San A, TX Sunday - Sunday - Sunday !!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ObiJuan70, Nov 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiJuan70 Jedi Knight

star 3
    For all those involved in the Imperial Entanglements FanFilm, this message is for you !!!

We will be meeting this coming Sunday, December 5th to work on some more script readthroughs, saber training, and possibly take some pics for story boards and to document our progress.

Scott McRaney will be on hand to work on some saber training and go over some of the specifics for the film so please if you have volunteered to participate, please contact me this week to RSVP that you will be available. You can either post here or email me and I will follow up with you.

This coming weekend should be another fun one with more saber duel work and such so even if you aren't in the film you are more than welcome to join us.

Please get in touch with me this week cause this weekend will not only be fun but BUSY !!!!

Take Care and May the FanFilm be with you . . .

John
  2. Darth-Hulk Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be available. Will this be here in town?
  3. ObiJuan70 Jedi Knight

star 3
  4. Darth-Hulk Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent! Then I will be available for anything you need. Whatever I can do to help.
  5. rudydarthg Jedi Knight

I would like to attend this if possible.

Rudy G.
  6. robkun Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey my brothers, i am scheduled to work, but i am going to try to get out of it. i really would like to be there. i,ll get with john later.
  7. Darth-Hulk Jedi Master

star 4
    Uh, silly question, where is this all going to happen on sunday?
  8. ObiJuan70 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Marselles, the script reads will take place at Casa de ObiJuan, then for those involved in the saber duels, we will be meeting at Matt and Mark's office downtown. Scott and I talked about it and thought that it would be better if we set this at two different locations since he will be pressed for time and we want to be FOCUSED on the tasks at hand so we broke up the sessions so there won't be any distractions, we want to try and have somewhat of a refinement since we will be taking a break for the Christmas holidays.

So for the Script reads, it'll be you, Brent, Scott, (I think Wes will be here too), my niece, and myself and then for the Saber duels, it'll be Matt and Mark, Scott, Rob, Kevin from the USS Bexar, Lisa (to document with pics) and then myself.

After we get done with everything we plan to meet for a late lunch to meet with those who haven't committed to the project yet but are interested . . .

So gimme a buzz and I will get ya directions to here Bro . . .

Take Care

John

9. ObiJuan70 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, today was ONE HELL OF A DAY !!!

First off, let me apologize to those that we didn't get to meet with today. We had planned a luncheon for later in the day but we actually didn't finish everything til after 9pm. Scott's actually passed out on my couch right now cause he only had 30 minutes of sleep when he got in to town this morning and he's STILL planning on driving back some time tonight.

Well let me give you all the lowdown of what all happend. Scott got in to town about 9:30 this morning and crashed for 30 minutes or so til we went and got Brent (who did great as Admiral Bragdon, remember your motivation !!! :) ) and then we also picked up my Niece Lauren who's portraying Tiran Sha for the movie (the only accomplished actress of the group and she ROCKED and I ain't only saying that cause I'm her Uncle either), we all met at Wes and Brandy's with Marselles being there as well (who Really - REALLY Rocked as Vader, when Bragdon talks tha smack and Vader returns it, it's just SICK !!!) Wes Rocked on his lines too (the pouty thing Wes did was just too Anakin, awesome job Bro !! :) ) and everyone seemed to be really hitting their mark. What should've been an hour and a half went to 2 - 3hrs there. Again, special thanks to Wes and Brandy for allowing us to use their house for the script reads.

From there it was off to Lisa's place where we met up with her and her lovely Mom (who is the GRAND JEDI MASTER OF COSTUME MAKING - YOU ARE AWESOME MOM !!!), while Scott was meeting with her about a new bodysuit for his Vader outfit, I did some test shots with my costume as well as dropped off my niece to a luncheon. We got ALOT done there and then it was on to our final stop for the evening.

We met up with the twins, Matt and Mark for some quick pizza eating and watching of the Trilogy on their new Widescreen TV that they had at their office, PS and By the way, FanForce Trilogy viewing at their office some time soon so be on the lookout for a date. Once we stuffed our faces with pizza, it was off to the nearby parking garage for the Vader vs. The Jedi Twins duel. By this time, it was already 6pm and the light of the sky was fading, so we went from stunt sabers til it got dark and then Mark busted out the MR FX sabers and it was all crazy from there. We found out that Lisa's camera ALSO shoots video clips, so expect to see some samples on the web soon.

But our evening didn't end there folks, OH NO! It just so happend that the dueling of the FX sabers seemed to catch the eyes of the nearby office building and the office of a local newspaper, we had people standing in their windows trying desperately to open them to get a good shot of the action. They eventually sent over their photographer to get some shots and began to ask us questions on what we were doing. It was obvious that they liked what they saw cause they interviewed us later in Matt and Mark's office about the film as well some info on our club.

I have to say on a personal note that I am VERY happy to be a part of this film, the people that I have trained for these action sequences have taken to the moves SO naturally and everyone is having ALOT of fun working on this, we have a great bunch of people involved in this and this will turn out to be a really great film . . .

It's all coming together and if you stay tuned, we will have pics up on the webpage soon . . .

Take Care Friends

John
  10. Darth-Hulk Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, I will be anticipating seeing the interview in the paper or on tv. That's cool! The script read-through was so much fun. I drove Brent home and he showed me his office with his extensive Batman & SW collectables. Very impressive!

Good weekend for all!
  11. ObiJuan70 Jedi Knight

star 3
    The pics are now available for viewing !!!

http://www.thejedicounciloftexas.com/120504.html

Enjoy !!!

John
  12. Darth-Hulk Jedi Master

star 4
    Sweet pics, man! This movie is definitely going to be one of the best!
  13. thx1067 Force Ghost

star 1
    I definitely feel a tremble in the FORCE.

Marselles - I think we need to record our dialouge asap so we can practice at home with a tape player - memorizing our lines; getting a feel for the tempo and timing. I just want to be absolutely perfect when it comes time to shoot this thing. I can't wait!

- Brent
  14. Darth-Hulk Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree. We'll set up a time at the meeting on the 18th to record our dialogue.
  15. ObiJuan70 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Awesome Guys, good to hear that you two are gonna be working on your lines for awhile. I plan to meet up with my Niece for ours as well.

I plan to head to Arlington this weekend, if anyone wants to join me, let me know . . .

Laterz

John
  16. bustergundam Jedi Knight

Nice stunt sabers. I am looking forward to seeing this. It will be truly awesome. Also, what local paper was taking pictures?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.