Tucson SUNDAY OCTOBER 15th TUCSON FAN FORCE MEETING - 1pm Joel Vadez Main Library

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Sep 28, 2006.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. 14of3amberofborg Jedi Knight

star 1
    Can Whoever has the TFF community plates and forks, PLEASE remember to bring them?? Or do we need to replenish the supply? Just dont wanna have to serve cake to people on their hands!:D
  2. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Have your meet these people?

After dressing up and standing around in the AZ. sun all day I don't think eating cake would be a hardship, in hand or plate.

They R tough, they can work it out.

3. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I have the plates and plasticware, I will bring them. Also, if anyone is looking for some good, different food for a change, the Tucson Meet Yourself Festival opens up the food booths at 12 noon, so you can get food to go and bring it to the meeting if you want to.

Librarian said that she is unaware what the parking situation will be like, though normally on sundays it is not that bad, but with the festival she is not sure.

there are several other parking lots all around the downtown area though. Hopefully all will work out.
  4. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    It was great seeing everyone at the meeting yesterday!
    Here are the minutes:
    Attendance:
    cathiecat
    JediObiKat
    DialSwiftJustice
    _Anakin_Vader_
    PikeKrzoick
    14of3amberofborg
    firstsonofsolo
    Mr. Wookiee
    Gabriel
    Mugen
    NabooLady
    RebelMom

Notes:
    -To avoid confusion in the future, events will be designated as either TFF events or DSG events. (Jada has already started a thread about this)
    -Keep sending in the recipes!!!
    -If you have some books to add to the Fan Force Library, bring them to the next meeting and give them to NabooLady, our official librarian
    -Food drive: it sounded like we will be collecting our own donations and then donating them
    -Make-a-wish foundation: Saturday Dec. 2: we'll be doing a Christmas party for kids
    -Flowing Wells Concert: March 28 and May 9
    -KUAT: they might be doing a story on us
    -Susan G. Komen: April 15. This is a huge event that had 12500 people last year. If you want to volunteer to help plan the race itself, there are meeting on the 2nd Monday of every month at 5:45pm at Tucson Medical Center.
    -Backdrops: You can go over to DSJ's parents' house this weekend to help work on the backdrops.
    -Kids Rock Stars Family Fitness Event: November 18, This is a DSG event up in Phoenix at Excelencia (?) School. Arrive at 8am, the event ends around 12.
    -PF Chang's Rock n' Roll Marathon: Early January, This is also a DSG event up in Phoenix
    -Holiday party: Dec. 2, after Make-a-Wish. It will be a potluck with a white elephant gift exchange and a secret santa.
    -Howl-o-ween: Oct. 27-29 at Reid Park Zoo, 6-8pm the 27 & 28, 5-7 the 29th. Park behind the cancer memorial (get there early if you want a spot, we can get in at 4:30)
    -Heroes & Villains: 10am-12pm (what day??), media will be there and you can go and pose
    -Hospital visits: dates are posted somewhere. We collected about 150 toys at the toy drive on Saturday to give out at these visits!
    -Constitution: we approved it, and it will be posted shortly.
  5. 14of3amberofborg Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good job on the info!! lol :p
  6. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    [face_talk_hand] Hey! That's what DSJ said, I've never seen these dates...
  7. PikeKrzoick Jedi Padawan

Hey there!
    Cool meeting! Thanks for letting me hang out.
    Hope to see all of you at the zoo!

(p.s. Your teeth are blue.)
  8. 14of3amberofborg Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for coming!! and for the blue teeth check!!
  9. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey is there's nothing new to report theres nothing new to report!
  10. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Also, I really liked that meeting room! If we can get it again lets do it
  11. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
  12. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    I second that.
  13. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    meeting board header for november and sticky removal requests have been turned in as of sunday night.. just so everyone knows.
  14. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm very flexible on meeting days. The only time I can't is Sunday morning.
  15. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    Is there free parking on Saturdays????

The revised and approved constitution was posted on the "Welcome to the Two Suns Fan Force" thread.
  16. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Free parking on weekends and after 6pm downtown. Since we are using the library we get free parking there at any time.
  17. _Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    So... do we know when the next meeting is?
  18. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
  19. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe it is the same location (library), and will be on November 19th.

Cat, I know you said you notified the guy about changing the heading to the next meeting. You might want to diplomaticly send the fella another "nudge" about changing the header.
  20. MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Master

star 4
    Cat says she will send him a reminder. [face_pumpkin]
  21. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby