main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Sunday June 2nd, 12:45pm, Arden and Ethan Way

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    If I see the movie then, can anyone join me? If a few of can make it, I'll announce it as a formal fanforce event for us. I want to see it at least once or twice before we make the drive to San Francisco for the digital show. I'm hoping some of the new people we miss might be able to make it too.

Let me know here if there's some interest, and I'll have the fanforce folks announce it formally tomorrow.

I can be there a few minutes early to meet inside the door again. I don't think my husband can make this one, but I'm going to invite my brother.

2. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    I'd be in but I'll have to get back to you (you know how it is babysitters and all)

I should be able to though (possibly with Julie in tow)

3. rogue1yg

rogue1yg Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2002
    I should be able to make this time. It will be great to finally meet you all.

4. G-Dub

G-Dub Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2001
    Darnit, I can't make it! I have family coming into town this weekend from SoCal. Hopefully next time.

Besides, a 12:45 show Sunday runs the risk of being during either Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals or Game 1 of the NBA Championship, starring your SACRAMENTO KINGS!!

5. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I was thinking the same thing as G-Dub. If the Kings/Lakers series goes to seven games, then game 7 will be on Sunday, probably at 3:00. We all know that we'll win on Friday so that doesnt matter :D I don't think they will play game one of the championship on Sunday even if the Nets end up taking the series by beating the Celtics on Friday.

So, if there is no game 7, I will probably be there. But if there is a game 7, a 12:45 showing would be cutting it really close, so I probably wouldn't make it.

6. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    Choose the kings over Star Wars?!! NEVER!!
    sides I figure I'll miss tip off but I'll see the rest of the game...not to mention if I watch more than half it's bad luck for the Kings..really the last game they lost I saw from halftime on. all the others I saw from the fourth on....so I know you guy don't want me watching the entire game.

7. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I would love to, but I have other Sunday obligations that can?t be broken. :(

8. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    There's also an 11:45 showing. We can set the official time after tomorrow's game, to be safe. I don't like making our plans so last minute, but I don't think any of us want to miss the game. My thinking is that we'll set a bunch more times to see the movie over the next couple months. If we sadly miss someone, because we're setting our time kind of late, we can always catch them the next time.

9. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    i shall try my best to attend, but i may be in need of transportation to the location of the movie. wow, i sound slightly smart... :eek:

10. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Okay, I'm thinking I'll post here tonight or first thing tomorrow after the game to formally make this an event or not.

If they Kings are going to play on Sunday at any time, I don't want to miss any of the pregame or postgame fun.

Sorry to not be more decisive, but I don't think I'm the only one not wanting to miss anything!

Go KINGS!!! This will be a day long remembered...

11. fn_clone

May 2, 2002
    "I don't think I'm the only one not wanting to miss anything!"

Your not the only one

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Sorry, but I won't be able to attend the Ep2 viewing on Sunday. I promised my niece and nephew lunch and a movie, so, ya know priorities.... Besides, they will hold me to it! ;)

Anyway have fun everyone. And yes, I am working out a deal for the t-shirts.

13. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Cool, thanks for the update and sorry you can't join us either. We'll do this little mini get togethers a bunch of times while the movie is in the theater, methinks.

14. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    dand, i think i'm gonna have to be out...

15. Capt_Crunch

Capt_Crunch Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    I'd love to see it again... I've still only seen it once. <dodging looks of disbelief> Unfortunately, that day doesn't work for me either. I've got tickets for the King's game. Call me a wannabe Star Wars fan if you want, but I'm not passing up the chance to see Game 7 of King's vs Lakers. If anyone decides to arrange another viewing, let me know.

16. Rattak_Sal-Solo

Rattak_Sal-Solo Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    So nobody's going? Dang. I might just go see it anyway. I know I'm a freak, but I would choose Star Wars over basketball any day. Silly me. I guess I could wait a bit longer, seeing as how I've already seen it 7 times. Auntie, let me know if it's still happening or not. At least one of these times I wanna see it with the Sac Rogues.

17. fn_clone

May 2, 2002
    the 11:45 showing might still work since the game starts at 4:00.

18. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    OK I'm nuts (like you didn't figure that out already) I forgot they are having a b-day party for my Neice sunday, so I wont be able to make it.

19. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    *******It's official*******

Let's call tomorrow at Arden and Ethan at 11:45 a meeting for us. I'll sit just inside the door at 11:30. My name is 'Jennifer' so you don't have to approach strangers saying "Aunt Jar Jar?" I have long blond hair, and will likely be wearing jeans I guess.

I hope those interested do show up, 'cause I'll look silly all alone! :D I hope you can make it! :D

20. rogue1yg

rogue1yg Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2002
    I'll be there Auntie.

21. fn_clone

May 2, 2002
    I should be there.

22. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Great! I'll see you there (don't fail me!) :) Raatak, I hope you log in again soon and see that we'll be there.

See you tomorrow! :D

23. fn_clone

May 2, 2002
    yup, I'll see whoever is going in less than 10 hours.

24. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    I'll be there. I hope you three make it! I'll be sad to see it alone!

25. fn_clone

May 2, 2002
    well shoot, I was getting in my car to go and my car won't start!! This is just great. Sorry, but it doesn't look like I'll be there since I have no other transportation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.