main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Sunday October 16th: First Fanforce Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by vampyregodz, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Then do not call it by the name of an established group when the majority of the originators and charter members will not be attending due to internal conflicts with the member holding the meeting/workshop at their home. It is akin to having a couple of people in Stormtrooper armour attend our events and calling ourselves the 501st.

2. I_heart_Fetts

I_heart_Fetts Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2005
    This isn't a personal attack on you, so don't take it as such, but I thought you resigned?

3. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    LOL i dont check the FF for 2 days, and its the same ol' bullshyte again.

ANYHOO... Just checking in to say hello from dusty Tuscon Arizona! The climate out here is almost exactly like fl, a little less humidity, and beautiful mountains, but aside from that, all the comforts of home (IE palm trees and sh!tty drivers)

Just wanted to wish you good luck with the gathering tomorrow, I hope you guys have another in a couple of weeks, I cant wait to attend. I wish i wasnt missing this one, but oh well.

I'll be hitting walmart and target lookin for those Tarkins Joe.

Onward (to the grand canyon :) )

4. vampyregodz

vampyregodz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2003
    You resigned and have your TDB1138, this is the fanforce an online community, and we are having a get together, yes its in Plant City this time, but next time may be in Tampa, St Pete etc, we are from all over the bay area and surrounding areas...have a gerat day!

See everyone else tomorrow...email vampyregodz@gmail.com if you need directions

5. vampyregodz

Apr 30, 2003
  6. TK-3150

TK-3150 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2005
    Had a blast everyone, and I probably won't be at any out of town events for awhile unless I can get a ride. Yup, I blew up the van on the way home. Sounds like a bent rod and the heater core went out spewing brown water inside the van. The towtruck got me home after midnight! Anyways, I gotta try to make arrangements for work in the morning, so I will talk to you all later! Thanks again for a great time of fans hanging out.

7. Hopkins9482

Hopkins9482 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    It was definitely lots of fun, I'll say. Glad to see everyone and some new faces again and I look forward to meeting up again, hopefully when I can.

8. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Anyone can post on the public board...any fans gathering in person is individually up to that person...there are no official meetings at this time, unless it is to start a new chapter and you then contact TFN staff or regional rep. and apply, then follow the guidelines.

With the holidays fast approaching (less than 90 days until Christmas!!!) I know most folks are busy getting ready for the holiday season...

Please post any info. about info. from other groups, partys, workshops, etc.
    Thanks
    Marie

9. HippieTrooper

HippieTrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2005
    Had a blast! Lots of stuff got done, although I have a feeling no one will ever want to play Trivial Pursuit with me again, sorry, I LOVE that game! LOL
    Anyway, lets do it again real soon.
    Gary, sorry to hear about the van, I thought you were getting off on 54, what happened? I wanted to follow you to NPR at least. Keep me updated.
    Later

10. I_heart_Fetts

Sep 16, 2005
    Yes! It was a lot of fun, you guys are great. Thanks Joe and Sheila for having us over and thanks Bert for the lightsaber tutorial. Gary, I really feel your vehicle breakdown pain.

11. Darth_Lego_Maul

Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    I had a great time, too. Thanks for letting us hang out at your place, Joe and Sheila.

I'd play Star Wars Trivial Pursuit with you again, Bert, despite how badly you beat us all. It was still fun. And the extensive help you gave us making the lightsabers was very much appreciated.

12. PrincessElaina

PrincessElaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    Sorry I missed you guys! I heard you had an absolute blast!! I will be there in November to party for sure because it my birthday month and you guys are great to hang out with! Also I will get some breathing time and be able to have a social life.

Btw, Hi Mike! :p

13. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    sounds like i missed a good time! Sign me up for the next one!

-Jace

14. Hopkins9482

Oct 18, 2004
  15. vampyregodz

Apr 30, 2003
    Thanks again for everyone who came out, it was a blast for the time I was awake, between trooping the night before and the medication i was dead most of the day, thatnks all for understanding :)

I would definately like to have a get together again in November...perhaps we can do a movie/luunch meeting, lots of cool movies coming out in the next few weeks or if someone wants to offer up a meeting place thats cool or if you want to do another in home one we would be happy to offer up our home again :)

Once again thanks for a great meeting! And I definately think we will be sticking with Sundays!

16. Hopkins9482

Oct 18, 2004
    Not like it's MAJORLY important or anything, but I believe I left my sunglasses there...oh well...

17. seswa

seswa Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    what do they look like Mike? i can hunt around for them tonight when i get home for you.

18. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Use the force sheila... You will find them...

and mike, who needs glasses: "through the force, things you will see..."

(im bored out of my mind in a hotel lobby. I just cant come up with anything better :) )

onward...

19. HippieTrooper

HippieTrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2005
    Lets do it, Leighann and I are also happy to offer our place, we know its out of the way for most, but its there if anyone wants to do it and we dont always mess up Joes house :)
    Had a blast, lets do it again real soon. Movie outing sounds like fun too.
    Later

20. vampyregodz

Apr 30, 2003
    depending upon the weekend there is a mugs and movies right by my house tickets are only 5.50 ea and they have a ull menu of great sandwiches, salads, burgers, and great appetizers, we can always do a movie there its a much more relaxed environment

21. I_heart_Fetts

Sep 16, 2005
    I had no idea we had one of those out here. Shows you how well I know the area. Anyway, I have no problems with driving far to get to one of the gatherings, so any place is fine.

btw, I loved Spaced!

22. vampyregodz

Apr 30, 2003
    yeah Allison its right by the super walmart...behind the Boston Market nice little theatre...

will PM you when we go again or better yet PM me your # we usually go on the weekend if there is nothing going on :)

23. Darth_Lego_Maul

Jul 30, 2005
    I'd like to offer my place for another gathering. It's in Brandon (right off the Mango exit of 75), so I don't know if this would be convenient for everyone, but let me know. I know it was requested that we get together again on a Sunday. I think any Sunday is good for me, except for the one of the dvd release. Saturdays are also clear for me if that would be better for people.

24. I_heart_Fetts

Sep 16, 2005
    Please tell me you aren't going to tell Larry about this before everyone shows up! Oh, and could you PM me directions?

25. Darth_Lego_Maul

Jul 30, 2005
    Actually I have already informed him and he has agreed to be elsewhere that day. I'll PM you immediately with directions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.