main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Sunday Brunch Anyone?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cliodna_ben_Lhee, Jan 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    About a year ago, we started a Sunday Brunch thing that we were going to do on a semi regular basis (Like every three months or so) but right after we started it, the SSWS site went down and I lost touch with a lot of those peeps for awhile. But now we have our forums back up, plus we have this one too, so I was thinking let's do that again. I really enjoyed it last time since it was the first time I got to see any of the other Star Wars fans in the area face-to-face and I would like to do it again and get even more peeps to join us this time.
    This would not be just a Mos Everett thing or a Garrison Titan thing or an Alpha Base thing but an all Star Wars fans thing so I will post this on multiple boards.

I was thinking of either Sunday, Feb 1st or Sunday Feb 8th or even Sunday Feb 15th
    I want to try and get a day when the most people would attend, so, if you are interested, please post yeah or nay and say what day.
    (Yes, the assonance above was intentional; it?s the poet wannabe in me)
    So, I thought the same Mr. Bills on Aurora Ave. would do, 930 N 130th St, Seattle, WA 98133 to be exact.
    10 or 11 am? Sound good?
    Once I get some idea of what works best for everyone, I will pin down the date and then make it an event.

2. DarthNoll

DarthNoll Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2002
    I posted on the Everett board, too, but I'd like to go!

Feb. 8th is the best Sunday for me, but Feb. 15th is not out of the question either. ;)

3. PunkJr

PunkJr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    This sounds like fun!

I'll have to check with Julie to see what date is good with her.

4. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    If you haven't already seen it, I have a poll about the date on the Everett board
    http://boards.theforce.net/Everett_WA/b10555/14735419/?1
    (also over on the commlink too)

5. DarthNoll

Jul 11, 2002
    It looks like most people are leaning toward the 15th -- Are we on for this? I'm hungry already! ;)

6. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Yep, I plan to be there! Feb 15th, Mr. Bills on Aurora Ave.
    I can't wait to dig in to a huge omelet and a huge helping of hash browns!
    I am thinking 11 am will be good.

7. DarthNoll

Jul 11, 2002
    I'll be there! See you at 11!

8. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    Sorry I can't make it on the 15th. I will be in California enjoying Gallifrey, the biggest Dr. Who convention in the U.S. Hopefully the next brunch will be when I can make it. I would love to meet other fans in the area.

9. DarthNoll

Jul 11, 2002
    Me, too, dragonmar! We'll probably have one again in the not too distant future. :)

10. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Aaarrrgh, I just wanted to apologize for not being able to make it today. I had the most awful morning.
    I stayed the night at a friends last night so I did not have to drive home late and this morning on the way home to get ready to go to brunch, my car died. To make it worse, my cell was also dead but luckily there was a payphone nearby so I was able to call my friend and a tow truck so I finally got home at just about 11 o'clock this morning. I have to make this quick since my oldest DD is coming over to take me to the grocery store since I had planned to shop this afternoon after brunch and the cupboards are bare.
    I hope you all had a great brunch. I am just sick that I couldn't go

11. DarthNoll

Jul 11, 2002
    We missed you both! I'm sorry about your car, Cate and I hope you're feeling better Breezy. :) I called you because we were worried that you guys had meant Mr. Bill's in Everett instead of the one at 99 & 130th! I was just glad you guys weren't sitting up there wondering where we all were! ;)

Maybe we should plan again for March or April?

12. Criz

Criz Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2004
    Yeah, good idea! Aurora is just around the corner from me ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.