main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Sunday, March 19th, Noon - V For Vendetta movie shindig and March meeting!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jack_T_Chance, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Well, Ken2 and I are going to see it the Thursday before at 10pm in Tyson's Corner. If you can find a sitter... :p

2. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Chas, I'll go with you and Ken2 on Thursday...

3. Midi-ChlorianLori

Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    No need to find a sitter...my ex-husband has them on Thursday! I'd love to join you. Thanks!

4. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Oh, Stallion, you Mighty Nerd Herder you! Don't forget to call ahead to wherever we're meeting to warn them we'll be descending en masse on their poor establishment.

5. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Well, seeing as how Sunday's just a few short days from now, I suppose we oughta figure out what time we're catching the movie, eh? ;)

Unfortunately, those numbskulls at AMC Hoffman Center STILL aren't listing showtimes for Sunday, at least not on MovieTickets.Com. :mad:

So, I have an idea. Since we're planning on lunch/meeting at Noon, why don't we try for a showtime around 2ish? That way, we have plenty of time for lunch and the meeting beforehand. How's that sound? :confused:

6. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005
    That's what I was figuring. I'm also assuming we're just going to do Ruby Tuesdays since it's attached to the theatre. I'll call later this week. Who all's going, again?

7. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    Target and I will be there.

How many are still seeing the movie afterwards?

8. Midi-ChlorianLori

Sep 30, 2003
    I'll be at the meeting with my two kids, so add three to the total.

-Lori

9. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Ken and I will be there. For the meeting at least.

10. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    Ok, So we're planning on meeting at noon, Sunday, at Ruby Tuesdays? Just trying to get the times straight and stuff.

11. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay in posting again. It's been a busy week. Had to resurrect my neighbor's FUBAR computer system for him, and that took awhile.

I'm looking at tomorrow's showtimes at the AMC Hoffman Center 22. Based on what we've said in this thread, I think the 2:20 PM showtime will work best, so that's the time I'm ordering my tickets for. I'm gonna be bringing 1 friend with me for the meeting and movie.

I just finished reading V for Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd a couple nights ago. From what I've seen in the trailers, it appears that the movie will be pretty faithful to the graphic novel. I can't wait! :D

12. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005
    Okay, so I called Ruby Tuesdays, and they don't take reservations on the weekend. So, it looks like we're going ot have 12 in our party, so when I or whoever gets there, we can tell them it's going to be 12 people. I'll try to get there a little earlier, but driving from Reston to Alexandira can be problematic at times. So, whichever one of the officers gets there first might want to put in the table order.

13. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Have fun everyone. Someone please let me know if the movie is good, from what I'm hearing it is anyway.

I have been asked to make the V costume from the movie and will be going to see this myself in another week.

14. Midi-ChlorianLori

Sep 30, 2003
    It's really really really good- I saw it on Thursday night! If I had three thumbs, it would be a triple thumbs up.

-Lori

15. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Hi all, I know this is short notice, but my husband and I will be there for lunch/meeting and the movie. I have yet to hear a bad review, so I'm really looking forward to it!

16. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I can't make it today because I have so much stuff to do for school but I saw it last night and it was excellent! I hope you all have a good time! :)

17. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

Three whole thumbs!?! Nice. :)

BTW, thanks so far on the advice about making the hat Lori.

18. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    So what'd everyone think of the movie??? Sorry I couldn't make the meeting...I was planning on leaving around that time, but I had to pick up a pattern for my audition dress from Jo-Anns and then my mom wanted to see a movie with me...I ended up leaving around 5p. BTW We saw V for Vendetta (of course! This is now my new temporary obsession, I love that movie)I might be down again for Passover/Easter Break...let me know if anything is going on

19. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok I just got back from Nashville, (visiting the b/f) and saw V for Vendetta while down there. That movie kicks major A$$!!

Chrissy, you NEEEEEEEEED to see this movie!! Infact that is a order girl. ;)

Now of course I am making the costume for the b/f for Dragon Con. Got the mask and gloves ordered and now looking for patterns and a belt maker for the rest of it.

Thank god I'm making that amish hat for the Lancaster Garrison since I can make the V hat as well from the same stuff. :)

But that leaves me with a question, does anyone here know where I can get a bootleg of the movie? I need it to make screen captures of the costume from different angles. Yeah I think a trip to Center City Philadelphia is in order but I'm really hoping to just download it somewhere... btw, pm me the info. ;)

20. Midi-ChlorianLori

Sep 30, 2003
    I don't know about a bootleg of the movie, but they've got some pretty good quality photos of parts of the V costume on the official site for the movie. Here's the link:

http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/photos.html

The photos may help you pick up some of the costume details even better than the screen capture- the photo quality was pretty crisp and you can pick up quite a few details of the belt buckle, hat, etc.

-Lori

21. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    I've been all over that site with a fine tooth comb, even found an interview with the cosutmer that talks about the materials used for the costume and how the mask is held onto the actor's face. ;)

The best site I've found about the costume has been the RPF site and even they are just beginning to research this costume. *sigh*

Thanks for the link Lori anyway. :)

22. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    wow that will be a really cool costume to do, Wendy! I bet it will look fabulous!! I can't wait until DragonCon!

23. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

[face_blush]

I hope it comes out looking good considering there will probably be a ton of V's there, except this V will be my V. [face_devil]

24. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005

Yeah, but wasn't that the point the movie was trying to make? :p

25. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

Well if you want to talk about anarchy and if it can work or discuss whether or not V was a rebel or terrorist, that debate is for another thread dear. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.