Tucson SUNDAY OCTOBER 15th TUCSON FAN FORCE MEETING - 1pm Joel Vadez Main Library

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Sep 28, 2006.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. dialswiftjustice Jedi Master

star 4
    Thats downtown. Cat has the parking details. And it is easier to get to than youmight think. Food an drink are Ok, and we dont need to be quiet if I remember right this is downstairs away from the majority of the library.
  2. dialswiftjustice Jedi Master

star 4
    Oops! I accidentally deleted the day from the title! It's the 15th

3. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    ***Joel Valdez Main Library SUNDAY- OCTOBER 15TH, 1PM!!!!!***

Address is
    Joel D. Valdez Main Library
    101 N. Stone Ave.
    Tucson, AZ 85701
    520-791-4393 in case you need to call for directions.

The library opens on sundays at 1pm, parking is in the parking garage right next door, take the elevator to get to the inside of the library. As for directions for getting to the main library.. I am lousy at directions.. I will ask Jake to post directions for getting there.. I can certainly get there.. but I can't give names of streets and such as that.. Parking is FREE in the garage on Sundays.

The room is in the downstairs portion of the library. A very large room with more than enough room for more than 100 stretch out easily.. not that we plan on having that many attend.. but wouldn't it be wonderful if we did!!

4. dialswiftjustice Jedi Master

star 4
    The garage is actually underneath the library and you take the elevator up to the ground floor where the meeting room is. The entrance is off of Alameda (I think). Carpool if you can cause if the parking garage fills up (it probably wont) you gotta feed the meters!
  5. TheeLordvader Jedi Padawan

According to www.mapquest.com the library is called Tucson Pima Public Library.
    And it is located on Stone Ave. and Pennington St. not on Alameda.
  6. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Meters are free on Sunday as well.
  7. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I want to make sure everyone has this info as there has been some confusion as to where the library is located.

101 N. Stone Ave.
    Tucson, AZ 85701
    520-791-4393 in case you need to call for directions
  8. dialswiftjustice Jedi Master

star 4
    The entrance tot he garage is off of Alameda, and the official name is the Juan Valdez Public Library, Ive worked many an off duty job there hustling bums off the premesis
  9. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, that was ONLY once and I went straight home after that. 8-}
  10. dialswiftjustice Jedi Master

star 4
    You were the only one I pitied having to send home!
  11. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Huh?!? [face_beatup] :_|
  12. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    continuing to keep this current so we know where it is.

101 N. Stone Ave.
    Tucson, AZ 85701
    520-791-4393 in case you need to call for directions[/quote]
  13. MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Master

star 4
    The easiest way to get there is to come in from Stone Ave and 6th St heading south into downtown...turn right (west) on Alemeda and imediately get into the far left lane to turn left into the garage...then go to the 2nd level and find a spot to park...you will be on level LL2 when looking at the buttons on the elevator...take elevator to level LL1...the stairs leading upstairs will be in front of you and the door to the meeting room just to the left
    I hope these directions are helpful

TTYL
  14. timstephens4 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Seeing as how this meeting is on Sunday, and (gasp) I might be able to make it. Here is a new item for the agenda. I think, as a Fan Force (or as individual members that just happen to enter the same name), we should enter This contest. This contest is to give Jacen his Sith name in the LOTF Series. This would be awesome if we won, and we could all add that to our resumes.
  15. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    How about Darth Gullibus? :mad:
  16. dialswiftjustice Jedi Master

star 4
    Monday after that is going to be a build day on the backdrops rain or shine!
  17. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Darth Congruous :p
  18. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
  19. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't know what yet.. but I will bring something to eat to the meeting.

Remember if there is something you want on the agenda for the meeting please PM it to JediObiKat.
  20. 14of3amberofborg Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just so all are notified.
    FSOS's birthday is the date of the meeting. I will bring cake!!
  21. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Because I can't attend in person, Happy B-day FsoS!
  22. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Birthday Cake is always a top go getter for my food vote!!

I am leaning towards bringing a raw veggie plate.. though at the last minute I could sway and bring something else.. but it will be along that venue in any case.
  23. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    According to the newspaper, the Tucson Meet Yourself festival is this weekend. The map shows that the library is right near where the festivities are. Will parking in the garage be a problem? I'm thinking people for the festival might try to park there. It's a pain trying to park in Tucson if there is something going on as we found out last weekend when we went to the Home and Garden show.
  24. timstephens4 Jedi Knight

star 2
    It may or may not pose a problem. There are even festivities in front of the Library. This is also a good place to find some last minute food (When we did this for Pep Band, we called it the "Tucson Eat Yourself Festival" because of all the food there).

Unfortunately, I cannot make it to the meeting. I forgot all about cleaning the highway with my fraternity on Sunday. Our stretch of freeway is on I-10 just north of Cortaro Farms. If anybody needs me for anything, I have PMed my new cell # to Cat.
  25. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    That is actually distressing news. I don't know if it will present a problem or not. I will be at the library tomorrow and I will ask about this. Jeesh.. the very first time we plan a library meeting winds up being the same weekend of a city festival.. that's gotta be really amazing odds...though I have to admit it sounds like something I would enjoy going to. Jake and I really enjoyed the one we attended in Phoenix.

No where on the website am I finding the parking garage mentioned as a place for parking.. but obviously I would imagine people know the garage is there.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby