main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Summerfest 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by LauedGiind, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Ok everyone. Summer officially begun on June 21 and with summer comes the festival of all festivals....SUMMERFEST! The festival starts June 26-July 6 and I was wondering if anyone was planning on going this year. I probably will be going at least one day this week but I was wondering if we would like to make one day of Summerfest a group outing for anyone who would want to go. If anyone is interested, list dates and times that you would be available to go to Summerfest.

2. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I know for sure I'll be going on July 3rd so I can see Michelle Branch on the Briggs and Straton's Big Back Yard stage. Other than that, I don' think I have any absolute going to go dates.

3. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    July 3rd- that is the night of the fireworks, right? Traffic may be a little more heavier than usual. It sounds cool though.

4. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    do any of you know if Evanescense is going to be their? I thought I heard that they were, but I could be wrong. If so I would really want to go.

Forcebewitya!

5. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Apparently Evanessence is scheduled to play on July 6th at the Harley-Davidson Roadhouse at 10pm.

6. A_New_HopeLily

A_New_HopeLily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Yes.. I'll definately be going to Evanescence, Michelle Branch, Local H and Powerman 5000. I'll HOPEFULLY be going to Reel Big Fish, Rusted Root, and Cowboy Mouth.

I'm gonna be a busy girl!

Cally

7. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Christ I must be getting old.

I don't recognize one of those bands.

I wouldn't mind heading down for a group outing to summerlust. July 3rd is EXTREMELY crowded though - so I will probably avoid that.

8. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jedi_Knight_Isadore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    I am going tomorrow (opening day) just to see Weird Al, and then I am going to see Santana. Mom got me a ticket row J in section 2, a very good seat. Other than that, I am not sure when I will be there.

Devan

9. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Oh I know July 3rd us the worst day to go, but darn it, I really like Michelle Branch (I liked her before she broke out) and I'm going, darn it! Of course, I'll go around 1 in the afternoon or so and just sit around for nine hours to make sure I get a decent viewing point, but I'll be there!!

10. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I like Cowboy Mouth (Come on Dan Jenny Says was their biggest hit, you must have heard that) and Rusted Root, when are they going to be there. As for the third I got suckered into a half a day at work so I'll be working 11 to 3pm. I can still head on down there after that.

M

11. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Dagnabit... I had my hands on a ticket to see Peter Gabriel tomorrow night, and I had to give it up because something came up. :(

12. A_New_HopeLily

A_New_HopeLily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Cowboy Mouth is there on Saturday the 28th and Rusted Root is there on Tuesday the 1st.

:)
    Cally

13. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Ok, I work until 4pm on July 3rd but I guess I would want to see Michelle Branch as well. I was thinking about seeing Wierd Al tommorow night but I have not made up my mind about that. I have to get up early the next morning and be at work at 7:30 am. July 6th is a good possibility for those who want to avoid firework crowds. I can certainly go more than once down to Summerfest. So far it seems like it has come down to two dates then...July 3rd and July 6th.

14. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm thinking we might be going on Saturday for a bit. Cowboy Mouth happens to be favorites of ours and all that jazz. Now I just have to see what hoops I'll be jumping through to get into that one.

M

15. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Who is willing to go to Summerfest on July 3rd? I will be going in the evening after work and will be there no later than 5 pm. Anyone interested?

16. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Devan- I only caught a glimpse out of the corner of my eye, but I could swear I saw you at Weird Al. Did you still end up going?

17. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Hello hello. I finally remembered to post (thanks, Tom) here. I will indeed be at the Big Gig on July 3rd to see Michelle Branch on the Briggs & Straton's Big Back Yard Stage. I'm going to head down there at about 2ish, and just hang around. It's the big fireworks display, so it will be pretty crowded. But I don't care. I liked Michelle Branch before she got big, so I'm going to see her, darn it!

Anyone want to join me?

18. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Hey guys!

I ended up with two tickets to Summerfest for free. Bob and I can't go (things are just too busy here), but if anyone wants them, I will keep an eye on the forums here until I leave work about 1-2pm (things are really getting hectic here due to the Big Bang, so most of us are leaving the museum early).

So post here if you want them, or email me at my AOL or at work (balestrieri@mam.org).

:D

19. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jedi_Knight_Isadore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    Sorry, Been busy,

Solo414, yes I was I Weird Al, I was wearing my Jedi cloak through most of it. My friends got a spot in 2nd row center, so I could see the 5'o clock shadow on Al. I was great except for all the drunks. Anyways, I am off to see Santana tomorrow.

Devan

20. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I'll be down there later than I thought but I'll be there.

M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.