to school with Rachel Taylor BTW and she can't act her way out of a paper bag even though she was one of the drama students. She's playing herself.

25. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Just ask Scream about the hit new TV series 'Headland'. ;)

New Family Guy episodes are on Ch7 but I can never remember when they're playing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.