main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW summer tv

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheOzhaggis, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Starwars.com is hosting the entire Robot Chicken: Starwars episode (for free!) ...

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. :)

2. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Sarah Connor Chronicles wasn't a complete shambles.

Came close, but there may be some hope.

3. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    When did they show the pilot? or is it floating round the interwebs?

4. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I believe it is floating on the interweb...

5. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Apparently they cut a sequence involving an attack at John Conner's school because of Virginia Tech. Over-sensitivity, catering to the US audience in an attempt to avoid jeopardising ratings, or just the right thing to do? You decide.

6. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    The version i saw had the shooting sequence, and I would like to see them remove it and still have the pilot make any sense at all.

not a bad series. It certainly has a lot of piotential to be cool, and i think they have the right attitudes about the characters and the situation. Not the most exciting pilot ever, but a very good start.

7. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

The plot:
    1. They find somewhere safe.
    2. John whines about how unfair it all is.
    3. Sarah tells him to grow up.
    3. They get attacked.
    4. Escape with as many explosions as possible.
    Rinse and repeat as necessary.

If it's like that every episode, I think it could get boring pretty fast.

But pilots are notoriously dodgy. It's really just a demo reel to sell the show. So hopefully the series would be something a bit more substantial.

8. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    The pilot wasn't too bad, ill pay them for tapping into the Terminator franchise well. I liked how they kept the title as "Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles". That being said I have no interest in seeing all the actors playing Terminators trying to mimic Arnold. Arnold is the ONLY Terminator, tho ill pay Robert Patrick. Its going to be boring to see a guy trying to be Arnold. I think thats why I ended up enjoying Summer Glau's character a bit more than I thought I would. The whole ending sequence, was just silly. The Connor's dont go to the future. The future comes to them!

I really enjoyed T3, and I kinda feel that being an equal part of the series. By retconning most of the movie through the TV show, it kinda cheapens the entire series.

9. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Well from what I've been reading lately, with all the Terminator EU and such there's so many alternate time lines that there's absolutely no need for continuity... I guess...

What did I think of Sarah Connor Chronicals? Not bad, not brilliant. Possibly should have been called "The Connor Chronicals", Sarah & John's characters are equally important. I agree with Oz, the plot runs the risk of being repetitive, but we've only seen one episode and we can't be too sure of where the story takes us.

Also a nice touch that Sarah's alias is "Sarah Reese". :)

10. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    HTR:

I didnt mind the time jump forwards. For one thing it was funny with the kid who had the camera phone, and for another it wasnt to far into the future. Them int he terminator future would suck. Them 5 years on is better. besides, its easier to do that and keep Johns age where they wanted it. i for one liked the idea.

i also agree with what Oz said about repetitive, and i think a lot of the interest will come from Cameron for me. Notice too that she can apprently heal, as her scars are gone from earlier in the episode.

11. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    10 days till the release of stagate S10 on DVD!!! i can't wait, and yet ill be sad to see it go. :(

And SG: Atlantis 3 isnt to long after that! woo!

In an unrelated story Im now DLing the new pilot for Flash Gordon. Reports havnet been good, but we'll see.

12. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    BSG Season 3 has been confirmed for release on DVD in November, finally. No extras as yet, but that might change.

13. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Wow. Flash Gordon is possibly the worst show Ive ever seen. It was just Horrendous! i could go on for a page r two about the suckiness of it, but frankly it doesnt deserve it! I'd almost say watch the first one just to laugh at it and in a lesson on how not to make a TV show!

Bionic Woman however, is pretty damn awesome! It was a first episode, so it wasnt perfect by any means, but it definitely has me interested for the upcoming season.

14. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Anybody watch Entourage? Just started season 3. Brilliant.

15. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000
    Is there a new Flash Gordon tv series?

I remember there was one a few years back ("With a budget of $1m an episode!"), bit of a flop. So they didn't learn from that?

edit: dang, i'm getting old. I was thinking "The Flash". D'oh.

16. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

re: Flash Gordon

Terrible acting. Terrible plot. Terrible.

And I know pilots are expected to have budget SFX, but good grief, I've seen fanvids with better.

17. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    oh good, it isnt just me thinking its terrible then. It seems to be doing well in the ratings, so I htought maybe my taste was slipping.

the old Flash TV show wasnt terrible, thought it was cheesy at times. i think it had a lot of potential...

18. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

I liked Bionic Woman. Not the greatest show ever, but best of the new bunch IMHO.

Just as long as it doesn't become a BSG summer camp.

19. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    The pilot for Reaper was... funny... actually, very funny.

I'm looking forward to the series.

20. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Reaper the pilot that Kevin Smith directed?

21. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    yes indeed. I didnt know that was out, Ill have to grab that

22. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Thanks for the heads up Shad, caught it last night. You can certainly tell it's a pilot, and it's tough finding a broad audience for the show (being a supernatural, action-comedy and all), but I dig it.

23. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Family Guy: Blue Harvest (i.e. Star Wars episode) premieres tonight in the states. Time to start up those torrenting programs!

24. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Checked out Reaper and was pleasantly surprised :) A fun show with some cool moments and good casting. I look forward to more!

25. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    2 others to check out:
    Chuck
    Babylon Fields

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.