main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Summoned (Jag, Shawnkyr...)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trepidation, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    Title: Summoned
    Characters: Jag, Shawnkyr
    Genre: friendship
    Summary: Not expected...but, certainly, warranted
    Time Frame: Post NJO

In support of the The Foreigners [The Jag/Kyrn Discussion Group] domiciled on the Fan Fiction Writer Resource thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?Good afternoon, Colonel.? A rigid presence stood two steps inside the hatch after proper acknowledgment by activator alarm, a five second wait, and formal verbal announcement upon entering. ?You wished to speak with me, Sir??

?At ease, Major.? Returned in a level tone. However, there was still rebuke in that he hadn?t turned to face the subordinate. As they were inside a military designated institution, no salutes were exchanged. He let the Chiss pilot hang there in the most uncomfortable position for a career military officer; at ease.

Still not turning, the Colonel went about a mundane task of shuffling datacards into three neat piles. A particular spot caught his attention at the work station, and he took a brief moment to produce a small portable of wood polish while dabbing the spot daintily, and peering at his handiwork from a number of different angles until satisfied.

It was degrading; insulting even. It was totally out of character for the portrayer. That is why it served as a warning, possibly a harbinger of things to come.

?Tell me, Major.? He said without looking up. ?What do you think of the new Simm programs??

?In what capacity, Sir??

?I believe that I asked you a question, Major.? He responded sharply.

He had still not given her any eye contact, and such behavior was starting to generate unease. It was two-fold, and that concerned her more. She was disquieted over the possibility that she had not performed to the desired level, and she was, more uncomfortable over the possibility that she had displeased this particular officer with such performance.

She did not delay in her response having been snapped into instinctual honesty.

?The new programs fall short of realistic combat; limitations do not adequately support multi-threat scenario; and little thought was put into representation of outside inhibitors such as realistic sounds, sights, and even smells , Sir.?

The Colonel finally looked up in response to the thorough admonishment of a system programming that he, himself, had authorized. His look was unyielding and appraising.

?You would have passed on such a purchase that?falls short.?

The Major delayed just a hitch in response, which bothered her more than the answer she would levy. Honesty and integrity were her incessant pinnacles. A pause suggested altering those goals in pursuit of placation.

?I would have passed, Sir.? The words were offered with more clarity and conviction than her previous.

?Would you say that my purchase of those programs was?hmmmm?ill conceived, Major??

?Yes, Sir.? This time she didn?t pause in response, but felt a different gut wrench in pointing out a level of incompetence to her superior, and an officer she respected.

The Colonel nodded while taking a scrutinizing glance to the pilot.

?I see.? He responded while turning to look out the viewer at nothing in particular. ?What course do you suggest be taken to remedy this?what was it again?short fall??

?Colonel, the PYY95 Flight Programming Systems should, immediately, be replaced with an alternate. It is a time sensitive issue that directly affects our sworn oaths, and should take priority on a class 7 designation.?

The colonel spun around smoothly and bore into the Major, who remained stationary with arms folded behind her back while staring ten centimeters over the shoulder of her superior.

?Class Seven?? His voice was raised, and there was obvious annoyance included.

?Yes, Sir.?

?Well then, Lieutenant

2. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    ha, at the begining I was sure Shawknyr was in trouble but then you threw in that twist making her get promoted. I really didn't see that coming (probably should've though) I loved the interaction. I think they were both in character.

In that time, have you known me to do anything as rash, and slipshod as wasting valuable military resources on a sub par training program??

?No, Sir. I mean...yes, Sir.?

?We will leave a certain Jedi out of your assessment.?

?Then no, Sir.?

[face_laugh] I loved that part

3. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Clever. Cool. Balanced and rhythmical. Nicely characterized.

I like the subtle interplay of formal definition and abstract feeling.

As usual with you, Trep, it's a genuine pleasure to read! :D

- The Imperial Ewok

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ha! Like others I thought she was about to be chastised, not promoted. Loved the twist!

5. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    Princess Melissa:
    In that time, have you known me to do anything as rash, and slipshod as wasting valuable military resources on a sub par training program??

?No, Sir. I mean...yes, Sir.?

?We will leave a certain Jedi out of your assessment.?

?Then no, Sir.?

I loved that part

I was tempted to have Jaina walk in through the hatch at that moment... [face_beatup]
    Thanks for reading...

Thrawn McEwok Clever. Cool. Balanced and rhythmical. Nicely characterized.

I like the subtle interplay of formal definition and abstract feeling.

As usual with you, Trep, it's a genuine pleasure to read!

Thanks much for the very nice comments.

Healer Leona: Ha! Like others I thought she was about to be chastised, not promoted. Loved the twist!

So did Major...ummm Lt. Col. Nuruodo....Thanks for reading...

6. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Great story!

7. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Awesome. Very enjoyable.

S.

8. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    He let the Chiss pilot hang there in the most uncomfortable position for a career military officer; at ease.

[face_laugh] That was my favorite line!

The best kind of promotion - it comes with a free supply of Reserve. [face_mischief] :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.