main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Summertime

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Experienced anything great about Summer lately?
    This week has astounded me twice. The first was a few days ago, driving on I-4 in a thunderstorm just before dusk. A lightning bolt flashed so bright that I was momentarily blinded. I don't recall hearing a thing. That's the only time such a thing has happened to me.

Then, a few minutes ago while getting the mail, I was repeatedly circled by a bat. It was right out of Batman mythos. I'm certain it was just catching insects and had great control, but it continually darted within five feet of my face until I left several minutes later. It wasn't scary, but fascinating, and surprising each time it did a fast flyby. -Campbell

2. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    I was amazed by three things today so far....

1 - i was trying to get on the internet and it would not work. I think there is some alien signal inter fearing with my wireless net work.

2 - I craved taco bell today ... a weird craving for me. I went to Taco Bell and Aaron was there ...quite weird

3 - my stereo continually turns itself on. this event has grown i frequency wince the beginning of the summer. I have ruled out it being do to the solar maximum since we are out of the solar wind peak time....but then, what if Galleleo was wrong??

3. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Maybe Dark Vader is coming!! AHHH!!!

4. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Darth Vader is dead. He died "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." (tm) :)

5. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Yes, Darth Vader died; we all know that. But, what about Dark Vader?

Brandon

sigh

6. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    But what about Dirth Nader, Dark Weirdo of the Sith?

7. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Go muppets!

8. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Bean is the best!!

9. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I wouldn't consider Bean Bunny a Muppet. For real. He is more of a neo-Muppet, a fo-Muppet, or even a pseudo-Muppet.

Yes, in the strictest Muppet sense, he is; but, he is just not a "classic" one, kinda generic, really. Remember years back when that new Muppet Show was on the air? I liked it, watched it weekly, but to me, those were not 'real' Muppets. True, it's hard to explain, so I will stop now.

Brandon

10. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    So I was going back & read this thread and was curious. Besides the hurricane, how was everyone's summer so far? With this group I know I've canoed, been to the beach, gone out to dinner, bowled & partied -all with in the past few months. I've also recently taken Aikido & Scuba. Check out dive this coming weekend, YEA! But that's another post.
    I've also been out dancing & partying with friends to the point it became a blur (literally). Mainly at Pleasure Island but also people's houses and 1 time I went to Jelly Rolls at Disney's Boardwalk. Nice dueling piano bar, fun atmosphere & music wasn't bad.
    I've seen quite a few movies but nothing that's blown me away recently. Catwoman was extremely cheesey but so fun to watch. Even better, it was a free ticket (props to Campbell who couldn't go & gave me the pass).
    Yes, there's boring things like work and working out, etc. but what about the fun in life?
    Well, I'm looking forward to hearing about other people's summers and will chat with you later.
    Melanie

11. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Sure, sure, but real attention should be paid to Brandon on the point about Bean. No disrespect to the Bunny, but to me he's about as much of a Muppet as the Spirit of 3-D. -Campbell

12. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    ok, ok Bean is not a real Muppet. He's cute, adorable & sweet so I'm going to like him anyway. Boy! You & Brandon are like Waldorf & Statler, sheesh!

Melanie

13. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Statler : I guess all's well that ends well.

14. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Waldorf: I don't care, as long as it ends.

15. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    OOH I got something interesting!!!

You know how they always say to do something that scares you everyday?

I have for the past week or so! Pretty insane!!

Let's just say I almost crashed twice already! HAHAHA

Just don't let my father see this thread...

16. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Oh no. I just called your dad and spoke with him. He asked me to print out and bring over this thread, and I told him I would, just so long as he buys me lunch. Was I wrong?

Also, R2-D2 is afraid of nothing... except you! That's right, I snuck this picture of him in your backseat:

[image=http://photobucket.com/albums/v311/Pikaroth/r2d2.jpg]

Brandon

17. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Well met, Brandon. Cool picture of R2.

Stefanie- Very interesting lifeplan. As long as it's not the same thing everyday and you just never get over the fear.

18. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    R2 is lookin pretty comfortable in that back seat there! Does he hang his head out the window like a dog and catch all the air in his gaping mouth? ::Sound of R2 Panting:: (I'll let you figure out houw that sounds, lol).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.