main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Sunday in the Park with Barry

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    The name of the song is actually "Sunday in the Park with George" but I was with Barry. Also, we didn't go to the park but to Borders for tea then to see War of the Worlds. I enjoyed the film but did have a few plot problems. Mostly dealing with the Martians having their ships underground for hundreds of thousands of years. Great effects; poor plot point.

Barry and I created a model of the galaxy while having a late lunch using a teapot, plates, cups, saltshaker, and pieces of paper. He was trying to explain his reason as to why the story line could work. It didn't work on me. He left out an astroid field, ruinned his entire point. I'm picky that way

Well, that was exciting.

As to the Officers meeting last night, I am going to do some more research before begining work on the By-Laws of our Empire. And as a note to the Vice "I was press ganged" Chancellor, if you would have sat through more of the meeting you might have been able to save the Republic through examples of humanity, caring, forgivness, and some of those other Jedi virtures that also allow you to leave your closest brother-like best friend burned, legless, sort-of one armed, in pain next to a lava river on what looks like rough sand instead of doing the right thing and either killing him as an act of mercy or calling 911. I put this same argument to Barry today during the galaxy construction and he gave the "I can't kill my brother" speech. At least he didn't say he needed to meditate on the answer for awhile.

Okay, I'm going now.

Golda

2. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    < And as a note to the Vice "I was press ganged" Chancellor, if you would have sat through more of the meeting you might have been able to save the Republic through examples of humanity, caring, forgivness, and some of those other Jedi virtures that also allow you to leave your closest brother-like best friend burned, legless, sort-of one armed, in pain next to a lava river on what looks like rough sand instead of doing the right thing and either killing him as an act of mercy or calling 911. >

uh huh. well, in my defense, i would like to point out that (for once) not only was i on time, but actually early, unlike some people. and since we had been resolutely doing nothing, i went to go fulfill my obligation to the emperor and fix his computer, it's not like i was hard to find. so the rotten kid could have come and got me, since i was doing his bidding like a good little minion.

water passed off the bridge, i'm just saying. [face_plain]

3. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    I was not late. I was making an entrance. And I of course understand that it is important to do the Emperor's bidding, I just wanted it made clear that the Senate was open to all views before crushing the Republic and forging a new Empire Also, that the position of Vice "I was press ganged" Chancellor is free to express various views such as Jedi virtures.

Kissy, Kissy
    Golda

4. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    ah, "open to all views"... quite so.

so, that would mean waiting until i turn the corner and THEN starting the meeting?

"we were open to all views, there just only happened to be ours present."

got it. ;)

but, it was a good entrance.

5. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004

"so, that would mean waiting until i turn the corner and THEN starting the meeting?"

No, that would mean starting the meeting as you turned the corner. You could have made a circle and returned.

"we were open to all views, there just only happened to be ours present."

Yes. Again, you were free to make a circle. You made the CHOICE to complete turning the corner. And I stand behind your decision to turn the corner. You see, the Empire is fair and compromising.=D=

But your voice would have been welcome.

Golda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.